digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Extra-Terrestrial Life.
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 pm   Reply with quote

Sind wrote:
remember that our race also began with a microorganism. So why shouldn't there be intelligent life on other planets too?

That kind of talking begins those "Evolution vs Religion" debates. Some people just refuse to accept these things.

The way M'aiq sees it, there are dozens of other planets out there that have to same exact climate as Earth, with water. It's almost impossible for us to be the only planet with a living species, let alone several million of them.
Tamriellic Titles    
Sync
MALAK

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:10 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
No. There is no evidence of extraterrestrial life and I don't think there ever will be.
And why do you think that? Aliens don't mean advanced life that fly around in ships, abducting people, it means anything that can live, including something small like bacteria. Thus, it's highly possible that there is life out there, and i'm pretty sure that there is a posibility that we will find some proof eventually.
Hammerspace    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:35 pm   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:
Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
Medikoopa wrote:
There were microorganisms discovered on Mars in the mid-1970s.

But it is still being argued about whether or not it was a form of life.

Gah.

But given this, it IS possible that somewhere out in the universe, there could be some form of life. Sentient? Maybe, but that remains to be seen.

Well, since humans are the only "intelligent" species on Earth... that means the chances are kinda slim.

Yes, but considering how many 'non-intelligent' life-forms are on our planet, it is likely that we might come across some in another solar system or galaxy.

But it'll be far after our lifetime when that will happen. Space travel is relatively new. We currently can't go very far in a short amount of time.
Pipe Land Goods    
Cid
Lord Krump

HP: 60 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:00 pm   Reply with quote

The Starship X-Naut, naturally, has traveled the galaxies, and I can assure you, there are plenty of life-forms scattered across the universe. Buh huh huh!

A good bit of them, by Earth standards, would be hard to classify, though- since they evolved through very different method's than earth's, and the natural elements that compose them are radically different, as well. For instance, whereas life on earth came into being through DNA and cells, other alien life doesn't use such structures, relying on other structures, instead.

So, indeed, there are plenty of varying life-forms out there, in the seemingly infinite universe.
The Highwind Goods Store    
Mariofan9

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:33 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
No. There is no evidence of extraterrestrial life and I don't think there ever will be.

Although, man may one day make life away from Earth self-sustainable. I guess it would then be considered extraterrestrial.

This is also my opinion. I do not believe in aliens or anyhing of the like.
That's mostly because I do not believe in the evolution theory.
Shop of Identities    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:53 pm   Reply with quote

Mariofan9 wrote:
Francis wrote:

Although, man may one day make life away from Earth self-sustainable. I guess it would then be considered extraterrestrial.

This is also my opinion. I do not believe in aliens or anyhing of the like.
That's mostly because I do not believe in the evolution theory.

But what if God decided to create life on other planets than the earth?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN.

Well, the humans DID do some evolution to this point: As you know, those big cities and buildings weren't here at earth's creation/whatever.

So life might have evolved from something that god or whatever created.

Of course, I'm not religious, but I still won't see things too close to them. I check them from a certain distance...
Wario Land Shop!    
Djacwmwfin
Joshamuffin
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:15 pm   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
Medikoopa wrote:
There were microorganisms discovered on Mars in the mid-1970s.

But it is still being argued about whether or not it was a form of life.

Gah.

But given this, it IS possible that somewhere out in the universe, there could be some form of life. Sentient? Maybe, but that remains to be seen.

Well, since humans are the only "intelligent" species on Earth... that means the chances are kinda slim.

Humans are not the only intelligent life forms on Earth. There is life in/on/around faraway planets. We just haven't discovered it yet. Or, it wasn't released into the general populous. I believe there is intelligent life in/on/around other planets. Just not planets we have been to yet.
Josh's Useful American Novelties    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:19 pm   Reply with quote

Well, Considering the millions and millions of light years and stuff, theres BOUND to be somthing else. Perhaps a simple orginism, just a plant, or even a higly advance orginism with all this cool shit.
I compleatly think that there is some "alien" Other orginisim.
I do not belive aliens fly around in ships from pluto and have visited earth. Thats just dumb.
TWEWY Pins    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion