digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Final Battle (Low Lvl)
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:58 am   Reply with quote

So... the time has come at last. As you know, I started a 'Low Lvl' playthrough file, in which I skipped gaining as many experience points as I could, so as to maintain as low a level as possible throughout the game. This was to make the game's major bosses much more of a challenge... and it worked quite well, I can say. I've uploaded three videos on YouTube so far, each with boss battles that have proved to be far longer - and more epic - than usual. This is really the whole point here, the reason why I made these vids in the first place - to bring to you as epic a battle as possible. Epic = WIN.

About the video quality: It is easily the worst out of them all, I'm very sorry to say. This was filmed in the dead of night, and what with the black and white color everywhere in this battle, the lighting is the worst here. It may glow overbright once in a while. Thankfully, it doesn't detract as much as I thought it would from the battle itself. Secondly, you'll notice the usual 'TV stripes' - I recorded this on a digital camera, and these are my first YouTube vids. I know they stink in terms of quality, and for that I'm REALLY sorry. x_x Lastly, the angle of the TV monitor is a little tilted, but this is probably the least worrying problem (oh, well actually, there's one more thing to be noted: that sound at the beginning and end of the video is the camera button being pressed).

But enough mention of the negative quality. Allow me to fill you in on the REAL details: the battle itself. Right then... let's do a comparison.

In my regular SPM file, at this point (the final boss fight) I am at Level 20, with 60 maximum HP and 11 attack.

In this 'Low Lvl' playthrough of mine, at this same point I am at Level 7, with 25 maximum HP and 4 attack.

For this battle - I used ONLY Mario, and NO items. Pixl: Thudley. I'm so weak that I don't even do damage to the main body of this boss; I can only inflict any real damage to the head. Since it's so bright and hard to see, I can tell you: every one of those normal stomps of mine dealt 4 damage, and a properly executed Thudley stomp dealt 8. Super Dimentio has 200 HP (eight times the amount that I have).

I have to tell you, this battle seemed much too overwhelming to me - but I decided to give it a shot. Note: this is my first attempt at the boss.

So, are you ready? You're about to witness the most epic battle that I've (personally) ever waged in SPM. Will Mario save the worlds from destruction, or will Dimentio prevail in his mad scheme for total domination? The answer's right here... enjoy!

Dimension D    
Tails Doll

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:08 am   Reply with quote

That was EPIC.
Hell    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:14 pm   Reply with quote

Pure awesome sause. Did you end with 1 HP? I couldn't tell if it was a 4 or a 1. Razz
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:35 pm   Reply with quote

That was epic--nay, LEGENDARY. Kudos to you, CD!

And that was definitely 1 HP--the beeping doesn't get that annoying 'til you get down to 1.
Buzzy Mart    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:31 pm   Reply with quote

That was awesome. Just pure awesome. Steming hot pure awesome sauce.

Wait, you killed yourself ? The irony... Your most powerful form - destroyed by yourself. You are the cleanest bad guy - you cleanly defeat yourself.

OAKTREE !!!
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:46 pm   Reply with quote

...That was... EPIC SAUCE.

You have just gained my eternal respect.
Fiberglass World    
The book
Light Prognosticus
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 10 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:21 pm   Reply with quote

Actually, Super Dimentio should be called Chaos Dimentio, since he uses the Chaos Heart (and Luigi) and the word "Super" is overused.
Light Prognosticus's Magic Shop    
Yellow Magikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:23 pm   Reply with quote

Light Prognosticus wrote:
Actually, Super Dimentio should be called Chaos Dimentio, since he uses the Chaos Heart (and Luigi) and the word "Super" is overused.

If you've even SEEN the Sonic series, you KNOW that the word "Chaos" is used WAY too much.
Pipe Land Goods    
WHO HA HOO HEY HOOM
Paper Luigi
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:27 pm   Reply with quote

The Great Wart wrote:
Light Prognosticus wrote:

If you've even SEEN the Sonic series, you KNOW that the word "Chaos" is used WAY too much.

"CHAOS CONTROL!"
"I'll show you the true power of chaos!"
"The chaos emerald!"
"Chaos spear!"
"Is that what... Chaos control is?"
"I'll show you.... CHAOS... CONTROL!"
"He must be using the chaos emerald to warp!"
"Hand over the chaos emerald."
From here it gets random
"But.... How did you know it was a fake emerald?"
"Because you just told me, fox boy...."
"TAILS!"
PaperLuigi's Inconvienence Store    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:30 pm   Reply with quote

Paper Luigi wrote:
Pure awesome sause. Did you end with 1 HP? I couldn't tell if it was a 4 or a 1. Razz

you cna tell it was 1 because about with 1 minute left the "you're low on HP" sound changed to hte "you have 1 HP left" sound
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:33 pm   Reply with quote

I should do a file like that. I found the final boss easy after all the training I did on my way through the levels...
A Bucket of Stuff    
Count Bleck

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote

Chaos Dimentio wrote:
So... the time has come at last. As you know, I started a 'Low Lvl' playthrough file, in which I skipped gaining as many experience points as I could, so as to maintain as low a level as possible throughout the game. This was to make the game's major bosses much more of a challenge... and it worked quite well, I can say. I've uploaded three videos on YouTube so far, each with boss battles that have proved to be far longer - and more epic - than usual. This is really the whole point here, the reason why I made these vids in the first place - to bring to you as epic a battle as possible. Epic = WIN.

About the video quality: It is easily the worst out of them all, I'm very sorry to say. This was filmed in the dead of night, and what with the black and white color everywhere in this battle, the lighting is the worst here. It may glow overbright once in a while. Thankfully, it doesn't detract as much as I thought it would from the battle itself. Secondly, you'll notice the usual 'TV stripes' - I recorded this on a digital camera, and these are my first YouTube vids. I know they stink in terms of quality, and for that I'm REALLY sorry. x_x Lastly, the angle of the TV monitor is a little tilted, but this is probably the least worrying problem (oh, well actually, there's one more thing to be noted: that sound at the beginning and end of the video is the camera button being pressed).

But enough mention of the negative quality. Allow me to fill you in on the REAL details: the battle itself. Right then... let's do a comparison.

In my regular SPM file, at this point (the final boss fight) I am at Level 20, with 60 maximum HP and 11 attack.

In this 'Low Lvl' playthrough of mine, at this same point I am at Level 7, with 25 maximum HP and 4 attack.

For this battle - I used ONLY Mario, and NO items. Pixl: Thudley. I'm so weak that I don't even do damage to the main body of this boss; I can only inflict any real damage to the head. Since it's so bright and hard to see, I can tell you: every one of those normal stomps of mine dealt 4 damage, and a properly executed Thudley stomp dealt 8. Super Dimentio has 200 HP (eight times the amount that I have).

I have to tell you, this battle seemed much too overwhelming to me - but I decided to give it a shot. Note: this is my first attempt at the boss.

So, are you ready? You're about to witness the most epic battle that I've (personally) ever waged in SPM. Will Mario save the worlds from destruction, or will Dimentio prevail in his mad scheme for total domination? The answer's right here... enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nzht7QLgv8A

That was so epic, I could see it from the Underwhere! Surprised
Count Bleck's Shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:12 pm   Reply with quote

somaewhat related fact: final bosses are epic. and so are final; boss songs!

as evidenced by the ultimate show and this:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=1446405&sub=87001

I love that song and game. and the game's music. it has other songs of equal goodness ism
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Kamek Koopa
Aran Ryan
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:15 pm   Reply with quote

Holy Toledo! That was awesome!
Ammu-Nation!    
Jolene
Legendary Mashine

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:49 pm   Reply with quote

That was epic. I was trying to root for you, but I was like "Go Dimentio!" and then I realised that by rooting for you I wasn't rooting for you. o_o;

I finally settled on "Go Dimentimario" because that makes sense.

Am I making sense?

@___@
Glitz Pit Souvenir Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Super Paper Mario