digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Well there goes my game saves :|

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
megasicko
megasico

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 pm   Reply with quote

Well, after showing my dad the wonders of watching movies on the internet, he tels me to install a copy of Vista Ultimate on our PS3 so we can watch intheatre movies on our 52 inch. So after looking though the setings on the PS3 I see this little button called
"Install Other OS"
Then I go "YESSSSSSSSSS." I had also planned to install Steam and TF2 on it so I wouldn't be playing at my standard of 5-15 FPS. Then I find out I have to go formating my Hard Drive. And so I did. Bad move.
I completely forgot to back up all my game data! Which means it's all gone .-.
So after formating it. I insert the Vista install disc and select Install Other OS. And then...

No Applicable Installer Found.
Then I was all FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU.
Then I decided to go Googleing. And ya know what I discover? YOU CAN'T INSTALL A WINDOWS OS WITHOUT EMULATING IT THOUGH A LINUX OS!!! Then I was all FFFFFUUUUUUUU x3. Then I find a site that would have done what my dad wanted the PS3 to do in the first place .-.

And before anyone says I could have used the PS3 browser, the site I first found wouldn't work with the PS3. But this second site did.

So now I lost all my game saves ;_; There goes my Kingdom Heart and Final Fantasy saves. My LBP and Mirrors Edge. My *insert other PS2 game here* saves. Sad

Moral: Make sure to back up your files. And Google before doing something[/i]

Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 pm   Reply with quote

Shadoo's Badge Shop    
the coolest dude ever
Super Super-Dimento

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm   Reply with quote

Memory = blown. (please dun keel meh) |ʘ~ʘ ;O
The Magic Market!    
megasicko
megasico

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:49 pm   Reply with quote

Shadoo™ wrote:
[image]

;_;

Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:51 pm   Reply with quote

megasico wrote:
Shadoo™ wrote:

;_;

Shadoo™ wrote:
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
Oh fuck.
Flar3 Luigi
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:15 pm   Reply with quote

That sucks. I always mess up in save files. Even in video games. If it makes you feel any better, I accidently deleted my Disgaea Save file and lost over 3000 hours of gameplay. ):
Flar3's antiques of Ph1r3.    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:01 pm   Reply with quote

Flar3 Luigi wrote:
3000 hours of gameplay. ):
That.

Is a ridiculous amount of time for one game.

The highest amount of time any of my games say is 300 hours, 250-285 of those hours are from leaving it on for a few days because I was going to play it the next day but forgot.
bobzearth42's Shop    
The Feral Nuclear Reactor
HawkofRawk

HP: 14 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:12 pm   Reply with quote

The longest i've played a game is 300 hours. And I've had Pearl since February.

Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 pm   Reply with quote

Yukari wrote:
Flar3 Luigi wrote:
That.

The highest amount of time any of my games say is 300 hours, 250-285 of those hours are from leaving it on for a few days because I was going to play it the next day but forgot.
This is Disgaea 3 we're talkin' 'bout.

When you have a game that's basically one big grindfest (and this involves leveling up items, shops, court's, classroom, characters ABILITIES, etc.).
Shop of Stev-0    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:53 pm   Reply with quote

Well, that sucks, hardcore. :\

But you'll gain everything back, at least. But still, must be a pain to watch all of that go.
Ornaments    
bobz
bobzearth42

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:46 pm   Reply with quote

Chaos-Stev-0 wrote:
Yukari wrote:
Flar3 Luigi wrote:
That.

This is Disgaea 3 we're talkin' 'bout.

When you have a game that's basically one big grindfest (and this involves leveling up items, shops, court's, classroom, characters ABILITIES, etc.).
I spent not even 100 hours on it(Although it says over 100 due to leaving it on), and I got one character to level 400 something. All you need is one high level character.

Disgaea may have a level 9999 cap, but you beat the main story after level 80 or so and the only things you can do are the few side quests and replay the main story a bajilion times. Sure, Disgaea 3 has downloadable content, but it only adds a few more missions you can beat in a few moments.

Just because Disgaea has a very large level limit doesn't mean you have to spend 3000 hours on it. If you do, ur doin eet rong.
bobzearth42's Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger