digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Super Smash Bros. (Digibutter Branch) Lobby

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:22 pm   Reply with quote

*Apprentice Hand manages to finish building a second building. The building has four rooms... a luxurious lobby that contains many decorations and a big plaque that shows the current ranks and two rule books, a room filled with a machine designed for making fighters for the SSB matches, a room for registering matches and waiting for them to start, and a room filled with portals to the currently available arenas (well, it's just one arena now, but that will change eventually). Apprentice Hand takes a seat behind a counter in the man room and makes an announcement.*

The Digibutter Branch of Super Smash Bros. is now open!

OOC: I hope this turns out to be successful. If you have no idea what this is, just think of it as being like the Glitz Pit topics, but with a few changes. First of all, there's going to be more rules on how the matches will work. Second, you'll need special characters to participate. I'll just try to divide this up to where it'll be easier to interpret.

I want to participate! What must I do?

First, make sure that you really want to do this. You could try reading a few of the matches that have already taken place to get a good idea of what it's like. If you are willing to pay a coin for it, I might allow you to try using an NPC (non-player character) in one of the fights someone had registered for. Reading the rules for the matches might be a good idea too. After you have made certain that you want to try the real thing out, follow these steps.

1. Read the rules for Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition. You can skip the parts about races and classes. You can skip alot of it, but things like skills, feats, equipment, and magic are things that you should at the very least skim. The part that you should pay the most attention to would be the combat basics part.

2. Read the rules for Mario D20. This is what's going to be followed for the most part. It contains the races and classes that will be used. If there's any conflicts between what the D&D rules say and what the Mario D20 rules say, I'll go with what the latter says.

3. Create a character using the Mario D20 rules, or if you are too confused by the character creation process (to be explained farther down in this post), tell me what kind of character you want and I'll try to make it. Just keep in mind that all characters will have to start out at level 1 and if you want me to make the character for you, I'll need to know at the very least three things about your character, race, starting class, and what you want him/her to be like when they're more powerful. Oh, and if you ask me to make a character for you but forget to include what you want its name to be, I will use the opportunity to have fun, and that goes for a few other things that you might forget about.

4. Pay me 10 coins to allow your character to participate.

5. See how powerful your character can become and how high of a rank they can reach.

Character Creation Process

1. Get an idea of what you want your character to be like. This will help you in deciding how you want your character to start out and what kind of power/abilities you want him/her to obtain.

2. Assign ability scores. You got strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma, but how much of each do you have? Well, you'll get to decide by assigning the following numbers to them: 15, 14, 13. 12, 10, and 8. And before someone tries to do so, no you cannot assign the same number to more than one ability score.

3. Choose a race. The races are in the Mario D20 pdf file. so choose one and make any necessary adjustments to ability scores or anything else. Also, if the race that you choose has LA+1, use the second set of stats listed for it (the ones for a level 1 version of the race). You'll get upgraded to the normal stats when you reach level 2 (instead of getting a second class level).

4. Choose a class. Remember that at the first level, you don't need to roll for HP and MP, you just get the maximum result of what the die roll for those things would have been. You should also choose any talents that your character gets with their first level in the class you chose.

5. Assign skill points.

6. Choose feats. You get one of them for free at first level and depending on the race you chose, you might get another one.

7. Decide if you want any of the stuff listed in the equipment sections of the rulebooks that doesn't have any price. Unfortunately, this is limited to a club, a quarter staff, and a sling (and you'll have to use improvised ammunition for it at first).

8. Choose anything else that might be necessary. This will be stuff like spells (if your character can cast them), name, and any miscellaneous features (color of eyes, skin, hair, and maybe even height/weight).

8. Let me know the things you've chosen for your character, pay me 10 coins, and I'll check it over to make sure that everything is as it should be before posting the completed character in this topic. The reason for why I should be the one to post it is so that I will be the one able to edit it (don't want some new ability or item being mysteriously added for no apparent reason). If there was anything that you forgot, I will either let you know about it, or just decide what it will be by myself. So if you don't want your character to be named "Homer Sexual", I'd suggest you remember to choose a name for your character before submitting it .

I got a character, now what do I do with it?

You can register ranking matches against whoever is above your character. If you win the match, you get tokens and star points and your rank goes up. If you lose, you get nothing and lose nothing. If you decide to quit, nothing happens.

You can also be challenged to a ranking match by whoever is below you. If you win the match, you get tokens and star points. If you lose, your rank goes down. If you decide to quit, your rank goes down.

You may also challenge someone else to a non-ranking match. Both participants must agree to the match though. Whoever wins the match gets star points.

To register a match, you simply send a PM to me asking for the match. Remember to specify the type of match too.

Also, you may wager your tokens on any ranking or non-ranking match as long as you don't bet against yourself.

Star points? Tokens?

Star points have the same function as they did in Paper Mario and Paper Mario TTYD. They act like experience points, and when you get enough your character gets a level up.

Tokens are going to be what you use for buying stuff for your character. You can use them to get your character that spiffy-looking mallet/mushroom/armor/whatever that you want to get for him/her. The items shown in the equipment sections of the D&D and Mario D20 rules are available. There are for types of tokens, copper, silver, gold, and platinum. They are basically taking the place of cp, sp, gp, and pp respectively. You can trade the coins you get for posting in for GP if you wish to. You can also trade 100 platinum tokens in for a gold bar (I'm talking the kind that goes into your inventory, not your character's).

The number of star points you get for winning a match depends on your character's level and the level of your opponent.

The number of tokens you get for winning a ranking match follows the following formula.
Code:
gold tokens for winning the match = (number of users participating + (number of NPCs * 0.25)) / rank that you reach or keep for winning

What do you mean by NPCs?

NPC is an acronym for non-player character. These will be the characters that I'll have control over in fights. They won't earn star points and they can't refuse a challenge. Also, if you want to make a bet with them while doing a non-ranking match against them, they will have the amount they can wager limited by how difficult they are to beat.

I'm considering allowing people to control NPCs in battles as long as a fee of one coin is paid for it. If you want to use an NPC for free though, I will have their stats posted in this topic, and the rules for Mario D20 are already around for viewing. You won't have me judging/GMing the match and it won't have any effect on your characters for the SSB(DB) matches, but you'll still be able to use them.

Current Rankings

1. Koopa Troopa (NPC)
2. Goomba Grunt (NPC)
3. Vaati (Vaati)

I might change some of the things about how this will work as time goes by. Oh, and the first 5 people to make their characters on their own for this thing will get theirs added for half price.

Last edited by Marker Magikoopa on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Shop #42    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:41 pm   Reply with quote

Here's the first NPC for the SSBDB.

Goomba Grunt
Goomba Ordinary Basher 1
Small Humanoid (Fungus)
Init +0; Senses darkvision 60', Listen -1, Spot -1
AC 11 (+1 size), touch 11, flat-footed 11
Defense 0
hp 10 (1 HD)
mp 2 (1 MD) 1
Fort +4 Ref +0 Will -1
+4 racial bonus to saves versus poison
Speed 20' (4 squares)
Melee Bite +5 (1d4+3 bludgeoning and piercing
and slashing)
Space 5'; Reach 5'
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Atk Options jump attack
Abilities Str 17 Dex 11 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 8 Cha
Feats Jump Attack
Ranks Jump 4, Survival 4
Skills Jump +6, Survival +3
Possessions Mushroom
Jump Attack: A goomba doesn't provoke AoO
while jumping as part of a run or charge. It can
spend 2 MP when jumping in a charge to deal an
extra 1d8 damage on a successful hit.

Last edited by Marker Magikoopa on Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Shop #42    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:49 pm   Reply with quote

Koopa Troopa
Koopa Soldier Ordinary 2
Medium Humanoid (Reptilian)
Init -2; Senses Listen +6, Spot +6
AC 9 (+1 class, -2 Dex), touch 9, flat-footed 8
Medium Fortification
Defense 4
hp 21 (2 HD)
mp 4 (2 MD) 2
Resist Acid 5
Fort +3 Ref +0 Will +1
Speed 20' (4 squares)
Melee Slam +3 (1d4+2 bludgeoning)
Space 5'; Reach 5'
Base Atk +1; Grp +3
Special Actions tuck
Abilities Str 14, Dex 6, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 13,
Cha 10
Feats Light Shell
Ranks Climb 5, Jump 5, Listen 5, Profession
(Mercenary) 5, Spot 5
Skills Climb +7, Jump +7, Listen +6, Profession
(Mercenary) +6, Spot +6
Tuck (Ex): As a move action, a koopa can fall
prone and gain total concealment and cover as a
move action.
Shop #42    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

OOC: just thought I'd post here so you don't do a double post and things like that
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:53 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati wrote:
OOC: just thought I'd post here so you don't do a double post and things like that
OOC: I thought you said that you would want to sign up for this.
Shop #42    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:54 pm   Reply with quote

Magikoopa #42 wrote:
Vaati wrote:
OOC: I thought you said that you would want to sign up for this.
OOC: still working on the Vaati charater
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:16 pm   Reply with quote

(Here's Vaati's character's stats)

Vaati
Human Mage 1
Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init +1; Senses Listen +0, Spot +0
AC 11 (+1 Dex), touch 11, flat-footed 10
hp 5 (1 HD)
mp 12 (1 MD)
Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2
Speed 30' (6 squares)
Melee unarmed strike +2 (1d3+2 Bludgeoning)
Melee quarterstaff +2 (1d6+3)
Ranged touch +1
Space 5'; Reach 5'
Base Atk +0; Grp +2
Combat Gear quarterstaff
Spells (CL 1): shools of magic: Abjuration, Evocation, Necromancy, Transmutation
1 – Doom Desire, Mage Shell, Shocking Grasp
0 – Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 10,
Cha 8
Talents Arcane Bolt
Feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longsword), Simple Weapon Proficiency (Quarterstaff)
Ranks Concentration 4, Intimidate 2, Knowledge (Arcana) 4, Knowledge (Nature) 4, Spellcraft 4
Skills Concentration +5, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (Arcana) +5, Knowledge (Nature) +5, Spellcraft +5
Possessions spell component pouch, quarterstaff
ABILITY BREAKDOWNS

• 1 extra skill
point at each additional level.
• +1 luck bonus to all ability checks and
skill checks modified by Int score.
• Arcane Bolt (Sp): You may produce a bolt of
arcane energy as a standard action provoking an
attack of opportunity costing 1 MP. You cannot
use this ability defensively, and must make a
Concentration check to use it if you are damaged
while casting it (DC 10 + damage dealt). The
arcane bolt is a ranged touch effect with Close range
(25' + 5'/2 caster levels). It deals one die of damage,
depending on the energy type chosen when it is
cast. You may augment the arcane bolt to deal more
damage of the same type by spending more MP.
For every additional 2 MP spent, the bolt deals an
additional die of damage. For every additional 3
MP spent, the bolt deals two additional dice of
damage. The total dice of damage dealt by the bolt
cannot exceed your caster level. At your option, the
arcane bolt deals acid (1d8-1 per die, range is 50' +
5'/caster level), cold (1d6+1 per die), electricity
(1d6, +3 bonus to attack roll), fire (1d8), force (1d4,
ignore concealment and cover of any sort), or sonic
(1d6-1 per die, ignore hardness and deal full
damage if used against an object) damage.
Shop #42    
Lord Vaati

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote

wheres the fight
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati wrote:
wheres the fight
Right here.
Shop #42    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Role-Play