digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Five Items that should be considered being made.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote

First I’d like to say: this site is so awesome that the term awesome itself cannot express its uber-schweet high-technicaaaaaaaal awesome awesomeness.

After I’m done being a fanboy I have some suggestions to make

Item Suggestions

First Item: The Seven Crystal Stars.
This Item will not be for sale. Instead, this Item will be made by Francis, and when he feels like it, he RELEASES THEIR MIGHTY POWER UPON THE FORUM! MWAHAHAHA! *clears throat* Anyway, the Seven Crystal Stars run a randomizer when releases by Francis. The Randomizer returns the name of one User, and the Stars decide to grant him their high~technicaaaal power, so they make themselves comfortable inside his inventory. They will not be shown on the regular “Items” section next to a post, but only be visible when you look into your items. When you use The Seven Crystal Stars, you pick an Username.
After that another randomizer is started, returning a number between 1 and X; x being your maximum MP at that point. Once the number is out The Seven Crystal Stars unleash one of their mighty powers – the power costs as much MP as it number is, the number being the randomized one (just to be clear):

1 = Sweet Treat You recover a random Number of HP and MP between HP: 1 and 20 and MP 1 and 4

Earth Tremor: The specified other User takes 20 points of damage.

Clock Out: The other User cannot post for the next 30 minutes

Power Lift Starts yet another randomizer, first one between 1 and 2. 1 = attack and 2 being defence. Then a randomizer is started, randomizing between 1 and 3 in 0, 5-steps, the result being called X. If the first randomizer was 1 all the damage your items do is multiplied with X in the next 30 minutes, if the first returned 2 all the damage you receive is reduced by X.

Art Attack: For every post with over two sentences with five words per sentence your opponent receives 5 points of damage. Posts in the Dump don’t count. And to make matters harder the damage is only dealt when the post gets a quality point. This effect, however, lasts for 24 hours. (Okay, maybe I should think of something different…)

Sweet Feat You recover a random number of HP and MP, HP between 20 and 60, MP 4 – 10

Showstopper Randomizes between 1 and 6. Effects: 1 and 4: Your opponent gets insta-killed. 2 and 5: Both you and your opponent get insta-kill’d. 3 and 6: Only you bite the dust.

Supernova: Your opponent receives 55 points of damage and can’t post for the next 10 minutes.

Also, when used or after one hour the crystal stars depart again, return to wherever it is and go to another random user after one hour of rest. (Or else the forum would explode I guess. =P)

Next to The Seven Crystal Stars we have:
Second Item: The Magical Map.
This one doesn’t appear in the normal item screen for anyone to see, too. When you use it it either simply shows you who currently possesses The Seven Crystal Stars, or reduces your MP to 4 (this happens not when your Mp are under 4, of course) and moves the seven crystal stars into your possession – after a 10 minute time limit ran out. However if you aren’t present to receive the info – or even the stars if you’re lucky- they’ll be pissed and the Stars deactivate themselves for an hour and after it they go to another user.
The Map departs after it’s used as well, to return after one and a half hour.
(Also, maybe you could include a third effect: For the cost of three mp nobody can use the Crystal Stars on you for the next 24 hours.)

Third Item: The 1337 Hamm3r Broz. H3lm3t
Known from Mario and Luigi; Partners in Time you can buy one of those sweet shroobian inventions to 13371f13 a fellow user. Simple stuff it on somebody’s head, maybe even your own, and your next 15 posts will be translated into leetspeak for teh n00bs to enjoy.

7h3y w1|| h4v3 70 r3(06n1z3 y0ur m4d 3|173 h4(k3r 5k1||5 0r f34r y0ur wr47h. |0| w7f w007 w007 w007.

This Item costs 4 MP to activate, and causes a random number of HP damage from 5 to 30 because the person being stuffed in the helmet naturally fights back against you stuffing a helmet on them.

Fourth Item: Twilight
Anybody knows and loves it since Twilight Princess: Those cute little black rotating rectangles which I call Twilight. Twilight is the magic alternative to atoms. Buy a piece of Twilight and use it. It will change into a random item. You might get more then you bargained for – or you could loose a fortune. The Twilight-to-Item system works as written here:
For All shops not User-created (Like Goldbobbingtons, Malo Mart, etc.) There’s one version of Twilight for all of these shops. It price is the average of the price off all Items (being from Germany I don’t know whether I expressed the mathematical equation with the correct terms, but you should get the jizz). Use it and it becomes a random other item.
Also, all users can create their special Twilight as well. It’ll cost the average of all your items prices (whether they are in stock or not) plus the 15 coin creating price. The Name of the Item, to avoid confusion, would be “ ‘Name of the User’ Twilight”, if this gets created and I get a shop it’s be “Zelnor Twilight”.
To avoid inflation all items created from Twilight can only be sold for the price of the original Twilight minus the 10 % recycling fee.

Fifth and last item: Germanizer
Uses Google Translator to translate all posts of the person it’s used on into Google German for the next 15 Minutes. Costs 3 MP.

Now I know that such stuff is very hard (if in this system not even impossible) to crate and might need changes of the whole digibutter source code, also it might nearly drive Francis insane, so I don’t really expect any of these Items to show up. But since Digibutter tends to surprise me I’ll post these ideas to see if you guys would like these babies to come real too.

Pretty please, Francis? With sugar. Lots and lots of sugar!
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
What's up, slick?
Doo_liss
Vampire

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:14 am   Reply with quote

Pretty long winded and most of those items are totally pointless since most are already covered by previous items and items in the user shop area. Basically, I do not see the point in having extra items that would take up loads of time and effort. They would probably never be used.
Slick Store!    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:39 am   Reply with quote

O.o they are ?
I thought these Items would be a good idea - To my knowledge there isn't any item that makes you speak in leetspeak, or translaten anything into google german or has a random cool effect. Neither did i see an item that becomes another item. I thought I had a point here, but if you see it so I surrender myself nearly without objections to your longer experience with these forums.
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:57 am   Reply with quote

1. everyone hates leetspeak. it's good for jokes, but that's about it.
2. noone wants their posts translated into another language. period.

the others are cool, but not worth the effort of programming.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
ERECTIN' A DICK
Miku Hatsune
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:27 am   Reply with quote

Good idea.
Anime and Image Shop    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:28 am   Reply with quote

YAY ! Finally a supporter !
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote

Zelnor wrote:

Item Suggestions

First Item: The Seven Crystal Stars.
Second Item: The Magical Map.
Third Item: The 1337 Hamm3r Broz. H3lm3t
Fourth Item: Twilight - Use it and it becomes a random other item. Also, all users can create their special Twilight as well.
Fifth and last item: Germanizer

I like the idea of a item that constantly moves around to different users. Like a ghost that is haunting the forums.

Language-modifying items would be fun. It should probably be only useable on yourself, because it would be annoying to have your language converted while you are writing a long post. Or, they could be convereted just on display, and not actually saved in a diffrent language.

I plan on making a random-item item, but I'm not sure that we need one per shop.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:04 pm   Reply with quote

Thanks at first ! I hope my idea gets realized...
Maybe I specified wrong: If theres a random item for all shopos you copuld use it, and, by chance, get the insta-kill one someone here made (I forgot who). So the Shops you made, like Goldbobbingtons and so, have one random item for all of them. But a user who has a user shop needs to purchase his own random item for all of his creations, whichs creation - abd selling price equals the average of the price of all his items. The random item of a user shop onlöy turns into items for sale in that shop.
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:56 pm   Reply with quote

bump'd. ... Francis ? Are you doing them now for real ?
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:04 pm   Reply with quote

Don't keep pestering me... it's on my to-do list along with a billion other things. I'll get to it eventually.. maybe.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:08 pm   Reply with quote

I'll just use a Babelfish as a Gemanizer. I like that idea.
A Bucket of Stuff    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:28 am   Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. Sorry for the pestering. I hope your to-do list gets shorter eventually. Geesh, being an admin must be very hard.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback