digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Four Warriors of Light

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:14 pm   Reply with quote

http://thenintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ff.jpg

A new Final Fantasy spin-off from Square-Enix.

*crag* are those visuals ugly. Why does Square-Enix insist on going with a clunky 3D style on the DS instead of stylized 2D with smooth animations? Sense does not make.

Also, c'mon, Japan; you've made enough RPGs for the DS. Make some RPGs for the big boy consoles for a change.

Also, the game's about a 14-year-old boy saving a princess or some shit like that. Talk about a turn-off scenario.
The Highwind Goods Store    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:31 pm   Reply with quote

Those are some of the ugliest DS graphics I've ever seen. 3D tends not to work well on the system, but there's no excuse for THAT. And why is everyone pale as ghosts? ФֻФ
asdf    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:39 pm   Reply with quote

The Unstoppable Higgs wrote:
3D tends not to work well on the system
Since when? I have games with rather impressive graphics.

Anyway, this game is going for a cartoony, surreal look, judging by some of the screenshots. I'd wait until there are actual videos of the game before I judge its visual presentation.
Geno's Tree    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 pm   Reply with quote

The Unstoppable Higgs wrote:
Those are some of the ugliest DS graphics I've ever seen. 3D tends not to work well on the system, but there's no excuse for THAT. And why is everyone pale as ghosts? ФֻФ
It's the land of ghosts.
bobzearth42's Shop    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:52 pm   Reply with quote

Seems like a throwback to the RPG days of old, back before we got these crappy convoluted storylines. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:57 pm   Reply with quote

? Block wrote:
Seems like a throwback to the RPG days of old, back before we got these crappy convoluted storylines.

A throwback to the RPG days of old where storylines were extremely simple or nonexistant? I don't know about you, but I don't want to play another "bunch of kids save princess" or other type of cliche-heavy game, even if it's trying to be "old school." Unless, of course, the gameplay and content of the game is deep enough to warrant buying it (One of the points behind playing an RPG is experiencing a good plot, though); unfortunately, these screenshots don't suggest that.

Oh well; better to wait and see some videos before we pass final judgement, I guess.

Also, interesting tidbit of information; apparently, there isn't going to be "MP" in the traditional sense, but a "charge system."
The Highwind Goods Store    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:24 pm   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
? Block wrote:
Seems like a throwback to the RPG days of old, back before we got these crappy convoluted storylines.

A throwback to the RPG days of old where storylines were extremely simple or nonexistant? I don't know about you, but I don't want to play another "bunch of kids save princess" or other type of cliche-heavy game, even if it's trying to be "old school." Unless, of course, the gameplay and content of the game is deep enough to warrant buying it (One of the points behind playing an RPG is experiencing a good plot, though); unfortunately, these screenshots don't suggest that.

Oh well; better to wait and see some videos before we pass final judgement, I guess.

Also, interesting tidbit of information; apparently, there isn't going to be "MP" in the traditional sense, but a "charge system."

Say what you will, but for me, the original Final Fantasy is way better than anything past IX.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:00 pm   Reply with quote

ALTHOUGH THE IN-GAME GRAPHICS ARE BAD, THEY ARE NOT COMPLETELY HORRIBLE, IN MY OPINION.
Gemstone Goods    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:19 am   Reply with quote

? Block wrote:
the original Final Fantasy is way better than anything past IX.

I agree with this this post.

The NES games were better than any shit SE pulls out their ass these days to get a pretty penny.
Pipe Land Goods    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm   Reply with quote

Huh. I shall be interested in this~

I still loathe those chibi graphics like burning, though~
Buzzy Mart    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm   Reply with quote

I took a second look at the graphics and visuals, and I actually like them, to be completely honest.

Sure, they're not the best on the system at all, but they're definitely interesting enough to keep me wanting to see more.
Geno's Tree    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews