digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Purge.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

I know you love your precious members, Francis, but... be honest with yourself here... there are members taking up names that haven't posted in months!

If someone has below 100 posts and hasn't posted in a month, their account should be as good as gone...
rawrshop    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:25 pm   Reply with quote

Why.. because someone has a name you want?
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:43 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Why.. because someone has a name you want?

If I wanted a specific name I could add brackets and a period or something psycho like that.

but new members will be dissapointed if they wanna join as Luigi or Mario and that olllllllllllllld member that hasn't posted for over 9000 years has the name...
rawrshop    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:57 pm   Reply with quote

What about this... they have to post at least once every three months or they kiss their account goodbye?
Shop #42    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:01 am   Reply with quote

Marker Magikoopa wrote:
What about this... they have to post at least once every three months or they kiss their account goodbye?

Not a bad idea, magikoopa. AGREE'D.
NON BANNER    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:32 am   Reply with quote

I agree, there are too many unused accounts. I have a detailed idea what to do with those in my very long prediction article here: (Aorry, Francis, you'll have to look for the chart with is titled "Accounts", ah, to hell with it, I'll repost it here:

That nerdy german kid wrote:

As for a step to clean up Digibutter:
I’d like to suggest that any account being unused for more then two months should be considered to be deleted except if the user posts or mails Francis a valid excuse for being inactive for longer than that space. They will receive an email notification about the imminate deleting, which they can respond to, to approve or object to this action. No reply in a fourteen day timeframe is considered as an acceptance for deletion. (All coins and possession of that account will be equally distributed; items will be randomly given to an user.)
That would show us how high our numbers really are. I think that make thing much clearer and easier. In my opinion the current number of accounts divides as follows:
(NOTE :This time, instead of calculating the numbers, I actually made myself a list with the members I found most active, however, due to an internet connection timeout [Damn three hour limit – D : <] I had to guess the numbers of inactive accounts and took a wild guess, leading to a clean 100 unused accounts.)

So, if these would be cleaned out not only would digibutter run more smoothly, but also we’d know whether we should recruit, stop scaring people away, or block getting new members.

Oh, and by the way, later when I had internet again i visited the member list and carefully counted the inactive account. it were about four hundred and twenty five, defining inactive as less than 100 posts and joined at least a month ago.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:35 am   Reply with quote

Yeah, it discourages members from joining as King Croacus or Hammer Bro or Mr.L or Mimi or something.
Ultimario Mart!    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:53 pm   Reply with quote

I just cleaned up the member list.. you'll notice it went down almost 100 members. Anyone who hasnt visited in a few months and only made a few posts are now permanently gameover with no continues.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:55 pm   Reply with quote

Da Game Super Paper Mario wrote:
Yeah, it discourages members from joining as King Croacus or Hammer Bro or Mr.L or Mimi or something.

Why would anyone want to be King Croacus?
Shrowser's Shop    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote

I've been bumped up to the sixth member.

:3
The Little Shop of Hario    
Player 2
Gear

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:58 pm   Reply with quote

I've been bumped to the 194th member.

:3
Koopa Kruiser Supply Shop    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:06 pm   Reply with quote

I'M THE 166TH MEMBER NOW!!!
Ultimario Mart!    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback