digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Items or No Items
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Items?
Yes, Aint smash without em
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
No. (Insert reason here)
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Some Items, not all.
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Other
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

(No Title)
WIRE MAN

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:59 pm   Reply with quote

I picked other because I think all items should be off,EXCEPT,the Smash Ball so you can still have fun chaseing something instead if opponents f0r a few secounds and so the FS can be used.
Siarnaq's Hideout    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:12 am   Reply with quote

WIRE MAN wrote:
I picked other because I think all items should be off,EXCEPT,the Smash Ball so you can still have fun chaseing something instead if opponents f0r a few secounds and so the FS can be used.

typical....hmmm.. and why do you think Items should be off?

Edit: not to sound Cocky or anything I'm curious.
Poison's Boutique    
(No Title)
WIRE MAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:18 am   Reply with quote

O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:

Items don't show skill.Especially from noobs that basicly need them and still suck.It's also good to train without items so you won't have to rely on them in tough battles.I still would want Smash Ball because it can only be used once in a battle and being that it's a new feature and all,I really wanna try it out.Still,items are fun to use every now and then.
Siarnaq's Hideout    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:26 am   Reply with quote

WIRE MAN wrote:
O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:

Items don't show skill.Especially from noobs that basicly need them and still suck.It's also good to train without items so you won't have to rely on them in tough battles.I still would want Smash Ball because it can only be used once in a battle and being that it's a new feature and all,I really wanna try it out.Still,items are fun to use every now and then.

Right and you wonder why I'm so hard on you

You ASSUME That just because someone uses an Item that they are a weaker player, that they aren't skilled, when in reality if you actually payed attention to an items match you realize that in the chaos it take skill to effectively use Items, If anything training without Items Weakens you because you aren't used to That element of chaos when you are thrown into it.

have you ever considered the fairness it takes out of the game, not having Items on, the game is now pandering to the characters with the higher physical ability Such as Captain Falcon Fox And Marth (The MLG Favorites, coincidence I think not.)

try to be more open minded, some people honestly don't like Items I understand that, but people who Essentially call me weak for using Items I cant stand.
Poison's Boutique    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:39 am   Reply with quote

Not only that,but you can use FS about twice in a match if you use it quickly so another can spawn.
Gemstone Goods    
(No Title)
WIRE MAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:40 am   Reply with quote

O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:
O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:

Right and you wonder why I'm so hard on you

You ASSUME That just because someone uses and Item that they are a weaker player, that they aren't skilled, when in reality if you actually payed attention to an items match you realize that in the chaos it take skill to effectively use Items, If anything training without Items Weakens you because you aren't used to That element of chaos when you are thrown into it.

have you ever considered the fairness it takes out of the game, not having Items on, the game is now pandering to the characters with the higher physical ability Such as Captain Falcon Fox And Marth (The MLG Favorites, coincidence I think not.)

try to be more open minded, some people honestly don't like Items I understand that, but people who Essentially call me weak for using Items I cant stand.

Maybe I should try explaining again.I'm not saying everyone who uses items are noobs.Just some.Also,items can help balance a match too.I'm also trying to explain that I feel that if I train not useing items it could help me play better and never really have to reley on em.Some people like to use items and don't need them,so I'm not saying this would work for everyone.While I do think items don't show skill,I don't necessary always look down on them for I used to uss items alot and occasional use them for fun.If a player dosen't need items to survive a match,I'm ok with that.I just frown on those who use items every ten second so you can't get close enough to damage them and they win cheaply by useing items the whole match.

Bottom line of what I'm trying to say is as long as items are not over used and the user is strong enough to handle well with out the assistance of items,then I'm ok with it.Also,I'm not calling any of you weak.
Siarnaq's Hideout    
(No Title)
WIRE MAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:41 am   Reply with quote

Informer wrote:
Not only that,but you can use FS about twice in a match if you use it quickly so another can spawn.
Not if you put items on low/very low.
Siarnaq's Hideout    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:43 am   Reply with quote

WIRE MAN wrote:
Items don't show skill.
WIRE MAN wrote:

I'm not calling any of you weak.

however you are implying Items Show weakness.
Poison's Boutique    
bottles98

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:44 am   Reply with quote

Items all the way.

(No Title)
WIRE MAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:46 am   Reply with quote

O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:
Items don't show skill.
WIRE MAN wrote:

True.I say they don't show skill,but as long as you are actually fighting then I see no problems with it.I just hate it when people use items an entire match and don't fight.It annoys me.
Siarnaq's Hideout    
Poison
Super Postman
Jailed Vampire
Jailed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:47 am   Reply with quote

WIRE MAN wrote:
O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:
Items don't show skill.
WIRE MAN wrote:

True.I say they don't show skill,but as long as you are actually fighting then I see no problems with it.I just hate it when people use items an entire match and don't fight.It annoys me.

and It annoys me when people call Items Cheap. Are you just Blaming your weakness on Items?

(argument over, if you want to continue lets move it to PM's)
Poison's Boutique    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:49 am   Reply with quote

O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:
Items don't show skill.
WIRE MAN wrote:

[O'Chunks used QUOTE!]
[It's super effective!]
Gemstone Goods    
(No Title)
WIRE MAN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 am   Reply with quote

O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:
O Chunks wrote:
WIRE MAN wrote:
Items don't show skill.
WIRE MAN wrote:

and It annoys me when people call Items Cheap. Are you just Blaming your weakness on Items?

(argument over, if you want to continue lets move it to PM's)
K' then lets take it to PM.
Siarnaq's Hideout    
wat u say
Ph1r3 Mario

HP: 90 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:29 am   Reply with quote

Items on all the time.

It's fun to have Very High and all Home-Run Bats. Smash each other's brains out. :D
Ph1r3 Market    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:38 pm   Reply with quote

I turn a few of them off, but I never turn them all off.
asdf    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl