digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Trophy idea.
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback
Richest user. :D
Super Ultimario

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:04 pm   Reply with quote

Inspired by what somebody posted in Mama Luigi's topic. There should be a Trophy Stand item in the Smash Dojo shop, and it would cost 10 coins. If used on anybody with 15 or less HP and no extra lives, it turns them into a trophy. The member who used the Trophy Stand would get a copy of the trophy in their profiles.

When a member is a trophy, they cannot use items, and they can't un-trophy themselves. However, somebody else can change them back for free, and when turned back, the member is healed to 100 HP, but they can't attack the person who trophy'd them for a week. And you can't turn somebody into a trophy if you already have their trophy.

Once the item is released, everyone can set a small custom image for their own trophy (32x32 or 50x50 pixels would be fine), and that image goes over a small image of a trophy base.

Example:

Also there could be a Trophy Gun item that turns the victim into a trophy regardless of their HP, as long as they have no extra Lives, but uses up 10 MP and costs a lot of coins (200 would be good). It might seem like an overpowered item, but think about it this way: You're spending 10 MP (which could be used instead to heal 50 HP or deal 40 damage) to turn somebody into a trophy, but somebody can revive them to full HP for free.

And you can still have an avatar while you're a trophy.

Anybody like/hate these ideas, or have anything they want to add on to this?
Ultimario Mart!    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

Good, but what if you HAVE no trophy image? Probably a resized avvi.
PSI and more    
Black Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 31 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:28 pm   Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun idea...

Of course, you would have all of Digi as a trophy collection. <.<
The Domain of Secrets    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:35 pm   Reply with quote

Francis would never do it. I think he knows the consequences towards him.
PSI and more    
Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:55 pm   Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea if you ask me.

Super Ultimario

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:09 pm   Reply with quote

Glitz Yoshi wrote:

He could make it so that it doesn't affect him, or he could buy a few extra lives for protection.

Oh, and let's also have it so that you can't attack people you've trophy'd for a week after Trophying them. That way, you can't mercilessly attack them while they can't attack back.

And remember, being Trophy'd is harmless. You can go back to normal by just asking someone. Heck, I might end up un-trophying people right after turning them into trophies. That way, nothing happens to them, I don't annoy anybody, and I get a bunch of trophies.

Exuro wrote:

Yes I would. >=D Except for Nastasia, who has 7 extra Lives. That's even more than I have. D:
Ultimario Mart!    
Flavio
Vampire

HP: 4 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:23 pm   Reply with quote

Freeing people for free? Sorry, but that seems kinda silly.

Perhaps you would have to kill the person who has the trophy first? Or, we could use timed Dedede badges that can restore trophy'd users back?
R!T!E!M! A store of pure win    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:28 pm   Reply with quote

UltiMario wrote:
Glitz Yoshi wrote:

He could make it so that it doesn't affect him, or he could buy a few extra lives for protection.

Oh, and let's also have it so that you can't attack people you've trophy'd for a week after Trophying them. That way, you can't mercilessly attack them while they can't attack back.

And remember, being Trophy'd is harmless. You can go back to normal by just asking someone. Heck, I might end up un-trophying people right after turning them into trophies. That way, nothing happens to them, I don't annoy anybody, and I get a bunch of trophies.

Exuro wrote:

Yes I would. >=D Except for Nastasia, who has 7 extra Lives. That's even more than I have. D:

You WOULD, because you can just kill her a bajillion times. Franis plx remove his swords PLX.
Support'd anyways.
Stuff Mart    
Super Ultimario

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:03 pm   Reply with quote

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
You WOULD, because you can just kill her a bajillion times. Franis plx remove his swords PLX.
Support'd anyways.

I wouldn't, but I could. It'd be a waste of 7 good swords just for a trophy.

And there's no reason Francis should remove my swords. They're just as expensive to make or as powerful as any other -99 HP item.

Quote:
Good, but what if you HAVE no trophy image? Probably a resized avvi.

I forgot about that. If they have no trophy image, you can use a resized version of their avatar or an image of your own.

Quote:
Freeing people for free? Sorry, but that seems kinda silly.

Perhaps you would have to kill the person who has the trophy first? Or, we could use timed Dedede badges that can restore trophy'd users back?

Dedede badges would be a good idea. How about 20 coins?

Also, the reason I had un-trophying people for free is because in the Subspace Emissary, you could just touch the trophy and it'd turn back to normal.

And two more things: Make it possible to throw away trophies, and make it so that if you trophy somebody, you can turn them back for free, as long as you were the guy who trohpy'd them in the first place. That way, I won't cause so much damage and chaos when I start trophying everybody.
Ultimario Mart!    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:16 pm   Reply with quote

according to cut scene names, those guns are called dark guns. =P
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:33 pm   Reply with quote

UltiMario wrote:
Inspired by what somebody posted in Mama Luigi's topic. There should be a Trophy Stand item in the Smash Dojo shop, and it would cost 10 coins. If used on anybody with 15 or less HP and no extra lives, it turns them into a trophy. The member who used the Trophy Stand would get a copy of the trophy in their profiles.

When a member is a trophy, they cannot use items, and they can't un-trophy themselves. However, somebody else can change them back for free, and when turned back, the member is healed to 100 HP, but they can't attack the person who trophy'd them for a week. And you can't turn somebody into a trophy if you already have their trophy.

Once the item is released, everyone can set a small custom image for their own trophy (32x32 or 50x50 pixels would be fine), and that image goes over a small image of a trophy base.

Example:

Also there could be a Dark Gun item that turns the victim into a trophy regardless of their HP, as long as they have no extra Lives, but uses up 10 MP and costs a lot of coins (200 would be good). It might seem like an overpowered item, but think about it this way: You're spending 10 MP (which could be used instead to heal 50 HP or deal 40 damage) to turn somebody into a trophy, but somebody can revive them to full HP for free.

I gathered info and the so called Trophy Gun is really called the Dark Gun the trophy for it says so.

Also that sounds like a good idea.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah this is a good idea and all but I can see this being abused.
Baby Shop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:08 pm   Reply with quote

Vaati wrote:
UltiMario wrote:

Example:

Also there could be a Dark Gun item that turns the victim into a trophy regardless of their HP, as long as they have no extra Lives, but uses up 10 MP and costs a lot of coins (200 would be good). It might seem like an overpowered item, but think about it this way: You're spending 10 MP (which could be used instead to heal 50 HP or deal 40 damage) to turn somebody into a trophy, but somebody can revive them to full HP for free.

I gathered info and the so called Trophy Gun is really called the Dark Gun the trophy for it says so.

Also that sounds like a good idea.

as I said, the cut-scene names say that as well.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Super Ultimario

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:49 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
Yeah this is a good idea and all but I can see this being abused.

10 MP and/or a bunch of coins per trophy + people easily being turned back = Not easily abusable.

Few people have enough coins to abuse it without going broke.

Those few people would be me, and those other rich, multi-thousand coin people, most of which are too busy getting rich from the Bank to spend anything on some useless trophies for their profiles. And I'll go ahead and "abuse" it, but I'll turn people back immediately afterward.

Oh, and in case I didn't make this clear enough, if somebody gets un-trophy'd, the person who trophy'd them still has their trophy in their profile.

So, if I trophy'd Francis, and then he got un-trophy'd by Hario, I'd still have the Francis trophy in my profile. Yay.

EDIT:

It still needs to be resized a bit smaller and transparetized, and possibly improved a little bit, but I'm feeling kinda lazy so I'm not doing it now.
Ultimario Mart!    
YagamiMirror
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:33 pm   Reply with quote

It's a good idea, but..I feel like it's going to be abused.
Andy's Shack    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Feedback