digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Extra-Terrestrial Life.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:12 am   Reply with quote

Well, what do you think about the concept of other life in the universe?

Flavio thinks it's ignorant to say that we're the only life in the whole damn universe, yet some people actually believe that.
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:15 am   Reply with quote

Of course, I think that there is a likely chance of there being other life in the universe. The formation of Earth and its life-supportive atmosphere is definitely a phenomenon, but not unique, I should think.
Dimension D    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:22 am   Reply with quote

I can say there's more than a 99.99∞ chance there's other life somewhere in the universe. There's billions trillions quadrillions decillions of planets in existance, and Earth can't be the only one lucky enough to have evolved life. After all, in this solar system alone, there's 3 or 4 planets/moons/whatevers that could possibly support life.

Also, considering how long it's been in between the birth of the planet and the "modern" age, any other life in the universe is probably more intelligent than us.
Fiberglass World    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:40 am   Reply with quote

Plastic Mario wrote:
I can say there's more than a 99.99∞ chance there's other life somewhere in the universe. There's billions trillions quadrillions decillions of planets in existance, and Earth can't be the only one lucky enough to have evolved life. After all, in this solar system alone, there's 3 or 4 planets/moons/whatevers that could possibly support life.

Also, considering how long it's been in between the birth of the planet and the "modern" age, any other life in the universe is probably more intelligent than us.

Yes. Just the other day I saw a program on the History Channel (Yes, I watch that kind of stuff.) that showed how a guy predicted that there could be life on Jupiter. It looked kinda liked a green hot air balloon of sorts. It was pretty neat.
Pipe Land Goods    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 am   Reply with quote

Like pretty much everyone else in this thread has said, I think it's very unlikely that Earth is the only planet in the universe than can support life. But, I don't know if I believe that aliens actually come to Earth and abduct people.

Sind
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:40 pm   Reply with quote

Like every other on this topic, I think there are some other planets with life. But Intelligent life, or intelligent enough to visit us, I don't believe.

Goomba
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:47 pm   Reply with quote

carfilledwithfish wrote:
Like pretty much everyone else in this thread has said, I think it's very unlikely that Earth is the only planet in the universe than can support life. But, I don't know if I believe that aliens actually come to Earth and abduct people.
took the words out of my mouth
Goomba's Goombalicious Goods    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:48 pm   Reply with quote

Somewhere else in the universe, a person on the planet xyz made a thread, wondering if there was other kind of life form in the universe.

I mean, if there was another planet with life in the universe, they'd probably wonder if there was another planet with life in the universe.
Wario Land Shop!    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote

No. There is no evidence of extraterrestrial life and I don't think there ever will be.

Although, man may one day make life away from Earth self-sustainable. I guess it would then be considered extraterrestrial.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:58 pm   Reply with quote

Sind wrote:
Like every other on this topic, I think there are some other planets with life. But Intelligent life, or intelligent enough to visit us, I don't believe.

That too.

Bacteria is likely, maybe something like primitive sea life or insects at the very most.
Pipe Land Goods    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:00 pm   Reply with quote

There were microorganisms discovered on Mars in the mid-1970s.

But it is still being argued about whether or not it was a form of life.

Gah.

But given this, it IS possible that somewhere out in the universe, there could be some form of life. Sentient? Maybe, but that remains to be seen.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:02 pm   Reply with quote

Medikoopa wrote:

Gah.

But given this, it IS possible that somewhere out in the universe, there could be some form of life. Sentient? Maybe, but that remains to be seen.

Well, since humans are the only "intelligent" species on Earth... that means the chances are kinda slim.
Pipe Land Goods    
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:15 pm   Reply with quote

Yellow Magikoopa wrote:
Medikoopa wrote:

Gah.

Well, since humans are the only "intelligent" species on Earth... that means the chances are kinda slim.

Yes, but considering how many 'non-intelligent' life-forms are on our planet, it is likely that we might come across some in another solar system or galaxy.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:29 pm   Reply with quote

I don't believe in Phone Home. I mean ET, err, Aliens.
Koop    
Sind
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:33 pm   Reply with quote

remember that our race also began with a microorganism. So why shouldn't there be intelligent life on other planets too?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> General Discussion