digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Villains

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
paper Geno
Vampire

HP: 35 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:52 pm   Reply with quote

Villains

Why do they exsit?
Why do they steal
Why do they cheat
Why do they hurt people
Why did they become villains in the first place?
so many questions

See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:02 pm   Reply with quote

Because bad guys always win! I learned from my mistakes last time, see? Now I never get caught. Do you realize how I am now. I never would have made this much loot being a wimpy good guy, see?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
paper Geno
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:08 pm   Reply with quote

then why does Exor a villain now only exsits as a ghost of his former self.

See?
Popple

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

"If everyone succeded there'd be no world left to take over."-Bonus Stage
Popple's Secret Hideout    
paper Geno
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:27 pm   Reply with quote

which shows that evil and good must be equal all the time

See?
Popple

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:34 pm   Reply with quote

Pftt, ya right. Only bad villains lose most of the time, then they don't even qualify as villains, their just evil. Which is a disgrace to villainy if you ask me. Who are you to judge anyway, I thought you were just a star, agent, thing...see?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
paper Geno
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:43 pm   Reply with quote

there is a saying it has known for many yaers
Without Light Darkness can never exsit.
Without Darkness Light can never exsit.

it is said if there more heros than villains a new evil will appear
to create balance

See?
Popple

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:27 pm   Reply with quote

Welcome to real life, that's not how it works. Heroes will not rise just because evil is at large, that's just not how it happens, see? Sometimes people are just to scared to step up.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:17 pm   Reply with quote

But if they are pushed too far, some will overcome their fear. However, the "there must be a hero for every villain" idea is laughable.

Evil tends to have the power of not needing to worry about the wellbeing of others. There can be only on evil overlord, so those who want to become one have to fight each other for the position. They have to keep their minions in line by using fear, and any other underhanded tactics they may have at their disposal.

Good tends to have the power of teamwork and numbers. The good guys are able to trust each other because they all have the same goal of making the world a better place. They don't care about who will rule after evil in vanquished, as long as it's a nicer ruler.

Any oppressed populace will eventually have a member who will just say "Screw this, I don't care if I die as long as I don't have to have that guy telling me what to do," and try to become a hero. The more oppressed the populace is, the more likely someone is to do it. The evil overlord needs to have something worse that could happen to those who fall into his disfavor. The evil overlord can't just give them a choice between dieing for serving him and dieing for not serving him. So When there is too much evil and not enough heroes, heroes are more likely to arise.

Then, there are your anti heroes. They may not be concerned about helping the down-trodden, but their goal is sure to do so anyway. Bowser has been an anti hero in two mario games so far, SMRPG and SPM. He didn't care about saving people, he just cared about getting what he wanted.

There tends to be a balance of power between good and evil. There won't be a balance between the number of heroes and villains, but there is certainly a balance of power between the two groups. It's a kind of YinYang type of thing.
Shop #42    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:55 pm   Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it better, see?
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion