digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Computers are stupid.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:53 pm   Reply with quote

On Dell's website (my parent's gave me no choice in the brand), I can't customize the video card at all for the Studio 17. It comes standard with a shitty one, and the custom options only ad on to the shittiness. How the hell am I supposed to put a GeForce 8800 or greater (or the laptop equivalent) in there if they don't give me the option? Dell is a piece of shit.

I want a Macbook Pro... They have full customization.

If I get this Dell thing... I might as well buy a piece of paper and a pencil, cuz that would look better than the graphics on that machine.
Geno's Tree    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:05 pm   Reply with quote

The graphics card is embedded in the motherboard. You can't change it.
NON BANNER    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:24 pm   Reply with quote

Lord Bob wrote:
The graphics card is embedded in the motherboard. You can't change it.
Well, then I'd better be able to find a laptop with a minimum of:

4GB of RAM
500GB hard drive
GeForce 8800
Dual core processor

...for under $1000, or else I'm not passing my first week in college.
Geno's Tree    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:27 pm   Reply with quote

http://www.alienware.com/products/area-51-750i-desktop.aspx?SysCode=PC-A51-750I&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT
darkzero's Bargain shop    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:19 pm   Reply with quote

You know what geno?
Screw you.

Stop bitching about stuff like "whaaa I don't get an awesome computer just a very good one whaaa"

Guess what?

My family always gives eachother laptops. However, my dad lost his job. Yet my sister and my dad got her a laptop. It was a 300$ HP mini.
They said they woudn't give anymore laptops, it's getting spendy, we should buy our own, noone else needs one.

The best part: My mom's reaction "Oh. Cool. This will be nice."
And the even bestest part: The reason she wanted a laptop: "Now when I write I can do this in my room, instead of downstairs."

So yeah.
TWEWY Pins    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 pm   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:
http://www.alienware.com/products/area-51-750i-desktop.aspx?SysCode=PC-A51-750I&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT
So then this would be able to play games like Fallout 3 and TF2 at the highest video settings?
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:34 pm   Reply with quote

DarkBlueWinters wrote:
darkzero wrote:
So then this would be able to play games like Fallout 3 and TF2 at the highest video settings?
HA-HA-HA,
your parent's spend assloads of money if it could do that.
If I got a Laptop ( I won't get one anyway) It wouldn't be able to play peggle on the highest quaility.
TWEWY Pins    
DarkBlueAce
Louis

HP: 99 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:36 pm   Reply with quote

Manpersonguything wrote:
DarkBlueWinters wrote:
darkzero wrote:
HA-HA-HA,
If I got a Laptop ( I won't get one anyway) It wouldn't be able to play peggle on the highest quaility.
I'd have to save up for it on my own.
DarkBlueAce's Shop    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:37 pm   Reply with quote

DarkBlueWinters wrote:
Manpersonguything wrote:
DarkBlueWinters wrote:
darkzero wrote:
HA-HA-HA,
I'd have to save up for it on my own.
Talking more to Geno
TWEWY Pins    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:23 pm   Reply with quote

DarkBlueWinters wrote:
darkzero wrote:
TF2, Yes, Since all you really need is an Nvidia Geforce 8800, And depending on the hardware you get with the PC, It will still be able to run it on the highest settings

Not sure about Fallout 3 though. °Д°
◉_◉ ʘﮯʘ
darkzero's Bargain shop    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:36 pm   Reply with quote

Manpersonguything wrote:
You know what geno?
Screw you.

Stop bitching about stuff like "whaaa I don't get an awesome computer just a very good one whaaa"

Guess what?

My family always gives eachother laptops. However, my dad lost his job. Yet my sister and my dad got her a laptop. It was a 300$ HP mini.
They said they woudn't give anymore laptops, it's getting spendy, we should buy our own, noone else needs one.

And the even bestest part: The reason she wanted a laptop: "Now when I write I can do this in my room, instead of downstairs."

So yeah.

Read up plz. The part where he says "I need this or else college = no."

If I remember correctly, Geno is studying computer animation. 3D software is not exactly video-card friendly.

Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:25 pm   Reply with quote

WHY NOT JUST VAPORIZE THIS "DELL" HUMAN AND TAKE YOUR MONEY BACK FROM IT?
The Highwind Goods Store    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:13 am   Reply with quote

Geno, just go for one of the cheaest Macs you can find, for now, if you can. (Not a MacBook Air, they suck)

Manpersonguything wrote:
You know what geno?
Screw you.

Guess what?

So yeah.
That's just more reason for him to bitch. I don't think any of us are getting what you're trying to do, here.

And if you're trying to complain, you're doing a shitty job of it. Saying that you family buys eachother laptops, willie-nillie, even though your dad lost his job isn't something to complain about. The only thing I can think of complaining for that is that your dad lost his job and you guys might go broke, but I don't see that anywhere in the post.

———————————>awesome———————————>awesome
Milton Games    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger