digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Misaki's Art Thread [Update: Lineless Art Tutorial]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations
The local Dark Boo
Misaki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:56 am   Reply with quote

Welcome to my art thread!
I'll update this every now and then with drawings, simple doodles and maybe even sprites/sprite edits.
As for requests, I'd rather not take any. Although maybe I'll give a few away as gifts or something~

Now for the actual art itself...

A "quick" Lady Bow picture. - This is the picture I'm using as my avatar. Bow herself was pretty easy to draw, but the background... ugh. I'm quite fond of the results, though.

A Boo at night? - Yeah, I don't know. I just started doodling a Boo and couldn't think of anything for the background, so I just went with a quick night sky background. Was pretty easy to draw, but it still came out adorable, if you ask me.

Parakarry's Letter Troubles - I always thought that this must have happened a few times before the start of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, considering how many letters Parakarry lost in the original Paper Mario.
As for the picture itself... well... I hate how the background(especially the grass) came out, and Parakarry's hand, but other than that I like how it came out~

Mimi's new obsession(?) - Based on something that happened in an RP I'm part of. Our Mimi started watching Toad Force V... which spawned this picture. Considering how popular the series was in Mario Party Advance, there's gotta be a fanbook, right?
Not too happy about the lineart in this one - it came out way too sketchy. And I couldn't put in all of the posters because the lamp was in the way. x_x; Oh well... Oh yes, and the blanket's that shiny because thin rubee threads were woven into it. Yes. That's why. *cough*

Planet Blobule - This one's really more of an excuse for me to try out a new shading technique. Will probably go back to my old way of shading, though. The lineart's way too sketchy again, but oh well. <_<; And yes, I'm aware that the ? Block came out way too large. I tried to fix it, but I kept messing up...

A quick doodle - This started off as nothing but lineless practice, but I though the finished result was pretty cute, so I saved it. Not much else to say here...

Every rose has it's thorns - You see this? This is why I was practicing lineless pictures. Took a few hours(and I got a bit lazy when I got to the background...), but I'm incredibly proud of the results. Although my hand's dead now...
...Rosie's kinda hard to draw. I think I did a pretty good job, though.

Lily and her pond - More lineless art. Not too happy with Lily here, but the background... ♥ Took about three hours and 20 minutes to finish. I'm really proud of the background~

Boo Luigi - Inspired by the Boo Suit that's gonna be in Super Mario Galaxy. I thought it'd be kinda ironic if Luigi used a Boo Shroom, which, well... resulted in this. His mouth's closed(and hidden under the 'stache), and as for the eyebrows... um, I tried to add them in, but I just couldn't get them to look right, so I left them out. <_<;
This one's also more of a doodle than anything, like the Count Bleck doodle I posted earlier....

*insert creative title here* - Those of you who played Kirby Superstar should recognize this guy. Not much to say here... mostly did this as lineart practice. I think I'm getting a bit better, but not much. =|

---
How to do lineless pictures in ShiPainter (WARNING: LARGE IMAGE) - Been planning to do this for a while. Explains how I draw my lineless pictures. This tutorial was made for ShiPainter, but it might work for some other programs as well, as long as they have the tools I mentioned(Blur, soft eraser and airbrush, possibly dodge as well).
For these who don't know: ShiPainter is a program available at several Oekakis. It's a bit like Photoshop in terms of tools, but it's more user-friendly, in my opinion.

(If the links should stop working, tell me and I'll reupload them.)

Last edited by Misaki on Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:36 am; edited 9 times in total
Ye Olde Boo Shoppe    
Watchitt
Gabby Jay
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:04 am   Reply with quote

Nice, the boo was cute :3

Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:25 am   Reply with quote

The boo looks like it was originally a Whacka but it died, thus turning into a boo. Just the face really, but yeah..........Great job though. Love the Bow.
Greenlight Global Goods    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:32 am   Reply with quote

Nice. Much better than I could have done... Smile
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
The local Dark Boo
Misaki
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:43 am   Reply with quote

Greenlight wrote:
The boo looks like it was originally a Whacka but it died, thus turning into a boo. Just the face really, but yeah..........Great job though. Love the Bow.

A Whacka turned Boo... Who knows? It could be~!

I'll try to update again later today. *nodnod*
Ye Olde Boo Shoppe    
Doc Eggman
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:45 am   Reply with quote

Your style is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see more!

Sind
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:02 pm   Reply with quote

way better then me. keep it up.

The local Dark Boo
Misaki
Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:40 pm   Reply with quote

Added a new picture to the first post. Not too fond of this one, but oh well.
I'll keep updating like this - posting when there's a new picture, and adding said new picture to the first post.

Also, as I said at the bottom of the first post: If any of the links shouldn't work for anyone, please tell me and I'll reupload the picture, or I'll provide an alternate link. Although I might do the latter eventually even if the links still work...
Ye Olde Boo Shoppe    
Not really
Kamek

HP: 15 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:55 pm   Reply with quote

In my opinion the Bow one was the best. The shade on the cute Boo seems a bit... Wrong. Of course I can be wrong because I suck at shading.

The local Dark Boo
Misaki
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:49 am   Reply with quote

Updated the first post with a new picture. This one also shows that I'm not very good at lineart... *cough*

Kamek wrote:
In my opinion the Bow one was the best. The shade on the cute Boo seems a bit... Wrong. Of course I can be wrong because I suck at shading.

I'm gonna agree with you, actually. Something about the shading's just not right... maybe I shaded the Boo a bit too much? I'm not sure, but it's probably something like that...
Ye Olde Boo Shoppe    
Kero Neko
Greenlight

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:16 am   Reply with quote

Really good, though like on the boo, parakarry's lines were a bit.....well, wrong.......try a whacka!
Greenlight Global Goods    
The local Dark Boo
Misaki
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:25 am   Reply with quote

Updated the first post again. This one was more of an experiment than anything...

Greenlight wrote:
Really good, though like on the boo, parakarry's lines were a bit.....well, wrong.......try a whacka!

Mh, lineart's the one thing I still have some major trouble with. And... a Whacka? I could try to draw one, sure~ It could take a while until that picture'll be done, though...
Ye Olde Boo Shoppe    
ANGRY GOPHER
LvKeulen

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:03 am   Reply with quote

I approve of the Lady Bow. 8D
The Shop of Epic    
The local Dark Boo
Misaki
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:53 am   Reply with quote

Updated the first post with a quick doodle. Wanted to practice drawing characters themselves without outlines again. I think it came out pretty cute~

...Not much else to say about that picture. Still working on that Whacka. <_<;
Ye Olde Boo Shoppe    
I don't have a title.
Gold Prognosticus

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:23 pm   Reply with quote

The 'quick doodle' looks kinda like count bleck's son! (If he has one...) Confused
Gold Prognosticus' Golden Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Your Creations