digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I for one welcome our gun-carrying robot overlords

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Geek Gear
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:10 pm   Reply with quote

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/13/battlefield-ready-irobots-roll-into-washington/
Shop #42    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:13 pm   Reply with quote

Is it going to end up like the movie iRobot?
Fiberglass World    
Current form: Normal
Marker Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 38 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:32 pm   Reply with quote

Plastic Mario wrote:
Is it going to end up like the movie iRobot?
Nah, these ones are remote-controlled. They're as likely to revolt as the robots that you see on TV shows like Robot Wars.
Shop #42    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:25 pm   Reply with quote

That's pretty hi-technical. Right now, I'm in a robotics class at my local tech school. My most recent creation is CrazeeExplorerbot. It drives around using randomly-chosen subroutines and plays music similar to Mario's theme music. Also, I have built a schweet robotic Mario using my Mindstorms NXt set and a lot of Lego bricks. I did have a hi-technical idea for my Lego Mario robot. Since the NXT can be controlled by a Bluetooth device, and the Wiimote connects to the console using Bluetooth, could the NXT possibly be scripted to respond to Wiimote commands? (At least the buttons; motion control wouldn't be helpful in controlling robots.) If any of you guys know a website where I can get the programs to do this, let me know. I might even post a vid on YouTube of it in action. Very Happy
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Geek Gear