digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Can we add another rule to the rule book?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:11 pm   Reply with quote

I know people love to type in all lowercase and use horrible spelling and grammar and all...

Francis himself says "i" instead of "I"...

and of course we have our little memes and fads that force us to use horrible grammar and spelling and such...

But can we be just a little bit more strict on our spelling and grammar? This is a forum for crying out loud. I can type at least 70 words a minute with NO mistakes... everyone else on this forum can SURELY type 30 words a minute with no mistakes. Not only that, it's a FORUM, you're given no time restraints... you can take hours, weeks, months, even years to get your sentences right, or even semi-right.

None of us are super geniuses who have memorized the dictionary, nor are we all perfect at grammar, but on a forum, I would honestly expect more than "hi i m a new membr n i liek mario gamez so ya im new lolol" from new member's posts, and I'd certainly expect sentences to be evenly sorted out instead of one HUGE run-on sentence.

[/rant]

Sorry. Hate me if you want.
rawrshop    
Logic King
vg
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:12 pm   Reply with quote

I second this.
vg's Shop of Randomosity    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

HP: 96 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:13 pm   Reply with quote

I third this.
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

I don't. my hands refuse to type anything correctly.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

We do not need Grammar Hitlers dictating our posts. The typos are a part of us, as is stuttering and mispronounciation in real life.

M'aiq does not support.

Last edited by Super Maiq the Liar on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tamriellic Titles    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote

pure-??? wrote:
I don't. my hands refuse to type anything correctly.

But you just did...
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote

I fourth, fifth and sixth this with an example.
Knuckles the Echidna wrote:
uh this is funny and me and francis already sorted this out and guess what i only made roy koopa and me not silver the hedgehog ok i made these accounts at school so there I AM NOT SILVER THE HEDGEHOG!!! ok??!!

Now, do you guys want to be seeing this crap everywhere? I know I don't.
Look at how smushed together that is. Where are the periods? I don't see any, do you?
Paradeem 8    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:15 pm   Reply with quote

MAiq the Liar wrote:
We do not need Grammar Hitlers dictating our posts. The typos are a part of us, as is stuttering and mispronounciation in real life.

M'aiq does not support.

no I'm not talking about THAT. Mistakes here and there aren't bad at all, none of us are perfect.

I'm talking about people who just don't put forth any freaking effort, such as a few members on the forums who put everything in a run-on sentence with such horrible spelling and grammar that it could make any sensible man (or woman) cringe
rawrshop    
Ruki Motomiya
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:15 pm   Reply with quote

Granted, I don't want to ENFORCE PERFECT grammar and spelling.

But take that post by Knuckles. It's annoying to read and if he had just spent 1 or 2 minutes he could of added some periods and such.
Ruki's Shop of Dark.    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:16 pm   Reply with quote

CBLuigi wrote:
uh this is funny and me and francis already sorted this out and guess what i only made roy koopa and me not silver the hedgehog ok i made these accounts at school so there I AM NOT SILVER THE HEDGEHOG!!! ok??!!

Look at how smushed together that is. Where are the periods? I don't see any, do you?

That is a grammar error, not a spelling error. Kitsune seems to focus this suggestion on spelling.(He only mentions 'grammar')
Tamriellic Titles    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:17 pm   Reply with quote

When I type wrong, it's on purpose, because I like to type properly. And I think some members type awfully *coughBob-ombcough*
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
LIL BLUE VS. BIG BLUE
Crappy Blue Luigi
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 7 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:18 pm   Reply with quote

MAiq the Liar wrote:
CBLuigi wrote:

That is a grammar error, not a spelling error. Kitsune seems to focus this suggestion on spelling.(He only mentions 'grammar')

Well, grammar is what I'm focusing on. It irritates me so much when I have to look at this stuff.
Paradeem 8    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:20 pm   Reply with quote

wel yes in the cas of post liek this ther shud be a pennty of lik 10 coin o somtin.

But making simple mistakes should be unpunishable.

EDIT: In which case, M'aiq agrees.

Last edited by Super Maiq the Liar on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tamriellic Titles    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:24 pm   Reply with quote

I'm focusing on spelling AND grammar.

As far as spelling, there's dictionary.com for the hard words. Instead of saying "... aw **** it" and giving up on trying to spell it, try looking it up or something.

Not that I expect people to do that. But another thing... firefox has a built in spell-checker, so you should know when you spell things wrong.

And again, nobody is perfect. EVERY time I have to spell necessary... I have to look it up. EVERY TIME!

MAiq the Liar wrote:
wel yes in the cas of post liek this ther shud be a pennty of lik 10 coin o somtin.

But making simple mistakes should be unpunishable.

EDIT: In which case, M'aiq agrees.

and I AGREE. What you just said is EXACTLY what I'm talking about, and if you think otherwise, you completely misunderstood me.
rawrshop    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:26 pm   Reply with quote

Most forums I have been on usually have a rule of good grammar. I agree with this.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback