digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Individual character discussions - Day 25
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:56 am   Reply with quote

It's starting to get a bit hard to keep this up, but don't worry, it'll probably be gone on tomorrow or something.

1st June - Mario
2nd June - Donkey Kong
3rd June - Link
4th June - Samus Aran
5th June - Kirby
6th June - Fox McCloud
7th June - Pikachu
8th June - Marth
9th June - Mr. Game & Watch
10th June - Luigi
11th June - Diddy Kong
12th June - Princess Zelda and Sheik
13th June - Pit
14th June - Meta Knight
15th June - Falco Lombardi
16th June - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard and Pokémon Trainer overall
17th June - Ike
18th June - Solid Snake
19th June - Princess Peach
20th June - Yoshi
21st June - Ganondorf
22nd June - Ice Climbers
23rd June - King Dedede
24th June - Wolf O'Donne
25th June - Lucario
26th June - Ness
27th June - Sonic the Hedgehog
28th June - Bowser
29th June - Wario
30th June - Toon Link
1st July - Robotic Operating Buddy
2nd July - Captain Olimar and Pikmin
3rd July - Captain Falcon
4th July - Jigglypuff
5th July - Lucas

So, for today, it's one more of our underlined characters. You are free to express it if you don't like Lucario and prefer Mewtwo, but still, refrain from any kind of SPAM, bashing and/or flaming to the Lucario users. Do your criticism with constructive ideas and respect.

Now for the questions. Do you find Lucario cool or crappy? Is he worth his position? What are his main strong points? What is the better way to take advantage of aura when battling?

Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:24 am   Reply with quote

HE REPLACED MEWTWO HE SUKZ LOL

The above line is the people I want to just throw off a cliff for complaining about a 35 character roster.

Lucario is pretty sucky at boss batles, and his final smash is pitiful if you don't have 100% on you. The aura is a nice touch, but It can be really unfair if they get to high damage, and you can't kill lucario. Once they're at 200% good luck killing them.
PSI and more    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:55 am   Reply with quote

There are a few reasons he is my primary Main. In the right hands, Lucario is an unstoppable powerhouse. He has great range with all of his attacks, a projectile that can easily KO, a Counter move, and Aura can turn the tide in a match by letting you KO your opponent while they are at lower health. His aerials are also nice, especially his Down Air and Up Air.

It may take sometime to get him down, but it is worth it. Anyone who has faced me as Lucario should agree.
The Domain of Secrets    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:36 am   Reply with quote

I don't really care for Lucario at all...
He's very slow, most of his attacks are projectile-based, and his up-B is barely useful.
Shrowser's Shop    
The #1 Bristle
Dark Bristle

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 am   Reply with quote

To me, Lucario can very much be a dangerous character. Sure his final smash isn't that great, but as he takes damage he becomes very lethal. The one thing that gets me about Lucario is all the people who constantly use his counter move.With his moveset, along with these things, Lucario is overall a really good character.
Dark Bristle's Shop of STUFF!    
Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 am   Reply with quote

Lucario is a good fighter, but he has too much aura type moves.

Doesn't it seem odd that ALL of Lucario's hits is Aura-based? When he's at a high enough damage, just stay away from him, or get a smash orb and end him. They should've shortened the number of moves that are Aura based.

On the bright side, however, he is a great character for beginners, and he has low-powered smash attacks [due to the health decrease varying inversely to his attack power]

I give him a 4 out of 5.
The BroBot Market    
ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:30 am   Reply with quote

Lucario's aura gets stronger each percent he gets, I don't think this was a good idea. It may be related to the cheap fighters like Ike.

Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:51 am   Reply with quote

There are no cheap characters. You guys just plain suck at fighting them because they're too good for you or they have good moves.
Hell    
Lifeless Intellectual
Crappy Shifty Luigi
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 am   Reply with quote

The only cheap character is Pit. Also...
Actions
Bumper has been used on this post!
The BroBot Market    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:23 pm   Reply with quote

Lucario is the one character I cannot fight or fight as. I rely on long-ranged melee characters, combined with strong hits and lots of rolling dodges. Lucario ruins my strategy completely, with aura's improved reach, the most forgiving counter move in the game, and a good deal of comboing prowess that leave me dead in the water.

And I haven't even faught Exuro yet!

I like Mewtwo as a character more, but Lucario's a decent choice.
Actions
Bounced to [link]
Temple of I    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:02 pm   Reply with quote

Creepy Mario wrote:
I don't really care for Lucario at all...
He's very slow, most of his attacks are projectile-based, and his up-B is barely useful.

Are you sure you're tilting the control stick all the way?
Lucario's pretty fast, actually.
Gemstone Goods    
Super Mario
† Awake and Alive †
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:05 pm   Reply with quote

Lucario is pwnage! : D

He totally owns with his final smash! i give him a 5/5.

Smithy
Super Jetfire
Burning

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote

Lucario was unusual to my play style. I use heavier set characters like Bowser and Ganondorf. I played with him for awhile and found that I play rather well with this Master of the Aura.

Lucario is a very risky character. Though he is strongest at 200% damage. He is also very light. At that, if you're not good at dodging and sheilding, you're screwed.

I find Double Team (down+B) very handy in stick situations. I've gotten pretty good with it as of late. Extreme Speed (Up+B) is a nice recovery move, but very frustrating since it doesn't squat damage wise. It should have been based more on the move when used in the actual pokemon game. I guess it was the what balanced out the whole "stronger as it take more damage" sorta thing.

Overall, a complicated but great fighter.

The #1 Bristle
Dark Bristle

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 pm   Reply with quote

Smithy wrote:
Lucario was unusual to my play style. I use heavier set characters like Bowser and Ganondorf. I played with him for awhile and found that I play rather well with this Master of the Aura.

Lucario is a very risky character. Though he is strongest at 200% damage. He is also very light. At that, if you're not good at dodging and sheilding, you're screwed.

I find Double Team (down+B) very handy in stick situations. I've gotten pretty good with it as of late. Extreme Speed (Up+B) is a nice recovery move, but very frustrating since it doesn't squat damage wise. It should have been based more on the move when used in the actual pokemon game. I guess it was the what balanced out the whole "stronger as it take more damage" sorta thing.

Overall, a complicated but great fighter.
Indeed, great words. Although that does bring up my point about people using Double Team too much, especially in tournaments with the many people i've faced who use Lucario. It's actually part of the reason i rarely use the move.
Dark Bristle's Shop of STUFF!    
Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 pm   Reply with quote

Glitz Yoshi wrote:

Lucario is pretty sucky at boss batles, and his final smash is pitiful if you don't have 100% on you. The aura is a nice touch, but It can be really unfair if they get to high damage, and you can't kill lucario. Once they're at 200% good luck killing them.

I find this a bit ironic, as I beat 9 bosses on Intense with him (the furthest I've ever gotten with anyone.)

Lucario is one of my main characters. I actually prefer his fighting style to Mewtwo's.

The only complaints I have are how both Force Palm and ExtremeSpeed have a bit of lag, and ExtremeSpeed doesn't do any damage. The fact that you can control the path in midair makes up for it though.

Lucario's aerial moves are quite easy to use, especially his d-air, which almost always hits. His final smash is a bit weak, but given the right circumstances, it has the potential to do a fair amount of damage to everyone.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl