digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:10 pm   Reply with quote

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/?rhtml=y

The rumors are true; the new playable races are goblins and worgen (Werewolves).

Also, apparently, the entirety of the game world is being re-made; most of the old zones have been altered in some way.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:56 pm   Reply with quote

I say those rumors were started by Blizzard.
Very nice. More content, most if which will take me forever to access. And new druid races. Been needing those. ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:49 am   Reply with quote

*crag*, they're changing the entire *crag* game.

Attack Power, Spell Power, Defense Rating, Armor Penetration, and other stats are being removed from items (Although they still exist on character sheets).

So, instead of having an item that gives you X intellect and X SP, you have an item that gives you just X intellect that affects your mana, SP, and crit ratings.

I don't know whether this mass simplification is a good thing or not. It removes alot of the variety among gear choices and makes theorycrafting less interesting, but at the same time, it's making things easier for some people to understand.
The Highwind Goods Store    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:19 pm   Reply with quote

This brings me to a bit of a dilemma...

...do I try to hit 85 ASAP, dealing with the 800 other assholes grinding the same monsters for the same quests I have, as well as dickhead Alliance Paladins running around killing people just because they're dickheads...

...or do I make a Goblin and grind the same monsters 800 other new Goblins are for the same quests I have...

...hrm...
Tamriellic Titles    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:51 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
This brings me to a bit of a dilemma...

...do I try to hit 85 ASAP, dealing with the 800 other assholes grinding the same monsters for the same quests I have, as well as dickhead Alliance Paladins running around killing people just because they're dickheads...

...or do I make a Goblin and grind the same monsters 800 other new Goblins are for the same quests I have...

...hrm...

Do what I did and just *crag* ignore new shit for 3 months until it dies down.

That's when I made a Draeni.

Well it was a really long time after but hey *crag* you.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:33 am   Reply with quote

What i don't get is once this expansion comes out, how will newer players be able to do all the stuff they could before, what with Azeroth all but decimated. Or would it be instanced only for the players that have the expansion? And with that, how would they be able to socialize with lower-leveled players?

AHHH, MY HEAD'S GONNA EXPLODE. But I still REALLY WANNA GET THIS SHIT.
Geno's Tree    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 am   Reply with quote

The world will still be changed for people who didn't get the expansion; however, they will be unable to access any of the new dungeons, new races, new class/race combos, the new profession, new "Path" system, the "Mastery" system, the level cap, etc...

If the remakes of Naxx and Onyxia are any indication, once the new versions of the instances become available, the old versions will no longer exist.
The Highwind Goods Store    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 am   Reply with quote

QuestHelper's gonna have one hell of a time redirecting everything with the screwed up terrain now.

...I still don't get how lower level players will still be able to do the quests from before without a lot of trouble.
Geno's Tree    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:37 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
QuestHelper's gonna have one hell of a time redirecting everything with the screwed up terrain now.

...I still don't get how lower level players will still be able to do the quests from before without a lot of trouble.

Because the quests in the level 12 zones will still give quests for level 12s and have level 12 monsters. They're reworking pretty much every quest in the old-game. It will make raising a new character interesting.

BTW Cid, there is nothing about people not being able to access the new race/class combinations without the expansion in the news. Tauren Paladins and Dwarf Shamans(maybe they use giant steins for totems) will be available to all.
Tamriellic Titles    
IpodXpert
IpodXgirl

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:07 pm   Reply with quote

Looks lame

oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:14 pm   Reply with quote

IpodXgirl wrote:
Looks lame

0/10, try again.
Tamriellic Titles    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 pm   Reply with quote

IpodXgirl wrote:
Looks lame
Why? ಠﮯ๏
DISGUISE KIT    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:52 pm   Reply with quote

There has never been an expansion pack to a game that has both made me incredibly hyped for it and pissed me off to the point of considering quitting the game.

I don't know whether to love or hate Blizzard for Cataclysm. I'm confused.
The Highwind Goods Store    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:45 pm   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
There has never been an expansion pack to a game that has both made me incredibly hyped for it and pissed me off to the point of considering quitting the game.

I don't know whether to love or hate Blizzard for Cataclysm. I'm confused.

Look at the bright side, models have been improved.

Now all Blizzard needs to do is update the original races to these standards, instead of making them live with their pacman mouths and plastic faces.
Tamriellic Titles    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews