digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Fox Run

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:17 am   Reply with quote

An attempt at a somewhat darker piece than my usual works.

You know you're in trouble when you wake up in an unfamiliar place. What's worse is knowing that you're in deep **** because you're tied up in an unfamiliar place. But waking to find yourself tied and bleeding on an inverted cross that hangs in an empty church? Well, you're just ****ed then.

I've woken up in some strange places in my time, rarely covered in blood, I might add. But I usually had some idea of the events that led me to said location. No recollection about this. I didn't feel hung over though, so that ruled out alcohol...

This place was quiet. Ridiculously quiet. I could hear the sound of my blood landing across the altar, drop by drop.

Plip. Plip. Plip-plip.

Occasionally, there was a fizzle, and judging by the thin plumes of smoke that soon followed, a candle had just been snuffed out from falling blood.

The wires that held me in place were wound tight around my wrists and ankles, and cut deep into my flesh. Still, even as my blood began to pour out from my open wounds, I tugged against them with all my might.

The first strand snapped easily enough. Now I had one hand loose, which I flexed experimentally. The second strand of wire however, did not budge. I strained against the cold metal, and screamed as it dug deeper into my skin. An angry sizzle erupted from below as a gush of blood spilled out from my bound wrist.

Finally, with a grunt of relief, the second cord snapped sharply and sent a hail of bloody droplets flying through the air, staining my face and splattering quietly across the church walls. All that remained now were the bindings around my ankles.

Luckily, they didn't seem to be much of a problem. I could move my legs around slightly. If I was patient, I might be able to just slide out from under the wire and drop to the floor below.

A few aggravating minutes later, and I managed to get both of my legs rather loose. All I had to do was bend my knees, slide right through, and somersault to the ground. No problem. I held my breath as there was a sensation of falling...for a split second. I swore loudly as I dangled precariously above the altar. The toe of my boot was snagged in the wire, and was sliding out at an annoyingly slow speed.

Someone was going to die for this, slowly and painfully. And I was going to enjoy it.

There was a sudden rush, and I knew I was falling for good this time. I twisted my body back as I fell, and when my feet had touched solid ground I knew I was going to be okay. As I rose to my feet, however, I slipped on the bloody floor. Why did it seem like you were only graceful when other people were around?

"*crag* SON OF A *****!!" My voice seemed to echo across the empty hall for what seemed like an eternity. I stood up carefully this time and headed for the altar. Drops of blood continued to trickle off of the wooden cross and slid across my body.

Turns out I was right about the candles. Half right anyways. Several of them had been snuffed out by blood, but at the center of the altar lay an ivory bowl that collected and was almost overflowing with blood. Every little plip was followed by a hiss, and a small cloud of crimson mist would rise and quickly dissipate. I looked at my bloody hands and found the gashes closed and my wounds were fully healed.

What the hell was going on here.

I stood there in silence, and took in my surroundings. Now that I could see this place properly, it was starting to look a bit familiar...

Then I noticed the stained glass window that was erected behind the cross. I moved around the altar slowly. I had only caught a glimpse of the huge pane, but I was hypnotized by it. Maybe a part of myself recognized the image for what it really was before my brain did. But I felt my jaw drop and my eyes widen as I was hit with that moment of realization.

"Holy ****. It's me."

I staggered back and groaned softly. I felt dizzy and sick, like I was about to throw up. Maybe the blood loss was catching up to me? That didn't seem to make much sense though.

Just then, I felt another presence in the room. To confirm my suspicion, I heard a soft growl waver through the hall. I moved to turn around, but as I did so, something heavy slammed into me. The force of the blow sent me crashing through the window in a shower of shimmering crystalline shards.

As I fell amongst the glimmering blades, I caught a flash of silver before crashing into the hard ground. Dazed, I turned my head slowly, and found my arm pierced with numerous shards of glass. Most of them quite large.

I winced as several of the smaller pieces began to seep slowly into my skin. Then I began to scream out in agony as the larger pieces began to slide in, cutting my skin even further across so they could make their way inside of me. I closed my eyes and fought back the tears. My breathing became quick and heavy as the last bits of glass were absorbed all too slowly. After the ordeal, my wounds were once again healed instantly.

I opened my eyes slowly, and was greeted by a cold gray sky. I ran my hand across the soft grass as I looked around me. Everything here was colorless. Everything was cold and grey. As if the whole place was devoid of life.

I sat up quickly as I felt the sensation of being watched. I turned around at the soft rustling behind me. I waited there for something, anything to happen. My heart was pounding louder than I ever thought possible. But nothing came.

Relieved, yet somewhat disappointed, I turned back around, where I was greeted by a growl and the sight of a massive silver fox.

I'll post the rest of this later.....
Dimension D    
Nastasia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:28 pm   Reply with quote

.....nice job on making it dark and stuff? o_o
Nastasia's Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:36 pm   Reply with quote

Thanks... o_o

Well... finishing the piece...

****, this thing was massive. It was almost as large as I was. I scrambled back, startled. It stepped forward in one swift moment, and its fur shimmered brilliantly as it moved. Its tail seemed to flash absent-mindedly as it swept through the air.

The fox's eyes rose and met mine. They were cold, hard and intelligent. They held an aspect of humanity, yet remained wild at the same time. There was no emotion in its eyes, only instinct. This thing didn't just look at you, it read you. In that moment, it bared its teeth, revealing the wicked canines that would soon tear me limb from limb.

"Jesus...."

At my remark, the fox's eyes widened in what seemed like shock, and it began looking to and fro frantically. Finding nothing but an empty meadow, it whirled around, its fur bristling on end like a thousand needles.

Taking advantage of the momentary distraction, I shot up and darted through the field. I wasn't going to make it very far at all... I was running purely on desperation now. My body was giving out on me. My breathing was becoming sharp and ragged, and I felt that in any second, my heart was going to give out entirely.

I couldn't hear the fox pursuing me, but I could feel it. That inexplicable sense of fear - and the cold sweat that was oozing down along my skin. And as the chill in my spine grew colder with each passing second, I knew it was closing in on me.

I had been running for what felt like hours, but I knew it had only been a matter of seconds. I cried out quietly as my legs finally gave out from under me and I fell forward in a thin patch of gray, dingy grass.

"Dammit..." I said weakly. I dug my hands into the hard, dry soil to prop myself up. And as I got to my knees, I felt the silver fox throw itself onto me once more, and I was pinned beneath its great weight.

I struggled against the giant beast frantically, but I couldn't shake it off of me. I continued to struggle as I felt its hot breath flow along my neck. I didn't care, I was going to fight until the end.

Was this really how I was going to die? I had been holding out hope for something completely unexpected. I would have been fine with a motorcycle accident, or even an explosion. Hell, I would have been okay with a shoot-out at this point. But no, I had to die without a shred of dignity. I had to be mauled and eaten alive by a huge silver fox, out in the middle of a colorless, empty meadow. Way to keep it simple Mila.

I felt its teeth through my shirt as it bit down and tore through my jacket. I cried out as it shook me about wildly, growling the whole time. I could hear the fabric of my clothes being ripped apart, and I wondered, would my body sound anything like that as it tore strips of flesh off of me?

All I could do now was wait for the pain, or hope that my heart would just stop and save me from the rest of this miserable experience. But either way, I had to wait. I waited for the pain. I waited to feel the cold hard blades that would tear into my skin, and spill the warm blood from my veins across my body.

And I waited. But it never happened.

I could still feel the fox wrestling with something, but it wasn't me. Then I heard it, a loud, soft riiiip. The fox growled menacingly, and I could feel that something was slowly being dragged off of my body. And quite suddenly I felt a great weight slide off of myself.

Then, I felt a cold, strong hand wrap itself around my ankle, and begin to drag me away. I looked back and saw the most horrible thing: my shadow had been torn away from me, and was struggling to break free from the clutches of the fox. My shadow tugged on my leg harshly as the fox managed to pull it in closer.

It raised its blank face towards me, and as it met my gaze, immediately tightened its grip on my leg. Throughout this whole mess, I'd never felt such a sense of urgency as I did at that moment. I began to panic, and I tried desperately to shake my leg free from my shadow's grasp, but it wouldn't loosen its hold. And then it reached out for me with its second hand.

I twisted my body, reared back, and kicked my shadow savagely in the face, again and again until it finally released me. I crawled away quickly as it reached out for me one last time in a sad and desperate attempt to reattach itself to me.

The silver fox growled as it dragged my shadow back viciously and proceeded to maul it. My shadow fought back frantically, pummeling the fox brutally and kicking at it constantly. But the fox didn't seem to notice. It ignored the blows and stood over my shadow, eyeing it intently.

Then, in one swift motion, the fox lunged forward, and in a stream of blood, ripped my shadow's throat out. My shadow flailed about wildly with its legs at it clutched at its throat, making a pathetic attempt to stop the spray of blood. And in one terrible moment, the shadow stopped moving, and I heard its death cry. No, I felt it. It was a terrible sense of stillness, and absolute silence, but you could feel its anger and sadness flowing around you. It was only a moment, but it felt like an eternity.

Satisfied, the silver fox dropped the silky piece of shadow flesh next to the bleeding body and turned its crimson-stained muzzle towards me. I held my breath as it padded towards me silently, never breaking eye contact. It was then that I saw what was really happening. As my shadow's blood poured out onto the land it was absorbed, almost instantly. And as it disappeared into the ground, color seeped back into the world. A blur of lush green flowed out behind the fox and stained every living thing in the meadow like an emerald curtain.

The color streamed towards me with every approaching step the fox took in my direction. The fox soon stopped in front of me, and sat down. I could feel its hot breath breezing slowly across my face. And cautiously, it moved its face closer to mine. My eyes were wide with wonder and awe as I raised my hand and brushed it across its bloody nose. It twitched its ear as I ran my fingers through its silky fur and scratched the scruff of its neck.

As it leaned in closer, I felt a small drop of cold blood slide down my cheek, and it whispered in my ear softly, with immense sadness and the love of all the world in its voice.

"I'm going to be the one that sets you free, Mila."

I shot upwards in total darkness, drenched in a cold sweat. I looked around frantically, trying to find any source of light, but to no avail. My frightened breathing seemed to echo and drift by my ears in a ghostly whisper. I stepped forward and held my hands out in front of me, hoping to find something, anything. And as my nails scraped against the cold steel walls, I knew where I was.

I was back in my prison.
Dimension D    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:13 am   Reply with quote

Seems interesting for I am attracted to things of darkness.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations