digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Well, do you have any disorders?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
MsDevin92

HP: 95 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:54 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:

-I feel terrible about senseless killing in games like GTA and Oblivion.

-I have about 7 years of built up hate stored inside of me. Smile

-My life is dedicated to videogames.

-Aside from a few key moments, I can't even remember anything that happened over a few years ago.

Same. >_>;
MsDevin92's Bazaar    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:11 pm   Reply with quote

I have a very low seizure threshold.

When I see a bleeding cut or get a shot, I sometimes faint and go into a quick seizure. It happened to me while watching a first-aid movie about stopping a deep cut, getting my finger pricked for mono, seeing a friend's bleeding mouth after she got her tooth pulled, and in the movie theatre while watching Saw 2.

All persons’ brains, if subjected to sufficient provocation, can react by having a seizure. The threshold for how much provocation is needed to trigger the seizure is different from person to person. It can be exceeded in all cases, as long as conditions are extreme enough.

The good thing is I can feel when it is coming, so I can lay down and warn people around me.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:16 pm   Reply with quote

Altair wrote:
My IQ is also GENIUS. It ranges from up to 156 to 180. and Simple math-a-matics can be sovled in .01 miliseconds. 1+1=4. Ya see?

Altair, you jsut kicked yourself into your own ass.

This is a damn serious topic.

And manpersonguything, no offense, but with that spelling I find it a bit hard to believe.

Also...

TSSG3, do you know you can get dependent on Ritalin and that, these days, too many people use it without any proper diagnosed ADHD. ItÄS even said it's more of a scapegoat for bad parenting (But I do not suspect your and your relatives of anything, so please don't accuse me of having a go at your parents.). I would not take that stuff but move to a different, less dangerous substance, but hey, I'm just some guy miles and miles away.

All here... Could it be we either are all overdiagnosing outselves or share our disorders to a shocking degree ? O.o

Also, I think most cases of Aspergers' are no syndrome but a bit of an ego thing. Although there is a five in one chance you get it, there are far too many people today who claim to have it. I mean, I too don't have many friends, isolate myself, yada yada yada (I do not intend to make fun of you, I am just not that convinced) but that's not Aspergers.

Interestingly, it is Aspergers SYNDROME. Isn't a sydrome, per definition, a detrimental thing ? I do not see that huge disadvantages - those people lead normal, happy lives.

Oh, yes, and I am also delusional, slightly depressed (Which might be an explanation as why I see myself with so many "disorders" which may be just a combination of my overactive fantasy and aforementioned slight depressions) and kind of two-faced about nearly everything.
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:37 pm   Reply with quote

Zelnor wrote:
And manpersonguything, no offense, but with that spelling I find it a bit hard to believe.
Spelling isn't a big sign of intelligence. Mispelled words are just hard and not very pleasant to read, that's all.

Zelnor wrote:
All here... Could it be we either are all overdiagnosing outselves or share our disorders to a shocking degree ? O.o

Also, I think most cases of Aspergers' are no syndrome but a bit of an ego thing. Although there is a five in one chance you get it, there are far too many people today who claim to have it.
There always were that many Aspergers. Just that it's easier to diagnose it today.

Zelnor wrote:
Interestingly, it is Aspergers SYNDROME. Isn't a sydrome, per definition, a detrimental thing ? I do not see that huge disadvantages - those people lead normal, happy lives.
No, syndromes aren't detrimental per difinition. vvvvv
Wikipedia wrote:
In medicine and psychology, the term syndrome refers to the association of several clinically recognizable features, signs (discovered by a physician), symptoms (reported by the patient), phenomena or characteristics that often occur together, so that the presence of one feature alerts the physician to the presence of the others. In recent decades the term has been used outside of medicine to refer to a combination of phenomena seen in association.
^^^^^

... ONOEZ I derailed the topic! *gets topic back on track.*
Wario Land Shop!    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:42 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
-My eyes are almost always baggy and veiny. People often thing I'm a druggie because of it. ;~;

-I'm deathly afraid of the dark. O_O

-I get too into games, to the point where I basically feel what the main character feels, and imagine all NPCs as real people(which sucks when I have to kill them) Surprised

-I feel terrible about senseless killing in games like GTA and Oblivion(see above) Surprised

-Arachnophobia, like 99% of humanity. I am too

-I am afraid of taking life, even of things like flies. I try to catch them and release them outside instead of swatting them. Same, but I can kill flies if I wanted too

-I have about 7 years of built up hate stored inside of me. Me Too

-I think I'm pretty much emo. D: Yup, Same.

-My life is dedicated to videogames. It wasnt, but now it is.

-Aside from a few key moments, I can't even remember anything that happened over a few years ago. Huh?

-I sometimes "die" while I'm going to sleep.(I'll explain later) WTF?!?

-I'm afraid of death, but would rather die than let others die. I am, however, not joining the army. I am afraid of death. But I find no reason in living (not yet). But I am not afraid to risk my life for others.

Bold text is mine!
Koop    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 pm   Reply with quote

Zelnor wrote:
Oh, and I hate how too many people today say they have Aspergers. (no offense Car, I don't mean you.) I don't have it and I'm glad for it.

I was DIAGNOSED with it. From a REAL doctor. T_T
Pipe Land Goods    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:44 pm   Reply with quote

Altair wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:

-Aside from a few key moments, I can't even remember anything that happened over a few years ago. Huh?

Simply put, I don't remember anything minor about my past, really.

It's like I can remember only some of the things I got for Christmas a few years ago, but don't remember much before that.

Quote:
-I sometimes "die" while I'm going to sleep.(I'll explain later) WTF?!?

Explanation: You know how you go into that "half-asleep" state before you go to sleep? It's kinda around that point, but I get the feeling like everything just got cold, I can no longer hear the fan in my room, and I cannot feel or hear my heartbeat, and I am unable to breathe. It usually lasts about 5-6 seconds before I jump up.
Tamriellic Titles    
augh!
Piccolo the Pixl

HP: 44 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:17 pm   Reply with quote

These are the closest to disorders you'll get from me.

I'm afraid of the dark, thanks to my brother.

I'm afraid of being alone, thanks to my brother as well >_>

On the contrary to above, I hate when people notice me Neutral

I HATE insects.

I have Sectoral Heterochromia.
Piccolo's Goods    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:23 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:

Explanation: You know how you go into that "half-asleep" state before you go to sleep? It's kinda around that point, but I get the feeling like everything just got cold, I can no longer hear the fan in my room, and I cannot feel or hear my heartbeat, and I am unable to breathe. It usually lasts about 5-6 seconds before I jump up.

thats creepy Shocked
Koop    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

According to some quiz thing on Facebook, I have Avoidant Personality Disorder. I've never been diagnosed, but it describes me perfectly.
asdf    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:32 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:

Sounds like sleep paralysis.
It's not that uncommon, really.

Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:53 pm   Reply with quote

I have some hearing problems, but other then that pretty much nothing.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
RAPEFACE BUTLER MODE
Kii

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

I don't know if being overly sensitive counts as a disorder, but in my case it might. For me, I can't watch scary movies, or in some cases even the news, because when I see or hear about people getting hurt or killed, I can feel their pain.

For example, if I see somebody get hung, my neck feels strained and painful, and I begin to feel/picture myself in the same situation.

It's weird, because this doesn't apply when I watch something animated; for example, I watched a gory horror anime (called Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni) and it had no effect on me. It's only real life people getting hurt that makes me react this way.

... I also have a short attention span and can't focus on one thing for too long without having to take a break and do something else. But I've never been diagnosed with ADD or anything, so I don't think it's that bad.

Lastly, I'm a perfectionist about my artwork. I end up hating a drawing if there's even one tiny thing about it that I don't like and can't fix. I'm also kind of like this in video games, where I feel like I have to complete them 100%... but that's not as bad, since I forget half the time or just don't try.
Out of the Way Convenience Shop    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:16 am   Reply with quote

Well... I am not sure if some of these are actually disorders, but it sure is different. I was kind of a best and worst of both sides of my family... so I wound up with an IQ of 158 and ADD at the same time. Causes all sorts of hell.

I have a semi-photographic memory, so I can recall stuff from when I was a year old and so on, but if I really wasn't paying full attention, it just whizzes by me due to the ADD.

I also have a problem communicating with people in real life. It is all good and fine on the Internet or GW and everything, but other than that I end up being really shifty and nervous. I take a lot of crap for this... and know my upbringing had something to do with this problem.

Like what Maiq said, I really get into the game as if I was the main character and the senseless killing for the most part. Also applies to being afraid of taking life and fear of death, but dying for others.

My imagination is always completely insane... I will wander off in my head for minutes at a time and have tons of abstract ideas. This is kind of a blessing and a curse; I am very creative and can imagine a solution to just about anything and seconds, apply it to GW and dream up skill combinations for anything and everything, and can RP very well... however, I tend to drift off in the middle of conversations and at school, which can lead to awkward situations.

I have mild OCD as well. Everything has to be perfect, everything in alignment, and everything has to be balanced... I find myself pressing other buttons on a controller to even out the times I press a different button, and I try to fit things on a line to avoid having little writing on the next sentence.

Lastly... I don't know what to make of this. I cannot stand failure and have an explosive temper when I do fail. Example: I keep dying in GW. Next thing I know, I have knocked most of the stuff on my desk and bed around just from an uncontrollable temper. THAT gets me in the most trouble, so much so that people say I have a split personality.
The Domain of Secrets    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:50 am   Reply with quote

Sowwy... *big eyes*
I rush when I type >.>
Oh, Forgot to say. Not a disorder, But i HATE when people stomp on ants. I hate those people so much!
When I was 11 I got an IQ test. I scored 141
TWEWY Pins    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion