digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I have a friend who needs help. (seriousness only please)
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:24 pm   Reply with quote

My friend is in serious trouble. His mother has just divorced. His ex-stepdad is a jerk who is trying to do all he can into making life miserble for his family (even violating the restraining order). His mother is jobless and was turned down from a job recently because she "didn't have enough experience". He is about to become homeless. The courts are acting too slow and costing his mother too much. And worst of all, my words of encouragement about there still being hope (even the corny stuff about hims still having friends) has stopped working on him.

He has suggested that I just forget I ever knew him...

He has contemplated killing his ex-stepdad (which I have advised him against). I don't know if he'll try going so far as to try murder. I have simply run out of words to bring hope to him with. If I'm going to bring hope to him, I'm probably going to have to do it through actions.

So... What do you guys think I could try doing?
Shop #42    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:29 pm   Reply with quote

Wow. thats sad. well, his dad is going homeless? and his mother doesnt have a job. so he is left to become homeless as well?

Tell him this:
If you kill your father over vengeance, that will not achieve you anything. if you kill your father you wont be homeless but you will be arrested and get the death penalty, which is alot worst. just live your life, and God will do something for you, if you believe in him Wink
Koop    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:37 pm   Reply with quote

Contemplating murder? Oh God, this is serious. I wish I knew what I could do to help. The best advice I can give is to just keep telling him everything will be alright and God will look out for him and his family. That's the best I can say.

Sorry man Sad
Piccolo's Goods    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:38 pm   Reply with quote

Larry Koopa wrote:
Wow. thats sad. well, his dad is going homeless? and his mother doesnt have a job. so he is left to become homeless as well?

Tell him this:
If you kill your father over vengeance, that will not achieve you anything. if you kill your father you wont be homeless but you will be arrested and get the death penalty, which is alot worst. just live your life, and God will do something for you, if you believe in him Wink

His dad isn't going homeless. He's taken his home and claims the house to be 100% his despite what the documents/restraining orders/court orders say. He even changes the locks and puts those locks to use whenever my friend's mother comes to get any of her stuff (she has to notify him before she can go and try to get some of her stuff back).

If his ex-stepdad is killed, it would mean that no one would be able to keep the house away from his mother. His mother would be able to have a home again.
Shop #42    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

Emanstipation(sp?).

Jesus, there's so many tales of abuse and crap on the internet. There was this guy in my MMO guild who sounds very much like your friend.
The Shop on a Hill    
yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

Call the police. They have documents and stuff so the stepdad is trespassing.
GashBell's Shop    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:51 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:
Larry Koopa wrote:

Tell him this:

His dad isn't going homeless. He's taken his home and claims the house to be 100% his despite what the documents/restraining orders/court orders say. He even changes the locks and puts those locks to use whenever my friend's mother comes to get any of her stuff (she has to notify him before she can go and try to get some of her stuff back).

If his ex-stepdad is killed, it would mean that no one would be able to keep the house away from his mother. His mother would be able to have a home again.

in that case, have murder as his last resort, tell him to call the police. and like i said before, have him trust in God if he doesnt, and for him to protect him..
Koop    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:58 pm   Reply with quote

I remember reading something about a website where a person can collect donations for whatever cause they want to. I never thought that I would have a need for it and forgot about it. Do any of you know anything about that kind of thing? I figure that if I can at least make sure that he keeps a roof over his head, he might regain some hope.

He currently believes that no force is on his side. He believes that fate is against him, that God is against him, that karma is against him, that he can't avoid experiencing Hell.
Shop #42    
yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

Just call the police.
GashBell's Shop    
RAPEFACE BUTLER MODE
Kii

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:02 pm   Reply with quote

This is really serious. Meep.

Even if his mom would be in a better situation if his ex-stepfather was gone, she would be worse off in the end because your friend would get in serious trouble for murder. It would only hurt his mother more. No mom wants their kid to grow up to be a criminal, and I don't think he wants to live with the record either.

It might hurt him, but you need to let somebody know if he seems to be really serious about trying to kill him.
Out of the Way Convenience Shop    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:38 pm   Reply with quote

I think letting the police know about the situation might be helpful for it... surely the law could do something about what the stepdad's done? Sad
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:48 pm   Reply with quote

Murder? Thats going too far.
I think the only thing to say is that murder won't solve anything. . .sorry I'm not good at advices
Baby Shop    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:43 pm   Reply with quote

Well... how is YOUR monetary situation? Can you donate to him?

If not, go stand outside of K-mart asking for donations. You have to start somewhere... and begging is one place.

Maybe if you, or a family member works at some place that his mom is interested in, you can be references and help her in the early stages of the job.
rawrshop    
King of Koopas
Lord Bowser

HP: 97 MP: 10 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:04 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:
My friend is in serious trouble. His mother has just divorced. His ex-stepdad is a jerk who is trying to do all he can into making life miserble for his family (even violating the restraining order). His mother is jobless and was turned down from a job recently because she "didn't have enough experience". He is about to become homeless. The courts are acting too slow and costing his mother too much. And worst of all, my words of encouragement about there still being hope (even the corny stuff about hims still having friends) has stopped working on him.

He has suggested that I just forget I ever knew him...

He has contemplated killing his ex-stepdad (which I have advised him against). I don't know if he'll try going so far as to try murder. I have simply run out of words to bring hope to him with. If I'm going to bring hope to him, I'm probably going to have to do it through actions.

So... What do you guys think I could try doing?

Let me tell ya this, minion: If he's tryin' to kill the man who is his father, then do ANYTHING to stop him, even threatennin' to snitch on 'em. If he DOESN'T change his mind and you only have a few days left, SNITCH ON HIM!
Bowser'z!    
PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:25 pm   Reply with quote

The police is the way to go. His step-dad can be charged criminally for violating a restraining order.

One more thing; never give up on him. The best friend is a good friend. If you have someone you can trust, really trust, you are never alone in the world.
Console Merchandise    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion