digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Well, do you have any disorders?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:19 am   Reply with quote

Oh, and please don't flame or spam in this topic. This is meant to be a discussion, not flame-bait. If this topic gets locked due to your imaturity, Flavio will be pissed.

Flavio has a slight OCD, though it isn't too big that it's a real problem.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:21 am   Reply with quote

Although I haven't been diagnosed with anything, compulsiveness runs in my family.

Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:26 am   Reply with quote

Slight OCD, but not too big that it's a real problem... just like Flavio.

I also have a phobic anxiety disorder: Entomophobia/insectophobia... irrational fear of insects or bugs, basically. I suppose this term serves as a blanket for my accompanying apiphobia (fear of bees) and arachnophobia (spiders, obviously).

I might have slight agoraphobia, but then that's pretty common.
Dimension D    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:28 am   Reply with quote

Attention Deficit Disorder.
'Course, my little bro has ADHD.
NON BANNER    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:29 am   Reply with quote

SEVERE ADHD. However, strangely enough, I'm the guy in the classroom that just sits there, antisocial and oblivious to everything else.

But a few years ago, I would talk until my throat bled, then talk some more.

Oh, and if there's a disorder for being addicted to electronics, I have that.
Fiberglass World    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:31 am   Reply with quote

Flavio's unsure if this would be considered a disorder, but Flavio isn't really affected by real life conflicts, but fictional problems can get Flavio upset.

Flavio also has Equinophobia, Hippophobia (Fear of horses)
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:27 am   Reply with quote

Flavio wrote:
Flavio's unsure if this would be considered a disorder, but Flavio isn't really affected by real life conflicts, but fictional problems can get Flavio upset.

Flavio also has Equinophobia, Hippophobia (Fear of horses)

From what I know, you're either a feeling-swallower engaging in conflict avoidance, or even have slight ADP. Oh noez.
Dimension D    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:36 am   Reply with quote

AS. Yes, I'm an Aspie. So sue me.

Anyway, I also have a slight case of OCD like Flavio, and a rather annoying case of phasmophobia.
Pipe Land Goods    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:49 am   Reply with quote

When I walk outside, I pretty much always keep mental track of which foot I transferred past one crack in the sidewalk to another with. If I pass to the next segment of concrete with my left foot, I'll transfer to the next with my right. I like to have everything end up even. If I transfer from concrete to a segment of grass or vice-versa with one foot, I even it out next time I do this with the other, as well. Sometimes I count how many times I've walked over a passing person's shadow, or took a step into their shadow (I remember which foot I did this with) and then compromise by doing the same with the other foot.

When I was younger, I always had to do everything four times... when I closed my bedroom door, for example, I would open and close it again three more times really fast, saying to myself, "Now it's even, perfect, even, perfect."

Sometimes I'd say something four times, as well. Or I would say a sentence with an odd number of words, and then add more words after to make the number of words in that sentence even.

That's why I think I might have slight OCD.

Last edited by Celeste Dimentia on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Dimension D    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:52 am   Reply with quote

Well, as for the OCD bit, I can't stand it when, for example, something is in two rows, and one row sticks out one "unit" farther than the other one. You get me, right? I also DESPISE the number 19, although for some reason it pops up everywhere. I hate it.

And Chaos, I never walk outside by my self because I'm too afraid of drawing bad attention. I'm worried about a passerby's impression, eve when they're not there. o_o;

Last edited by Yellow Magikoopa on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Pipe Land Goods    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:52 am   Reply with quote

My parents think I have Asperger's, because I'm smart for my age, and a little antisocial. I'm not sure that I actually do, though... Part of the reason I'm antisocial is because I was homeschooled for a few years, and now I go to a really small, private school, so I've never really had to learn to deal with people. And smart + antisocial does not automatically = Asperger's. So, I might have it, and I might not.
Also, I'm a perfectionist with an inferiority complex when it comes to my art, but I don't think that's a disorder.
As for phobias...
1. Flying insects. There used to be a hornet's nest on the side of my house, and I had a few bad experiences with the hornets, so I became afraid of them. And then that fear sort of spread, to include all flying insects, even harmless ones like craneflies and moths. However, I love spiders, ants, and any other bug that doesn't fly. Even the ones that do fly don't bother me as long as they're on the ground.
2. Going outside alone at night. I'm super-paranoid, and I always worry that some kind of horrible monster is going to get me if I go outside. I can barely even stand to look outside a window if it's dark out.

Last edited by carfilledwithfish on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:54 am   Reply with quote

carfilledwithfish wrote:
My parents think I have Asperger's, because I'm smart for my age, and a little antisocial. I'm not sure that I actually do, though... Part of the reason I'm antisocial is because I was homeschooled for a few years, and now I go to a really small, private school, so I've never really had to learn to deal with people. And smart + antisocial does not automatically = Asperger's. So, I might have it, and I might not.
As for phobias...
1. Flying insects. There used to be a hornet's nest on the side of my house, and I had a few bad experiences with the hornets, so I became afraid of them. And then that fear sort of spread, to include all flying insects, even harmless ones like craneflies and moths. However, I love spiders, ants, and any other bug that doesn't fly. Even the ones that do fly don't bother me as long as they're on the ground.
2. Going outside alone at night. I'm super-paranoid, and I always worry that some kind of horrible monster is going to get me if I go outside. I can barely even stand to look outside a window if it's dark out.

I'm kinda dumb and a social butterfly. But I'm still diagnosed with it, and i KNOW I have something. I hate admitting this: but my thoughts get scrambled when i'm not in thought.
Pipe Land Goods    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:56 am   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
Well, as for the OCD bit, I can't stand it when, for example, something is in two rows, and one row sticks out one "unit" farther than the other one. You get me, right? I also DESPISE the number 19, although for some reason it pops up everywhere. I hate it.

And Chaos, I never walk outside by my self because I'm too afraid of drawing bad attention. I'm worried about a passerby's impression, eve when they're not there. o_o;

Oh good lord, I concur completely. >_>

It needs to be even. Seeing that little piece sticking out ruins it completely. I can hardly stand the sight of it.

When I write, I always try to fit everything into one line if I'm nearing the end of a long sentence, because I don't want to have, say, one or two words on the next line with a full line of writing on top.

AND for some reason - moreso when I was younger - I often can't stand to leave space on a piece of paper unfilled.
Dimension D    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:58 am   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
carfilledwithfish wrote:
As for phobias...

I'm kinda dumb and a social butterfly. But I'm still diagnosed with it, and i KNOW I have something. I hate admitting this: but my thoughts get scrambled when i'm not in thought.

I can't remember whether or not I was actually diagnosed with it. If I was, it was a long time ago.

Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:01 am   Reply with quote

carfilledwithfish wrote:
Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
carfilledwithfish wrote:
As for phobias...

I can't remember whether or not I was actually diagnosed with it. If I was, it was a long time ago.

I was diagnosed a year ago. One of the reasons I fell into a VERY deep depression. I started judging myself.

As for CD, another thing paper-related I don't like is when on lined sheets of paper, when you reach the end of a line, and you have to write past that vertical line. Then one word sticks out. And that's bad.
Pipe Land Goods    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion