digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Ignore option
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:17 pm   Reply with quote

If I had an option to ignore those who cause pain to me, I would be much happier. Francis, mind trying to implement this?

Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:21 pm   Reply with quote

I changed my mind... i think blocking PMs is the only blocking that would really work.

Last edited by Francis on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:21 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
yeah, this is on my list of things to do. I think a lot of people could benefit from this. Would you want the messages to be totally invisible or "click to show"

Click to show
Ornaments    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 pm   Reply with quote

Orangesoda wrote:
Francis wrote:
yeah, this is on my list of things to do. I think a lot of people could benefit from this. Would you want the messages to be totally invisible or "click to show"

Click to show

Seconded. You'd definitely want to know if they are still posting stuff. If you are really curious, then just click, and POP GOES THE MESSAGE.

Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:26 pm   Reply with quote

Well... I do like the idea, as long as nobody goes around parading that they're ignoring somebody. For example:

"For your information, Mr. X, what you say does not matter, because I'm ignoring you."

Or topic:

"Now Ignoring Mr. X! Smile "

Public announcement that you're ignoring someone isn't much nicer than what you're trying to avoid. Razz

That aside, I support this, though I wouldn't be using it myself (it would take away from my ability to Moderate >_>). So hooray, I think... Surprised
Dimension D    
*Facescreen*
Vbzobs

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:27 pm   Reply with quote

Orangesoda wrote:
Francis wrote:

Click to show

Very good idea.
vBay    
King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:30 pm   Reply with quote

NO YOU MORONS!!! If anything, the "Ignore" option would KILL Digibutter and everything on it!

Look, if someone had the ignore option, and ignored a person he or she disliked, they'd never see that person again. Good, right? WRONG.

If they continue to never speak to each other, they will have nobody to complain about... No worries... Nothin'. This might seem good to you, but it AIN'T.

They'll get bored and have little to do, and when they un-ignore that person, they'll have trouble yelling at each other since that's what they want!

A world with no problems is a world of PAIN!!!
Bowser'z!    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:32 pm   Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to stick with LB.
Hell    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

Lord Bowser wrote:
NO YOU MORONS!!! If anything, the "Ignore" option would KILL Digibutter and everything on it!

Look, if someone had the ignore option, and ignored a person he or she disliked, they'd never see that person again. Good, right? WRONG.

If they continue to never speak to each other, they will have nobody to complain about... No worries... Nothin'. This might seem good to you, but it AIN'T.

They'll get bored and have little to do, and when they un-ignore that person, they'll have trouble yelling at each other since that's what they want!

I love you more and more every post.

Lord Bowser, will you marry me?
rawrshop    
Blue Eyes wins.
Captain Blue

Lord Bowser wrote:

But isn't pain something you like?

Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

Unfortunately, there isn't many other options. If one person gets jailed, the other sits there laughing. "Giving them a chance to talk" only makes things worse most of the time. If both parties get jailed, all hell will break loose.
Fiberglass World    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:33 pm   Reply with quote

anyway

Ignore Option wouldn't work very well.

Out of curiosity, the person would likely reveal all the posts of the person they're ignoring.

And we can't very well be a community if we have peoeple who's posts aren't being read at all.

Plus I'd have about 50 people ignoring me, 'cause everyone hates me.

and finally...

if you want to "ignore" someone, then IGNORE them, okay? don't read their post... it's that simple.
rawrshop    
*Facescreen*
Vbzobs

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:35 pm   Reply with quote

~Princess Daisy~ wrote:
anyway

Ignore Option wouldn't work very well.

Out of curiosity, the person would likely reveal all the posts of the person they're ignoring.

And we can't very well be a community if we have peoeple who's posts aren't being read at all.

Plus I'd have about 50 people ignoring me, 'cause everyone hates me.

and finally...

if you want to "ignore" someone, then IGNORE them, okay? don't read their post... it's that simple.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant... Razz
vBay    
King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:36 pm   Reply with quote

Plastic Mario wrote:
Unfortunately, there isn't many other options. If one person gets jailed, the other sits there laughing. "Giving them a chance to talk" only makes things worse most of the time. If both parties get jailed, all hell will break loose.

If both get jailed, they'll continue to post on the site and argue with each other, like the funny cartoons with those two people who hate each other.

If only one gets jailed, the other laughs and the forum gets boring, since there is noone to see fight, and we won't have the suspense of waiting for both to get out of jail and fight some more for the ultimate winner.
Bowser'z!    
ERECTIN' A DICK
Miku Hatsune
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:38 pm   Reply with quote

Lord Bowser wrote:
Plastic Mario wrote:

If both get jailed, they'll continue to post on the site and argue with each other, like the funny cartoons with those two people who hate each other.

If only one gets jailed, the other laughs and the forum gets boring, since there is noone to see fight, and we won't have the suspense of waiting for both to get out of jail and fight some more for the ultimate winner.
Yes, even if there jailed they can still post in the Jail so that doesn't solve anything. Or there could be 2 jails?
Anime and Image Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback