digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

[Review] MySims (DS)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:35 pm   Reply with quote

At first when I saw images of MySims, heard about it in magazines, and so on, it looked amazing. It seemed to be just a cuter version of sims, and I expected that much.

Now that I've played it a little while longer, I'm a bit disappointed. Not only do you control only ONE sim, it's rather boring, at least in the beginning.

I haven't gotten very far, but so far, I only get a choice between about 10 different pairs of shirts and pants, 3 different colors of closets, and a few lame mini-games like fishing.

The conversations are on a time limit, and you get only three different options (and it seems as though they're randomly chosen). The reaction is always different, as well. For example, I made a police officer happy by crying at him.

Joy.

I haven't "leveled up" at all to get new stuff, but it's very dull in the beginning. The characters remind me of a combination of Lego and Maple Story, and they don't even do that much talking... they don't even jabber on in the strange sims language we all know and love.

After playing it for about one day and only getting a small taste of the game, I'm not very satisfied... I hope it turns out to be better.

My current scores:

Characters - 6. They're large, squarish, have big heads, and have what seems to be not enough depth (it almost seems like they could be in a paper mario game...)

Gameplay - 2. Walk around and have timed conversations with people, then walk around some more, buy some crap, and sleep for the night. Doesn't seem that interesting to me.

Scenery - 5. It's pretty, but there's not very much of it.

Control - 9. It works for this game.

Customization - 3. At this point, there's very little of that.
rawrshop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:38 pm   Reply with quote

"Dagobah, cheese-and-egg"
Tamriellic Titles    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:16 pm   Reply with quote

The Wii version has MUCH more ROMANCE! THRILLS! EMOTION! and MONEY!
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews