digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Off to college tomorrow...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:43 pm   Reply with quote

I'm leaving for college tomorrow morning. Driving up to the town, buying my books, hopefully...

Saturday I move into my semi-suite, meet my roommate in-person for the first time, and get everything unpacked.

Monday (or Tuesday... maybe... I dunno) I start classes.

My schedule is pretty easy for this semester (in no time/day order):

Art History
Art Common Hour (it's like, a free time for art students, no credits though)
Four Dimentional Design
Color
Drawing 1
Writing
Social Problems

...I wanna know what Four Dimensional Design is... Apparently time is incorporated into it. Perhaps we throw clocks at our art?
Geno's Tree    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:00 am   Reply with quote

time is the 4th dimension.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:07 am   Reply with quote

No. Time, rotation, sound, etc are not the fourth dimension. The fourth dimension is kinda hard to explain, so here's a picture.

Things like this are probably what you're going to be designing.
Milton Games    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:14 am   Reply with quote

Wow, I wish I had classes like that when I started college. Sounds like fun.
I almost went to art school, but chose to go down the computing path instead.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:21 am   Reply with quote

Fat Tuber wrote:
No. Time, rotation, sound, etc are not the fourth dimension. The fourth dimension is kinda hard to explain, so here's a picture.

H.G. Wells says time is the fourth dimension, and Flavio would say he knows a liitle bit more about science than you.

But yeah, actually. Time basically is the fourth dimension. Space time really but blah blah balh
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:08 am   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Wow, I wish I had classes like that when I started college. Sounds like fun.
I almost went to art school, but chose to go down the computing path instead.
Now I wanna see your marvelous artwork. >:U

And to any about the 4th dimension thing... Yeah, I know it's "supposedly" time, hence why I made the joke about throwing clocks at my work.

As for the DESIGN part... Now I'm scared based on that picture above.
Geno's Tree    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 am   Reply with quote

Flavio wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:

H.G. Wells says time is the fourth dimension, and Flavio would say he knows a liitle bit more about science than you.

But yeah, actually. Time basically is the fourth dimension. Space time really but blah blah balh

Time is often called the 4th dimension in science-fiction, but in modern science, it is a completely different concept.

Also, how many credit hours are you taking?

Funny thing, about what Francis said; I almost went to Savannah College of Art and Design (Because of their game development program, which focused on the art of games), but because of how damn expensive it was, I decided to go to a public school and study Computer Science (With a focus on game development) instead.

Last edited by Lord Krump on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:44 am; edited 2 times in total
The Highwind Goods Store    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:41 am   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
Flavio wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:

Time is often called the 4th dimension in science-fiction, but in modern science, it is a completely different concept.

Credit... hours...? All I know is that I have classes that give credits.
Geno's Tree    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 am   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
Cid wrote:
Flavio wrote:
Fat Tuber wrote:

Credit... hours...? All I know is that I have classes that give credits.

Check your official schedule/transcript, and look for some numbers next to the course names (As in "2.00" or "3.00").
The Highwind Goods Store    
Cudge123
Cherrim

HP: 50 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:16 am   Reply with quote

The fourth dimension is time and is represented by a tesseract aka a "cubed" cube
Relationships    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:22 am   Reply with quote

good luck, Geno.

I think almost everyone here will try to get into some sort of an art college, or study video game development.
Baby Shop    
Cid
Lord Krump

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:26 am   Reply with quote

Cherrim wrote:
The fourth dimension is time and is represented by a tesseract aka a "cubed" cube

The "temporal" fourth dimension and the "spatial" fourth dimension (The tesseract) are different concepts.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:16 am   Reply with quote

Good luck, Geno. Especially with 4D Design. I had a bad enough time with 3D, God only knows how bad 4D will be...

Art History is easy. Art Common sounds like fun. Color (Color Design?) could be easy or fun depending on what it is. Drawing 1 is easy (but tedious) but the other Drawing classes are really annoying, boring, and irritating (guess who doesn't like drawing still-life). Writing, if it's Creative, will probably be fun but it it is Essays or something here's a big tip: never miss an assignment because if you miss one there's a strong chance that the next one builds up on it and it could get to be that you screwed up the class. ... What the heck is "Social Problems"? o_.
Dark Land Supply Store    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:37 am   Reply with quote

Cid wrote:
Check your official schedule/transcript, and look for some numbers next to the course names (As in "2.00" or "3.00").
Ah, in that case...

3.000 (art history)
0.000 (art common hour, no credits)
1.500 (4D design)
1.500 (color)
3.000 (drawing 1)
3.000 (writing)
3.000 (social problems)

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
good luck, Geno.

I think almost everyone here will try to get into some sort of an art college, or study video game development.
Well, it's not an art school, it just has a kickass art department. I'm gonna eventually shift out of traditional art and do the computer animation stuff for my major. I wish I could hop right into my major more than do these other classes, because when it comes to drawing things in proportion, or realistically, I can't do it. My mind doesn't think that way, which is scaring me greatly, because they're going to want realistic art out of me... And you all know how I draw. >_>

Medikoopa wrote:
What the heck is "Social Problems"? o_.
Uhm, it's my sociology class. I was hoping for something more... entertaining, haha.
Geno's Tree    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:18 am   Reply with quote

My sociology class was dull as Hell. I hope yours is more interesting.
Dark Land Supply Store    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger