digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Dump (goodbye party!)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:44 pm   Reply with quote

The Dump was originally created for topics that had little discussion. Like a post of a video... or for forum games like "modify the above posters sig". General Discussion (Off-Topic then) was filling up fast with these kinds of posts. Instead of having to worry about if a topic was good-enough or not, if I had any doubts, it got sent to The Dump.

Fast forward to today. The Dump is now the most active forum! Shocked. Obviously people want to have the freedom to post without fear of strict guidelines and without worrying about having perfect grammar or if the topic is more than just a funny video link. Its fun and creative and jokes move in and out like the tide. It feels almost like a chatroom... blink and you'll miss a whole page of topics.

But over time people have gotten the idea that The Dump is for spam and saying whatever you want. It is slowly turning into a total spam forum mixed with insults, drowning out any decent topics. There are now constant fights between people who have different expectations of what the dump should be. Partly this is my fault for not making clear rules and the name "The Dump" doesn't help. So, I feel like there should be a slight change to The Dump as we know it today.

I plan on renaming The Dump to be "Off-Topic". A familiar term that means "stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else". I think that this will make it more clear that it is not a Spam forum to be flooded with nonsense and hatred. Peace and happiness will once again be restored, and the stench of the dump will fade away into the deep blue sky of Bitlands.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with this change, but I think it really is for the better. The current state of "forum without rules that still has rules" just doesn't seem to be working. Don't think of The Dump as going away, but rather being reborn as something better. Your thoughts (without arguing) and PMs are appreciated.

Discuss here: http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=13282

To celebrate this momentous occation and remember old memes long gone, we will have a party today... in The Dump (yep, you can earn coins!) Party starts at 5pm eastern time, and will end "with a bang" at midnight!
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Announcements