digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

A different "usergroup" idea.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:56 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:
Francis should add some kind of group function so we can have item wars in teams.

It's a little idea I had. It would work like this...

You ca have one "Group" in your profile. you can either make one, join one, or quit one. People in the same group support each other. Therefore, we could start an item war with groups.

Anyone think this is interesting or have something to add?
A Bucket of Stuff    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:58 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah! And add some special items that won't allow for friendly fire or use of others from outside the group. I'm not too sure about making groups, though,
Hell    
IS NAO GONE
luigifan360

HP: 10 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:59 pm   Reply with quote

Support'd
luigifan360's LUIGIFAN ST00F!    
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:00 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the problem with Usergroups and why they all died (including this one) is the members lost motivation in what they were doing. GOOD vs. EVIL was too pointless, it was like, "Hey, you're a good guy, he's a bad guy. Go beat the crap out of each other". It was fun at first, but it just died. As for the DDoD, Lord Bowser hasn't been doing much spam lately, so we lose intrest in attacking him, so the usergrup dies down. Also, being able to kill people so easily (80 coins or so), doesn't help. In the past you had to work together to kill somebody, because it took like 200 coins, and few people had that much back then. Nowadays, you just buy some weapons for about 80 coins and kill the guy easily yourself.
Ultimario Mart!    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:02 pm   Reply with quote

That's why I said to have special items.
Hell    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:02 pm   Reply with quote

That's my point. Team up and such.

Maybe there could be group benifits too, like plus 5 HP for every 5 people in your group.
A Bucket of Stuff    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:06 pm   Reply with quote

Support'd! W00t!
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:31 pm   Reply with quote

/support

I never got into uergroups, but this could be fun...
The Domain of Secrets    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:06 pm   Reply with quote

Hm...I'm not so sure. Yes, making your own usergroup is all well and good, but think about it: Digibutter may become oversaturated with them. It worked fine when there were only four groups. Perhaps you can submit group ideas for a limited time to Francis, and if he likes it, it gets approve'd?
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:07 pm   Reply with quote

Virus wrote:
Hm...I'm not so sure. Yes, making your own usergroup is all well and good, but think about it: Digibutter may become oversaturated with them. It worked fine when there were only four groups. Perhaps you can submit group ideas for a limited time to Francis, and if he likes it, it gets approve'd?

I still say my idea is better than generic "Good vs. evil" and "Pirates vs. Ninjas that may or may not exist".
A Bucket of Stuff    
? Block
Fancy Wario

HP: 69 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:09 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:
Virus wrote:

I still say my idea is better than generic "Good vs. evil" and "Pirates vs. Ninjas that may or may not exist".

Yes, but there would need to be some sort of quality control. Again, it would have to be only for a limited time, as well, or Digibutter will become oversaturated with them.
ashdgbdsahvdsajghdasvgsahdvsagsa    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm   Reply with quote

ShadowArticuno wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:
Francis should add some kind of group function so we can have item wars in teams.

You ca have one "Group" in your profile. you can either make one, join one, or quit one. People in the same group support each other. Therefore, we could start an item war with groups.

ya mean like a party?
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Super ShadowArticuno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:15 pm   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:
ShadowArticuno wrote:

ya mean like a party?

Like a small usergroup.
A Bucket of Stuff    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback