digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

ONLY in America.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Logic King
vg
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:41 pm   Reply with quote

The public education system fails on so many levels. Elementary school is doing the right job, but Junior high is starting to waste time. They don't actually try to work with you most of the time. Look at scores on most anything and you'll find that privately or specially (meaning gifted/talented) taught students do better. High school is just to stall time for people to mature. The public schooling system simply fails.
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:47 pm   Reply with quote

vg wrote:
The public education system fails on so many levels. Elementary school is doing the right job, but Junior high is starting to waste time. They don't actually try to work with you most of the time. Look at scores on most anything and you'll find that privately or specially (meaning gifted/talented) taught students do better. High school is just to stall time for people to mature. The public schooling system simply fails.

Obviously, but it's better than "i liek tis it wuz fun-e lol i cn typ so kool lol it iz lol omg lol"

****, it actually took EFFORT for me to type like that. How do IDIOTS do it?
rawrshop    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

Here's what I think is wrong with America...

WE END UP TRYING TO TAKE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST OUT OF OUR EVOLUTION!!!

Just think about it. We have idiots that are on welfare and living better lives than those who actually work. We have quality medical care that can keep people who do very stupid things survive. When you think about how idiots are managing to survive easily, and think about how idiots tend to be the ones that are careless about birth control, and how smart people tend to limit the number of kids they get, it leads to only one conclusion: Idiots are reproducing faster than the intelligent people.

What I think my government needs to do is to either discourage idiots from reproducing or encourage smart people to reproduce.
Shop #42    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

I wonder that every day. O.o
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:

Just think about it. We have idiots that are on welfare and living better lives than those who actually work. We have quality medical care that can keep people who do very stupid things survive. When you think about how idiots are managing to survive easily, and think about how idiots tend to be the ones that are careless about birth control, and how smart people tend to limit the number of kids they get, it leads to only one conclusion: Idiots are reproducing faster than the intelligent people.

What I think my government needs to do is to either discourage idiots from reproducing or encourage smart people to reproduce.

Click, a warning for adult language though.

That sums it up.
Tamriellic Titles    

Empy

HP: 90 MP: 0 Lives: 0

I think the same thing.
We insist on spending a combined total of billions on people who'd probably die if we didn't. Then we try to educate them and teach them to be like everybody else, A forced equality. Not everyone is equal, and the so-called "average" isn't an average at all. We bes a dum.
I know it's cruel to have that mentality, but my biggest fear isn't whether we'll blow ourselves up, but that we all become idiots.

Last edited by Empy on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Empyreal Heaven    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

Magikoopa #42 wrote:

Smart people do not produce smart babies.

Everyone is born an ignoramus. Smart people can only teach wise people to be smart.
rawrshop    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

[quote=Kitsune0012]Everyone is born an ignoramus. Smart people can only teach wise people to be smart.[/quote]I partially disagree with this. People are not born entirely ignoramus. There is a bit tied into it. Most of a person's intelligence is decided by the parents like you said though. Parents decide a child's fate unfortunately.
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:57 pm   Reply with quote

Think about it for a second. As far as the ratio of rational people, who don't use chemicals in their bodies (don't drink, don't smoke pot, nothing) to people who are pretty much anything else... we have a problem.

For every sensible, intelligent person in the world... there are at least 50 idiots. Sad, isn't it?
rawrshop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:59 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
Think about it for a second. As far as the ratio of rational people, who don't use chemicals in their bodies (don't drink, don't smoke pot, nothing) to people who are pretty much anything else... we have a problem.

For every sensible, intelligent person in America... there are at least 50 idiots. Sad, isn't it?

Fixed. M'aiq doesn't think other countries have this problem. Maybe alot of people drink and smoke in England, but he's pretty sure they're not all cronic about it.(IE 12 beers a day)
Tamriellic Titles    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:02 pm   Reply with quote

MAiq the Liar wrote:
Kitsune0012 wrote:

For every sensible, intelligent person in America... there are at least 50 idiots. Sad, isn't it?

Fixed. M'aiq doesn't think other countries have this problem. Maybe alot of people drink and smoke in England, but he's pretty sure they're not all cronic about it.(IE 12 beers a day)

I'm not talking only drugs, I'm saying the people that DON'T use drugs fit into the category.

And we're not mentioning the fact that there are hundreds of COUNTRIES where 80 to 90% of the population is completely uneducated.

We're talking a *BLEEP*-load of idiots.
rawrshop    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:02 pm   Reply with quote

Kitsune0012 wrote:
Magikoopa #42 wrote:

Smart people do not produce smart babies.

Everyone is born an ignoramus. Smart people can only teach wise people to be smart.
And idiots teach idiocy. Children tend to learn from their parents' example.
Shop #42    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:03 pm   Reply with quote

That is partially because of location and history. Genetics is merely in their favor. In medieval ages, Englishmen can only drink rum because of contaminated water. In the present, the effects of alcohol are massively dulled.
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:04 pm   Reply with quote

The difference between America and those other countries is America HAS the money to fund education, but they instead spend 3x the amount the should be using on schools keeping prisoners in their lifetime sentences.

(Honestly, if you put them in there for LIFE, why not just execute them? They'll die in there anyway. Plus, the education money would REALLY jump up.)
Tamriellic Titles    

Empy

HP: 90 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:12 pm   Reply with quote

Because they can get out on appeals.
Though anyone with a double life sentence really has no reason to live.
Empyreal Heaven    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion