digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Usershop guide
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:36 pm   Reply with quote

Some people seem confused about the whole usershop thing. I own the first usershop made, and I know how things work. So, i'll offer an explination on how everything works.

First off. Usershops cost 50 coins to open. They are a way to sell your items to other people without having to trade. You can also create your own items to sell to other people. This is the in-depth way to do it.

First of all, to open your shop, there will be a button at the bottom of the usershop listing. Once you have opened it, go to that same place and click on the here.

Look for the section you need help with, and locate the corresponding number at the bottom for a description. (Ignore the messy MSPaint manually drawn numbers)

1. Your shops name. When you change it, it will change for everybody outside viewing it.

2. Description. This shows up beside the name.

3. Shop Status. You probably want to keep it open, but if you need to close for a while, do it there.

4. Your shops statistics. It shows coins earned, items sold, ect.

Note. To confirm changed settings, you must press the Update Settings button. Coins earned by your shop go into its holding, and not directly into your pocket. You must withdraw them to get them out. When there is coins in the holding, a [Withdraw holdings] button will appear.

5. Your shop inventory. (It is kind of bugged on my screen) It shows your items for sale, their price, how many sold, how many left in stock, and stuff like that. When you click on edit, you can change the picture, the seller notes and the price. If you click on recycle, you will remove that item from your inventory, and if you still have stock left, you will get a refund from the recycled items.

6. You can add items from your inventory to your shop. Select an item from the list and set the price.

7. You can restock on custom-made items if you get low. Every copy of the item you are restocking on will cost coins.

The next 12 is the item creation sheet.Remember, it costs 5 coins to create the item, then the additional cost for the effects.

8. The name of the new item you are making.

9. The picture for the item you are making. Must be 32x32, .GIF, .PNG or .JPG. (Thanks CD)

10. The price of the item. What other people will pay to get it.

11. The short description, what people will see in your shop inventory.

12. The long description, what people will see either clicking on the item in your shop item list, or in their inventories.

13. The service box. When you check it, the item will become a service. It will not cost anything to restock, but IT WILL NOT APPEAR IN PEOPLE'S INVENTORIES. IT IS NOT AN ACTUAL ITEM. Use this feature to sell things such as an avatar buisness, or doing other things for people. Again, DO NOT CHECK THIS IF YOU ARE SELLING AN ITEM.

14. Relationships. When you fill this out, it will become a relationship item. People will use this to get relationships with each other, but the item cannot have any other effects.

15. MP usage. If you check this box, the item will not disappear from an inventory when used, but it will cost MP. The amount of MP is the value/5. The cost to create it is 5 coins plus 1 for every feature. Say I have an item that does 20 damage. (20*1.5)/5=6, so it will cost 6 MP to use and will not disappear from my inventory. It would cost 6 coins to make.

16. HP. Enter a number to determing how much HP to restore, or put a minus (-) in front of it to remove HP. It costs 1 coin per HP restored, or 1.2 for every HP removed.

17. MP. Same as HP, but it costs 5 coins for every point. Remember that the max is 10, so making it restore 50 isn't that smart.

18 & 19. Colour. When used, the item will change the target's name colour, at the cost of 10 coins each, or 5 to erase. 18 changes the names text colour, and 19 changes the background. Most people see this as an unnessecary addition to HP/MP items.

20. The message to display when used on a member. You can make it say anything. If you made a pie that does 5 damage, you could make this box say... SPLAT! You just got pied in the face! It can say anything, again, so be creative.

Updates that happened after these pictures were taken

You can now add a banner to your shops. It must be, at MOST, 200x40. Also, it must be in the same formats as the item icons. It will appear beside your shop on the listing.

If you restock on multiple items, it will cost less than if you restock on only 1.

Well, that about does it. Make sure you always have enough coins to keep your shop running.

Last edited by Plastic Mario on Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
Fiberglass World    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:40 pm   Reply with quote

Quality points to you, my friend. Both a good idea and a good way to help some of the newer (or perhaps even older) members that may be a bit confused about how the Usershop system works.

Oh, and I think the other format you wanted to mention was JPG/JPEG.
Dimension D    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:42 pm   Reply with quote

Right. Fix'd.
Fiberglass World    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:13 pm   Reply with quote

Nice guide, I corrected a few minor details. stickied
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:58 pm   Reply with quote

Very Happy Woot!
Fiberglass World    
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA
Francine

HP: 78 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:02 pm   Reply with quote

Ew, IE.

Some users may be 56k, so the images may kill them. Great guide though.
The Shop on a Hill    
yoshimitz707
Vampire

HP: 55 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:10 pm   Reply with quote

EW, IE.
GashBell's Shop    
Poyo!
Kirby

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:47 pm   Reply with quote

Nice guide! That was REALLY helpful! Very Happy
Kirby-Mart    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:07 pm   Reply with quote

BOO, YOU SUCK!! next time, dont try copying me! jking... um, sounds like a good idea, though the numbers suck. and I probably should of put this in digibutter for dummies.. So, im going to go do that right now.
Koop    
OH GOD
Manpersonguything
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:43 pm   Reply with quote

Thnks, helped me ALOT
would have waisted lots of time making images
TWEWY Pins    
Only Lakitu in Hollywood
Lakilester86
Vampire

HP: 90 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:49 pm   Reply with quote

Very good tutorial! Very good job.

abdcefg
Mama Luigi
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:57 am   Reply with quote

Tell me how to get items out of ym shop tyvm ;D
This shop is full of variety    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote

You have to buy it from yourself.
Fiberglass World    
abdcefg
Mama Luigi
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:23 pm   Reply with quote

Plastic Mario wrote:
You have to buy it from yourself.

Nuuuuuuuu...
This shop is full of variety    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:24 pm   Reply with quote

EPIC PAINT EDITS. But this should ejookat the un-ejookatid.
NON BANNER    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support