digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Official Digibutter.nerr Code of Conduct

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Jr. Troopa
Admiral Bobbery

HP: 15 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:54 pm   Reply with quote

Digibutter.nerr Code of Conduct

By reading the Official Digibutter CoC you abide by all the rules of the CoC. You must read this first before posting. By making a first post, after becoming a normal member, shows that you agree to the CoC. Breaking them, will result in strikes, jail time or banning.

Article 1, Section 1

I am a nerr who will post properly.

Explanation: First rule to remember, after you have upgraded from a new member to a normal member, you will post in the Introductions, Good Bye’s, and I’m Backs section. You will need to let others know who you are before you may actually get to post.

Article 1, Section 2

I am a nerr who will not necropost by posting in older topics.

Explanation: When you post you will not necropost. In other words, you will not post in topics older than seven days. This will result in others believing that you will not be a great member here.

Article 1, Section 3

I am a nerr who will not spam and know where all the appropriate topics go.

Explanation: Most people, when joining forums, probably know what spamming is already. It is making multiple topics of just one word. Also, spamming includes posting topics in the wrong sections. The section names stand for themselves and it shouldn’t be difficult for someone to post in the correct area. Remember, NOT to spam or you’ll face the consequences.

Article 1, Section 4

I am a nerr who will not flame in anybodies topic and will not try to flame bait. I will also not join in on a flame war.

Explanation: Article 1, Section 4, implies the one should not flame. To “flame” another member is to rudely make fun of another member in a topic. “Flame bait” is when you make another topic attacking a member, and you bait them to flame you back. A flame war involves two groups of people flaming against each other.

Article 1, Section 5

I am a nerr who will not advertise my site or any site on Digibutter.nerr.biz.

Explanation: Don’t advertise your site, forum, etc. on Digibutter. It is completely against the rules and will not be tolerated. You are allowed to have a link in your profile.

Article 2, Section 1

I am a nerr who will make quality posts longer than 10 words.

Explanation: You will remember to make your posts longer than 10 words. For example when you only post "LOL" or "i agree" it is not needed. If a post is funny, say why you thought it was funny not "LOL". If you agree, say why you agree. etc. Else your are is just filling the topic with pointless banter and making it harder to find the posts everyone wants to read.

Article 2, Section 2

I will remember to use an appropriate font and an appropriate size.

Explanation: Do not write in a font that people can not see. This makes others mad as they can’t really see what you wrote. Also don’t make your fonts all the time extra large or extra small, these font sizes should be used occasionally.

Article 2, Section 3

I will remember to not abuse smiles or single characters.

Explanation: Don’t make posts just having a row of smiles or a row of a single character.

Article 2, Section 4

I will use regular English and have proper grammar.

Explanation: Use proper English. If you are not sure how to use proper English, use an English dictionary or look online on how to have proper grammar. People will get angry if you talk without proper grammar.

Article 2, Section 5

I will not post inappropriate images, words or videos.

Explanation: Do not post anything inappropriate on the forum. It will not be tolerated. You should know what this is by now.

Article 3, Section 1

I will not have an oversized signature.

Explanation: The recommended sig size is 233 characters. Do not exceed the limit and do not complain about how small it is. This is the standard size of a sig.

Article 3, Section 2

I will not have an oversized avatar or one that involves anything inappropriate or gives headaches.

Explanation: The maximum size is 100x100. Please don’t use an avatar that is inappropriate or anything that flashes a lot.

Article 4, Section 1

I will not ask to be banned.

Explanation: Don’t ask to be banned, you will have people who really care about you. There is no reason to see what it is like to be banned. It is only horrible. You don’t want to experience it.

Article 4, Section 2

I will not ask to be jailed.

Explanation: If you have done something wrong at the forum, you may be jailed but if have done nothing wrong, don’t ask to be jailed. People will think of you differently and you won’t have access to post inside the regular forums but inside of the jail.

Article 4, Section 3

I will not ask to be killed.

Explanation: Please don’t ask others to kill you. It will get on their nerves, and they may want to save those items for later purposes.

Article 4, Section 4

I will not force a fad.

Explanation: Do not force a fad. People will immediately hate it if you force it and no one will like it. If you just regularly introduce a fad, then people may accept it.

Last edited by Admiral Bobbery on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Troopa's Treats    
Paper Peach

HP: 14 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:59 pm   Reply with quote

XD Awesome job!!! that should be our terms of use or watever that you have to accept when you register XD
Paper Peach's Shop    
Kefka

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:01 pm   Reply with quote

Needs more legalease. And perhaps provisions for those of us who are quite insane and meglamaniacal.
Kefka's Tower O' Doom    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:49 pm   Reply with quote

I you want legalese, just search Amazon.com for a legalese-to-English dictionary.
For the insane people, there should be a section about acting in character, and how the rules are different for being in-character. Example: LB has been known to flame occasionally, and he doesn't get in trouble, because flaming is part of Bowser's character. Otherwise, great code of conduct.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
mario master
great pikachu

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:54 am   Reply with quote

I forgot to read the rules so I accidently flamed someone and didn't use proper grammer on purpose without knowing the rules. Sad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support