digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Mario's Had It
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:45 pm   Reply with quote

Mario is officially at the end of his rope. One day, while lounging about in the castle, taking advantage of the princess's hospitality as usual, he receives an urgent call on his Shell Phone. Interrupting the classic Mario Bros. ringtone, Mario himself flips open his phone and places it to one of his hairy ears.

"Hello?"

"... Mario. This is Toad. Urgent that we meet. Be at the big blue flower in Mushroom Way at 5:00 mushroom standard time. Come, alone." -*click*-

Mario, easily able to recognize a plot point, decided to do as the caller asked. He dropped by his house later that evening, and, ignoring his brother Luigi's stuttered protests, took with him a heavy black briefcase from the dining table and set off alone for Mushroom Way.

It was a relatively simple trip, and Mario arrived at the big blue flower, perfectly on time and waiting expectantly.

"Ah... so you've arrived."

Toad stepped forward, from behind a rocky nook. He looked suspiciously at the briefcase in Mario's right hand, eyes narrowed.

"What's that for, then?"

Mario looked up at Toad, then back at the briefcase - and in a flash, the briefcase had sprung open, and up whipped Mario's trusty fire flower revolver -

*BANG.*

Toad staggered back, consumed in searing flames. His pale hands scrabbled frantically at his flaming torso, but he had already fallen to the dust, rolling about on his back and twitching. Mario walked up to his quivering form, slowly.

"Do I look stupid? I know exactly what you were going to say, Toad. You were going to set up the plot for yet another stupid adventure! Well, I've had just about enough. This time, I'll make my own story - and I'll be the villain! Just like the good old days, when I could capture the princess at my liesure. Until, that is, the Writers decided to change my character."

He looked down at Toad, his mustache twitching as he gave a pitiless smile.

"Well, I'm going to 'take care' of these Writers... and I'll be able to control everyone's fate. I will become the supreme ruler of the world!"

And, cackling madly, Mario set off down the dusty path before him, leaving Toad's unmoving form in his wake.

Can you stop Mario? Or will he overthrow the Writers and become all-powerful? It's up to you! Razz

If you join, you can be any video game character you'd like, really, as long as you explain how they come into the story. Smile Indeed, from any game universe, though as always, Mario is preferred in this case, considering the main setting of the story (Mushroom Kingdom).

If this takes off, I'll be making my own entry into the story (I'll be playing Luigi, and then some different villains and other characters that would come into the story and interact with the main characters).

Last edited by Celeste Dimentia on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dimension D    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

HP: 20 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:46 pm   Reply with quote

Weas:Uh dimentio?
Nario's Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:50 pm   Reply with quote

Obviously I prefer that you play a character that would serve as a hero in the story... someone desginated to stop Mario and his quest...

Also, explanation of the how, when, where, and why will be revealed as the story progresses, and the plot is delved into further.
Dimension D    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:51 pm   Reply with quote

ooc;Uh thaty character is weas!

Weas:Hello?
Nario's Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm   Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
ooc;Uh thaty character is weas!

Weas:Hello?

OOC: Uh... well... what's... this? I'm... a little confused, I'll be honest. I mean... Dimentio hasn't appeared anywhere yet in this story, by my mention... only what I've typed in the RP intro above has happened so far. How did Weas magically come to be wherever Weas is in the Mushroom Kingdom? Please, try to indulge with as much as detail as possible. It'll make a nice RP experience, I assure you. Smile
Dimension D    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:54 pm   Reply with quote

Ooc:He is a fictiol character he is on geoweasel
Nario's Shop    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:55 pm   Reply with quote

Nario wrote:

OOC: He means you have to introduse him in the story.
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote

Nario wrote:

OOC: Okay... then if you would please explain in a roleplaying post (act out what happens) how your character even arrived in the Mushroom Kingdom, and why, and such... this isn't a tavern chat RP, or whatever, I must add. Surprised
Dimension D    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote

Oh well he whears marios tookie with out the tail!
Nario's Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:57 pm   Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
Oh well he whears marios tookie with out the tail!

OOC: ... k... well, unless you're prepared to fire off with an actual RP post... I dunno what to say. Confused
Dimension D    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:58 pm   Reply with quote

Any ways

Well weas was there in the mushroom kingdom standing there.
Nario's Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 pm   Reply with quote

Nario wrote:
Any ways

Well weas was there in the mushroom kingdom standing there.

OOC: lol... k...

Meanwhile...

Luigi was worried. It had been more than an hour since Mario had left. Was he out on some wild adventure again? Luigi sighed. Brilliant, he thought to himself. More housekeeping. Next moment, however, Luigi flung up his hands to shield his face as a bright light filled the Mario Bros. home, flooding in through the windows.

"W-who is that? What is that?!" Luigi stammered at thin air.

And, to his surprise, a voice responded, in deep, commanding tones:

"Luigi... Superstar Hero, Vessel of the Dark... your fate is written in far greater tomes than the Dark and Light Prognosticus."

Luigi shuffled away from the window quickly, eyes screwed up against the bright light.

"I don't understand... who are you?" he asked confusedly.

"My name is not important... you shall know me simply as the Writer. It is I who has long detailed the fate of you and your brother... I who has, on occasion, guided you in your very goals... and at the same time, it is I that has brought evil to your proud Mushroom Kingdom. I, the very creator of your world..."

This was nearly too much for poor Luigi to take. He backed away further, and bumped into the shelf behind him, causing the heavy wooden doors to rattle loudly. Choosing to ignore this, Luigi went on, "But that's impossible. Mario and I..."

"You and your brother, I'm most sorry to say, have never been in control of your destinies. But now, that's about to change. I give you your first true choice, Luigi - help me, the Writer, stop Mario - for he has chosen to rebel against the common ways of the adventurer; he has, in fact, come to realize all that I have told you on his very own. Or, you can allow your brother to break free into the 5th Dimension, the dimension in which I have always resided."

"If this happens, and if he manages to stop me - and I need not tell you that he possesses immense power - then he instead will be in control of your world's fate. I'm sorry to tell you that he is also crazed; frankly, he has lost his mind. Nobody can say for sure what he will do once he gains control, but it cannot be for the better. So again, I give you your first, and greatest, choice - will you help me to stop your brother Mario, and his mad quest for power?"

Luigi hadn't spoken the whole time the Writer had made his speech, but now he shifted restlessly. He looked up into the light, this time without blinking.

"He's my brother... but I cannot allow this to happen. I... I'll do it. I'll help you stop him."

"You have chosen... very wisely. Very well. Receive your first gift now - a weapon of great power... one that will surely help you to stop Mario!"

Without warning, the light faded away rapidly, to be replaced by a fearful tremor. Luigi closed his eyes and grabbed onto the shelf behind him instinctively, barely keeping his balance, until at last the violent quaking ceased. Slowly, Luigi opened his eyes - and saw, lying in front of him, (quite clearly) a treasure chest, sitting there in the middle of the room.

Luigi bent down and lifted the lid with trembling hands. The top swung open easily, and inside was...

"A Hammer," sad Luigi quietly, lifting it up and holding it by the handle with both hands.

~~~ Luigi acquired the Mega Hammer! Equip this weapon and start smashing! Breaks all blocks, and deals immense damage to enemies. ~~~

Luigi equipped the Hammer, and strode purposefully out of the Mario Bros. Pad, heading over to the pipe that stuck out of the grass, just across the lawn. He hopped onto it, gave the peace sign, and descended quickly into the pipe's depths.

It was Luigi's turn to shine once again.
Dimension D    
Nario
Super Koopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 pm   Reply with quote

Weas saw luigi and said"Uh dude go somewhere else to battle!"
Nario's Shop    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:04 pm   Reply with quote

You can't just use random characters for RPing! Mad
I'm-A-Luigi! Make a character in the character creation topic!

Last edited by Paper Luigi on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:04 pm   Reply with quote

ooh! ooh! I wanna join! Pwwweeeeaaaase?

... but what can MY RP character do? She's just... a cat. That can turn human with magic ;_;
rawrshop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play