digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

To all new Nerrs: An Introduction Guide

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> New Users Come Here!
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:20 pm   Reply with quote

Hello, and thanks for joining Digibutter! We're serious .bizness, and have some hi-technical guidelines that can help you to be cleared from here all the faster, and thus allowed to explore the rest of the site.

It's recommended that once you've been approved (you should receive a PM notifying you of this), you head on over to the Introductions, Goodbyes, and I'm Backs forum to post a new introduction thread... unless a Moderator simply chooses to move the introductory thread you made here. Then you can just find it in said forum.

Some tips to help you (and us) clear things faster:

~ For the love of all that is hi-technical, please try to use correct and consistent grammar and spelling, to the best of your ability. A lot of members will love you for this; it's also nice to be able to actually understand what our new members are saying!
~ Instead of simply opening up with: "Hi I'm new Cool " or any other such one-line, relatively bland post, tell us a little about yourself. List some of your interests, and/or what brought you to this site, perhaps?
~ Follow the Digibutter Code of Conduct. This naturally means no spamming or flaming.

And really, it's as simple as that. ^^

Please feel free to contact any member of staff if you have any questions or concerns.

Site Administrator
Francis

Site Moderators
Celeste Dimentia
ShadowArticuno
Frozenwinters
Plastic Mario
Jr. Troopa
Goomba
Cherry

Last edited by Celeste Dimentia on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:16 am; edited 8 times in total
Dimension D    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:04 am   Reply with quote

May I also add the fact that a humourous introduction is usually a good one?

As the aforementioned insane antagonist said, grammar is a MUST. It makes you look MUCH more professional. In fact, the law states that you must be 13 years or older to join a forum, and an introduction consisting only of "wassup" certainly isn't going to convince us of your claimed age. Refer to this example introduction to make a good first impression.

Example Introduction wrote:
Hi there! My name's Plastic Mario. I first learned about the site by playing Super Paper Mario, but later a friend referred me. I love video games, as well as anime like Minami-ke. I like listening to music done/ redone by Hatsune Miku, and that's probably OVER 9000 songs. In other words... Francis in human (Plastic?) form.

I'm looking forward to spending lots of time here on Digibutter.nerr :D

That's all there really is to get approved quickly and painlessly.

Disclaimer: All information in example may not be completely accurate.

EDIT:

Currently, we are in a state where the moderators cannot approve new users, for security purposes. Francis, the administrator of the site, is the only person has the power to approve new users at the moment, so, please be patient if you've posted a topic and Francis isn't online.
Fiberglass World    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> New Users Come Here!