digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Assasains Creed details. [Possible Spoilers?]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:57 pm   Reply with quote

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200904/N09.0410.0649.28372.htm wrote:

After the cliffhanger ending of the first game, Assassin’s Creed is back for more. “A New Hero for a New Time,” eh? What could that possibly mean? Just judging from the cover art, this isn’t the same Altair that we’re used to. At the very least, he’s picked up some spiffy new threads, right? Nope. In Assassin’s Creed 2, players take on the role of Ezio, a young noble whose family was lost through rival ruling families' betrayals. In addition to the new character, players are going to get to explore a new setting: Renaissance-era Venice.

And too add to this, there apparently has been unnoficial details leaked onto the internet. None of this is confirmed, so...

* New weapons include an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, two different sword types, a spear-axe, and two smaller blades. Each weapon has a special move.
    * You can swim.
    * You can glide, on Da Vinci's flying machine.
    * Speaking of, Leonardo Da Vinci's workshop is in the game.
    * Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
    * The game opens in 1476. Altair is from 1191. You play as an new ancestor of Altair / Desmond, Ezio Auditore de Firenze, a nobleman of Florence.
    * You will see the countryside of Tuscany.
    * The "Auditore" family is mentioned.
    * Important characters in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici.
    * Assassin's Creed 2 will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
    * You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them.
    * 16 unique mission types.
    * No more eavesdropping or pick-pocket missions.
    * If you are injured too much, you will need to see a doctor to regain health.
    * Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) return, but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses. Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that hasn't been disclosed.
    * New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses include archers, elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and two-handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy who will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're nearby.
    * While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
    * You can still climb towers and ride horses.
    * Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
    * There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
    * 240 people are working on this title.
Ornaments    
RULE ONE OF FIGHT CLUB
Steve

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 pm   Reply with quote

Awesome looking, so far. But I was hoping to be able to play as Desmond in modern day. :/
penis    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:08 pm   Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
Awesome looking, so far. But I was hoping to be able to play as Desmond in modern day. :/
Waka Waka Waka...

I'm sure that's what will happen in the future series. We're going up the time-line.
Ornaments    
RULE ONE OF FIGHT CLUB
Steve

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:24 pm   Reply with quote

Pac-Man wrote:
Steve wrote:
Waka Waka Waka...

I'm sure that's what will happen in the future series. We're going up the time-line.
I just expected it after Assasins Creed, y'know, with Desmond using Eagle Vision and presumably other powers. Also, that doctor guy is EEEVVVIL. And while I have these tags up, the guys keeping Desmond are the Knights Templar.
penis    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews