digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Went to New York Today
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:25 pm   Reply with quote

I went with my Mom and my brother for the day.

As we began to make our way towards Time Square, we happened to come across a Gamestop. My brother jokingly suggested we take a look inside so we did just to see if it was any different than the ones at home. To our surprise, it was. The store was pretty much separated into two floors (ground and basement), the upper level having Nintendo and Sony games while the basement carried X-Box and 360 merchandise. I forget whether the PC stuff was on the ground floor or not, but my brother and I were impressed by the surprisingly high amount of demos on display. I got Dissidia there, as we going to go to the Nintendo Store later and they would obviously not carry anything for systems not by them.

Upon reaching Time Square, we saw the Naked Cowboy (whom I observed to be not naked as he was wearing underwear, boots, and a hat and carrying around a guitar). I wound up getting my picture taken with him. He suddenly hoisted me up and held me in his arms for the photo. The man said that he was "not gonna drop tha' babeh". I was already blushing at the fact that he was holding me like that. I corrected him on the "baby" bit by telling him my age. You want to know what he said? "Honey, I'm thirty-eight. I can call ya' babeh all I want," the Naked Cowboy said in a flirtatious manner. ... Yeah.

Well, when we finally reached the Nintendo Store, I immediately began to check around the DS section. There was not much to see in that part unless if you were really into Pokemon TCG. There were demos of new DS games and a bunch of displays of first-party DS games. The second floor was much better. There were a lot of Wii Resort demos, a wall lined with Wii games, a bunch of Mario dolls (game, not character though there were some Mario dolls) and those red things with white spots that eat your Pikmin whose name escapes me, T-Shirts, some random guides and a sort of "History of Nintendo Systems" display that had, among the portables and the Fanticom/NES (and ROB), a Gameboy that survived a war. I got to fight some other people in Pokemon Battle Revolution. I lost, but that was because the people I faced had been breeding monster-Mons. And this one person had a party of Legendaries (her Groudon, for example, had a set of very powerful Fire, Water, Lightening, and Ground moves)!

After we had lunch, we came across yet another Gamestop, this time within the Rockerfeller Center. A quick look revealed Fallout 3: Limited Edition for the 360, but sadly I did not have enough to get it. I had to settle for a Limited Edition of Spectrobes.

A lot of walking later, we arrived at the Saint Peter's Cathedral. It impressive on the outside and gorgeous within. As we walked along the walls, Mom whispered the names of the Saints who were displayed in sculptures and paintings. The whole of the interior was awe-inspiring. The Stained Glass, the architecture, everything.

The last place we went to before heading home was F-A-O-Schwarz. Sadly, the large clock they had inside was gone. I got to dance on the giant piano-keyboard and rummaged through the LEGOs, but it just wasn't as interesting as the first/last time I went to that store.

Overall, the trip was fun, I got to see more than what I mentioned, but I figured you wouldn't care to read every step of the journey.
Dark Land Supply Store    
The Feral Nuclear Reactor
HawkofRawk

HP: 14 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 am   Reply with quote

Yeah well...I found a dollar on the ground! How do you feel about that?

jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:02 pm   Reply with quote

ffffffffffffffff lucky

i didn't know there was a such thing as a nintendo store...
Baby Shop    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:05 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
wtf

you live under a rock.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:40 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
wtf

you live under a sock.
Milton Games    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 pm   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:
Small Sammer Guy wrote:
wtf

you live under a rock.

thats because where i live is shit. nothing is here.

Quote:
wtf

you live under a sock.

shut up fat tuper. you fail olololol
Baby Shop    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 pm   Reply with quote

Sweet. I'm going to New York this Christmas.

Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:22 am   Reply with quote

HawkofRawk: Well, I found seven bucks in between a book's pages.

Small Sammer Guy: It used to be a Pokemon Center.

darkzero and Fat Tuper: Lay off of him. I didn't know that the Pokemon Center had changed until recently. From what I can tell of what used to be there, the Center was much better.

Small Sammer Guy: Bummer.

carfilledwithfish: The Disney Store and Nintendo Store are lacking in things of interest but still worth a look.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:44 am   Reply with quote

I went to Silver Dollar City. Beat that.
Actions
x
Hell    
HawkofRawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:21 am   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:

D:
Actions
Fell into [link]

HawkofRawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:23 am   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:

D:

oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 am   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:

D:
Tamriellic Titles    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:06 am   Reply with quote

Tails Doll: I've been to the Grand Canyon, the Valley of Fire, the Hoover Dam, and Dinosaur National Monument all in one cross-country trip.

HawkofRawk and Maiq: ... What?
Dark Land Supply Store    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:03 pm   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:
Tails Doll: I've been to the Grand Canyon, the Valley of Fire, the Hoover Dam, and Dinosaur National Monument all in one cross-country trip.

HawkofRawk and Maiq: ... What?

I was only following a Digibutter tradition. Smile
Tamriellic Titles    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:08 pm   Reply with quote

I've also gone to Chihuahua, in Mexico. Have you crossed the border?
Hell    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger