digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

What is wrong with my computer??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:45 pm   Reply with quote

I want to open Firefox, but recently my computer's been having a mind of its own. I'll click on the Firefox icon and the cursor will do its "processing" animation. But, after about 5 seconds, it stops and Firefox doesn't load. At all. So I clicked on Safari, and it worked. My computer's been deciding what it wants to run and when, and it's starting to piss me off.

I already wiped the damn thing once, and because its graphics driver failed on me, I had to go out and buy a card (which wasn't a terrible thing, because now I can play good games). I've had this computer about a year and 2 months, and it will slow down randomly, it always seems to be "thinking" because its making clicky noises like CRAZY, and it sometimes won't get passed the "logging" off stage of shutting down, leaving it logging off all night, forcing me to hold in the power button until it shuts down the incorrect way.

My dad bought this piece of shit and I'm paying for it, literally. I've complained to Gateway a bunch of times and they're more useless than the Windows help thing.

I don't know what the hell to do, because it's not like I can just go out and spend $2000 on a new computer that won't fail.
Geno's Tree    
bloodthirstypedomonster
Barry the Pixl
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm   Reply with quote

Probably a virus...
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:02 pm   Reply with quote

Barry the Pixl wrote:
Probably a virus...
I should have mentioned that I scan for viruses every day, and I never get any results. So, it's not a virus.
Geno's Tree    
bloodthirstypedomonster
Barry the Pixl
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 2 Lives: 11

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
Barry the Pixl wrote:
Probably a virus...
I should have mentioned that I scan for viruses every day, and I never get any results. So, it's not a virus.
Just because you scan everyday, totally convinces you that you don't have a virus? It's probably a trojan, hiding from your anti-virus program.
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 pm   Reply with quote

Barry the Pixl wrote:
Geno wrote:
Barry the Pixl wrote:
Probably a virus...
Just because you scan everyday, totally convinces you that you don't have a virus? It's probably a trojan, hiding from your anti-virus program.
Well, it usually finds trojans on the off-chance I ever got one. And I don't see how I could get one anymore. I only visit Digibutter and play Counter Strike or other games, and use Flash, or Word... or something.
Geno's Tree    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:41 pm   Reply with quote

Isn't that are belong in Hi-Technical Support?

Goomba
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 1 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 pm   Reply with quote

It might be you RAM. Go to task manager and press the performance tab.

There should be a category called "Physical Memory". Tell me what the number is next to "Free".
Goomba's Goombalicious Goods    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:03 pm   Reply with quote

Goomba wrote:
It might be you RAM. Go to task manager and press the performance tab.

There should be a category called "Physical Memory". Tell me what the number is next to "Free".
Damn, I just turned it off. D:

And I don't know why I didn't put this into Hi-Technical Support. If someone wants to move it, feel free. Smile

I'll get the free space number tomorrow once I'm not on my laptop and back on my normal computer.
Geno's Tree    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Hi-Technical Support