digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I think that we should have debates.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:42 am   Reply with quote

I've noticed that there has been an occasional argument in a few topics in the forums. It seems that I've even gotten into one with Popple. I believe that it's ok to disagree with someone, but if one wishes to say that someone else is wrong, they should put forth a good effort in defending their position. This brings me to debates...

A debate, in my opinion, is the kind of argument that I like to be involved in. It is an argument that requires research, careful thinking, and some charisma. It has rules. You can't just say that the other side is wrong, you have to explain why the other side is wrong. If I didn't have speech problems in real life, I would probably have joined a debate team.

We might be able to have a weekly debate where two volunteers are chosen and are given a position on a chosen topic, we could just have members challenge other members to a debate when a argument is starting, or we could have both.

The rules of a debate would be simple enough.
1. All debates would get their own topic in the general discussion forum. (the general discussion forum is starting to be a place for more serious discussion afterall)
2. The debates will be about whether an answer is right or wrong, not which of a set of answers is right. If the person against the subject of the debate has to do more than prove the other person wrong, then the debate is not following this rule.
3. Each side gets 5 posts and the person for the subject of the debate gets to go first.
4. The winner of the debate is decided by a public vote (so no poll voting).

What do you guys think?
Shop #42    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:43 am   Reply with quote

could be useful
Koop    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:47 am   Reply with quote

Another plan to bring maturity to the forum. Sounds good.
The Shop on a Hill    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:44 am   Reply with quote

This was my idea for the Serious Discussion forum, but everyone just settled with changing the name of off-topic...
rawrshop    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:25 pm   Reply with quote

this was my idea back then
Baby Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:26 pm   Reply with quote

And Lord Bowser would be all up in hurr like:

MY MAMA!!!

debate NOW!
Tamriellic Titles    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback