digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

What's your favorite Zelda Game so far.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:46 am   Reply with quote

Manjew wrote:
Majora's Mask is by far my favorite Zelda game.

Its story was different from the usual Zelda and Ganon thingy. I like MM and Link's Awakening a lot because of their unexpected stories.

Even though there's only four dungeon in the game, the four areas they each are in are large, thematic, and have their own stories to share. You couldn't just go directly to any dungeon: You had to complete some events in an area before having access. This sequence allows you to get one important item, which is always the first checkpoint.

You get access to a dungeon once you get the area's Song. It's the second checkpoint, and the last before the area's temple. The first areas does a good job at introducing the song to you in a more linear nature, which allows the other areas to be less and less linear.

And then there are these huge, complex temples. Well, the first and second ones are pretty straightforward, but at the third one it starts to be more than just getting to the Boss door. In fact, Stone Tower temple is the only temple I can't remember everything about it in the whole Zelda series.

And that's just the four temples. The side-quests are numerous enough to count as at least one third of the whole game.

But you know what I really like about Majora's Mask? It's got a certain level of deepness with its characters, and how they live their last three days before their seemingly unavoidable doom. With its 3-day cycle system (which is much more a way to organize every NPC's schedule for side-quests than a time limit), the designers even allowed for moments that could make you, the player, feel like a total jerk, as you could (and HAVE to) go back to the first day, and make everything like they never happened. And stuff. I think I made this whole post unreadable enough, so I'll leave it at that.
...The only problem is that the dungeons are os painful, let alone their music...

...The first and second dungeons ahave absolutely terrible music, though I can't recall the other two...

...The pre-dungeon prep is infinitely more fun than the actual dungeons...

...and some mini-games/side quests are badly designed...
...Such as chasing the giant Ikana soldier...
...You almost physically NEED the bunny hood and Gilded sword to finish that, MM of all Zelda games, really needed another year in production...
~White Shy Guy

The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:26 am   Reply with quote

I'm just throwing out that any Game Boy/GBA Zelda game beats out the console ones.
Geno's Tree    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 am   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
I'm just throwing out that any Game Boy/GBA Zelda game beats out the console ones.
I almost agree.

Except for Minish Cap. I didn't think it was so great.

Four Swords, however... Holy crap. That shit, was the best multiplayer experience I ever had in a video game. It's really a shame that it wasn't easily accessible. In fact, right now, I bet it's almost downright impossible to play it.
Wario Land Shop!    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:31 am   Reply with quote

Manjew wrote:
Geno wrote:
I almost agree.

Except for Minish Cap. I didn't think it was so great.

Four Swords, however... Holy crap. That shit, was the best multiplayer experience I ever had in a video game. It's really a shame that it wasn't easily accessible. In fact, right now, I bet it's almost downright impossible to play it.
Minish cap was probably the worst out of the Game Boy Zeldas, but by no means was it bad.
Geno's Tree    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 am   Reply with quote

Naw, don't get me wrong. Minish Cap was very good, but not quite as great as LA, OOA and OOS.
Wario Land Shop!    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm   Reply with quote

Manjew wrote:
Naw, don't get me wrong. Minish Cap was very good, but not quite as great as LA, OOA and OOS.
Oh, yeah, nowhere near as epic as those. The order for GB games is as follows:

1. Link's Awakening (and DX)
2. Oracle of Ages
3. Oracle of Seasons
4. Four Swords
5. Minish Cap

A Link to the Past isn't in there just due to the fact that it's a port, more or less. Still can't figure out why Link had pink hair, though.

Ages seemed better than Seasons overall, plus it had Ralph in it.
Geno's Tree    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:37 pm   Reply with quote

Anti-Guy wrote:
Manjew wrote:
Majora's Mask is by far my favorite Zelda game.

Its story was different from the usual Zelda and Ganon thingy. I like MM and Link's Awakening a lot because of their unexpected stories.

Even though there's only four dungeon in the game, the four areas they each are in are large, thematic, and have their own stories to share. You couldn't just go directly to any dungeon: You had to complete some events in an area before having access. This sequence allows you to get one important item, which is always the first checkpoint.

You get access to a dungeon once you get the area's Song. It's the second checkpoint, and the last before the area's temple. The first areas does a good job at introducing the song to you in a more linear nature, which allows the other areas to be less and less linear.

And then there are these huge, complex temples. Well, the first and second ones are pretty straightforward, but at the third one it starts to be more than just getting to the Boss door. In fact, Stone Tower temple is the only temple I can't remember everything about it in the whole Zelda series.

And that's just the four temples. The side-quests are numerous enough to count as at least one third of the whole game.

But you know what I really like about Majora's Mask? It's got a certain level of deepness with its characters, and how they live their last three days before their seemingly unavoidable doom. With its 3-day cycle system (which is much more a way to organize every NPC's schedule for side-quests than a time limit), the designers even allowed for moments that could make you, the player, feel like a total jerk, as you could (and HAVE to) go back to the first day, and make everything like they never happened. And stuff. I think I made this whole post unreadable enough, so I'll leave it at that.
...The only problem is that the dungeons are os painful, let alone their music...

...The first and second dungeons ahave absolutely terrible music, though I can't recall the other two...

...The pre-dungeon prep is infinitely more fun than the actual dungeons...

...and some mini-games/side quests are badly designed...
...Such as chasing the giant Ikana soldier...
...You almost physically NEED the bunny hood and Gilded sword to finish that, MM of all Zelda games, really needed another year in production...
~White Shy Guy

Uh no

not at all
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
lightening
Anti-Guy
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:44 pm   Reply with quote

Flavio wrote:

Uh no

not at all
...Regarding the dungeons or the Ikana Soldier...
...IF you look at the game PURELY subjectively, I suppose that you could call the dungeons good, but STILL, there is simply no flair to them...
~White Shy Guy

bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:58 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
Ages seemed better than Seasons overall, plus it had Ralph in it.[/color]
I kinda liked Seasons better than Ages.
bobzearth42's Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:16 pm   Reply with quote

Yukari wrote:
Geno wrote:
Ages seemed better than Seasons overall, plus it had Ralph in it.[/color]
I kinda liked Seasons better than Ages.
RALPH.

Geno's Tree    
BANJO KA-FREAKING-ZOOIE
top minion tails
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:24 pm   Reply with quote

loved ages. Never beat it, still have it. quite the challenge. but it's got awesome characters.
Megatropolis    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:37 pm   Reply with quote

top minion tails wrote:
loved ages. Never beat it, still have it. quite the challenge. but it's got awesome characters.
Like Ralph.
Geno's Tree    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:03 pm   Reply with quote

Out of all the ones I've played I liked Majora's Mask the most. It's harder to play than Ocarina of Time and you really have to plan routes out per play through if you wanna accomplish more before you have to play SOT.

If I had Oracle of Ages I'd be all over that shit though.
Some store that sells shit    
HoolyRocket
Hooly
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:39 am   Reply with quote

TP, OOT, or WW.
HoolyRocket's Crazy Bullcrap    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:13 pm   Reply with quote

Wind waker. I loved all the islands and exploring and shit.
TWEWY Pins    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming