digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Making downloadable stages/replays

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:12 pm   Reply with quote

I tried sending a few stages I'd made to Larry, but it told me I could only send stages and replays if I registered them as both SSBB friends AND Wii friends. Having to register each and every person's SSBB and Wii codes and only being able to register so many people would be frustrating. But I thought... what if I could take them right from an SD card and upload them? Sure enough, it worked. It's a bit complicated, though, so here's a completely idiot-proof guide. You WILL need an SD card to do this.
  • Make sure there's an SD card in the slot. Duh.
  • Highlight your level in the Stage Builder option. Then go down and select SD Card, then select Copy or Move.
  • Now take out your SD card and put it in a camera, MP3 player, or anything that you can connect to your computer, and do so.
  • Go into the folder "private", then "wii", then "app", then "RSBE", then "st". Your stage should show up as "st_######_####.bin". The first set of numbers is the date you put it on your SD card in YYMMDD format, and the second set is the time you put it on your SD card. You can use that to tell one apart from the others
    when uploading them. DON'T rename the file! I'm not sure what happens if you do, but chances are, the game will ignore it and other people won't be able to put it on their Wii.
  • Copy that file and paste it somewhere else, or just drag it onto your desktop.
  • Upload it. I usually use rapidshare.com to host files that aren't pictures, but you could use MegaUpload, FileFactory, or your own site if you have one.
  • Post it here, preferably in this topic or the official stage builder topic. Don't clutter the Brawl forum and OT with "LOL GUYS CHECK OUT MY SCHWEET STAGE", we have enough "OMG SOMEONE BATTLE ME PLX" topics already.

Theoretically, you could do this with replays and screenshots too, but there's a tool that can convert the screenshots to .jpg so you could just put them on Photobucket or Imageshack. It doesn't work with replays, though, so you'll have to download those just like stages.
(EDIT: You can also decrypt screenshots straight from this site.)

If you're trying to play a stage someone else has made...
  • Download the file. Duh.
  • Connect your SD card and put the stage file in the folder.
  • The file needs to be in \private\wii\app\RSBE\st. You need to name the folders correctly. If you put a stage on your SD card, it'll automatically create all the folders so you don't have to. Just remember to put it in "st".
  • Open the Stage Builder in Brawl, then go down and select SD Card, then Check Contents. Highlight the stage(s) you downloaded, go down ad select Wii Console, then Copy or Move. The stage is now on your Wii for you to use any time you want.

franis stiky topik plx

Last edited by Paper_Waluigi on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
asdf    
Boomer (redundancy!)
Boomer
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:29 pm   Reply with quote

considering my Wii's internet connection is extremely unreliable, this is some great info. thanks, SSSS-BLAM!
Boomer's Explosive Shop    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:42 pm   Reply with quote

Thanks for this Rasto, I was wondering about this, it answered a lot of my questions.
Baby Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 am   Reply with quote

First Test:

http://rapidshare.com/files/98896966/rp_080311_2308.bin.html

This replay is of a match that goes like this...

Special Brawl: FAST, BUNNY HOOD.

Stock: 2 Each.

Items: SMASH BALL only, HIGH appearance frequency

Fighters: Sonic vs. Sonic vs. Sonic vs. Sonic

This showcases my first 'serious' custom stage, Hunting Ground, as well.

Let me know what you think, it's why I submitted this. Ah ha ha.
Dimension D    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:19 am   Reply with quote

This is epic win. This topic should be stickied.
Geno's Tree    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote

Chaos Dimentio wrote:
First Test:

http://rapidshare.com/files/98896966/rp_080311_2308.bin.html

This replay is of a match that goes like this...

Special Brawl: FAST, BUNNY HOOD.

Stock: 2 Each.

Items: SMASH BALL only, HIGH appearance frequency

Fighters: Sonic vs. Sonic vs. Sonic vs. Sonic

This showcases my first 'serious' custom stage, Hunting Ground, as well.

Let me know what you think, it's why I submitted this. Ah ha ha.

Yup, it worked fine. The files go in rp, which should be in RSBE. That was pure, concentrated epic. Mind putting the stage up here too? It looks awesome.
Which reminds me, I saved a replay of a 300% Mega Metal Flower Curry Light Brawl with Lucario only, items set to High, and every item except Blast Boxes turned off. Chaos ensued. I'll upload it soon.
asdf    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:53 am   Reply with quote

And here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/99002639/SSBB.zip.html
This has 2 stages and 2 replays. The other replay is me vs. Larry Koopa. I'm Ike, by the way.
asdf    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm   Reply with quote

Thanks Rasto... Ah ha ha!

Yes, I was just thinking, I forgot to put up the stage itself. I will do just that a little later on today.
Dimension D    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:09 pm   Reply with quote

FALCON....
BUUUUUUMP!
asdf    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Smash Bros. Brawl