digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Guilty Gear Accent Core for the Wii

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

HP: 70 MP: 5 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:09 am   Reply with quote

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/12616/Guilty_Gear_Wii_Screenshots.html

This is definitely a game ANYONE should get. The series is simply pure gold. There's no way to NOT like it, I'm afraid. It's 2-D fighting at it's best... no 3rd dimension to screw it up (like Soul Caliber >_>), and no worrying about ring-outs (imo the cheapest way to win a fight...)

Guilty Gear is pretty much known for it's assortment of... odd characters. A boy raised to be a girl who fights with yo-yo's and a teddy bear (Bridget), a girl who fights with HER HAIR (Millia), and a man who is possessed by spirits (Zappa) are just a few of these amazingly unique fighters.

Whether you are a combo memorizer or a button masher, this series is definitely a good one. You'll love it.

My scores on the game:

Graphics: 9/10 - they are utterly impressive

Control: ?/10 - there is no confirmed control scheme for the game... let's hope it works on the wii well?

Sound: 8/10 - Pretty standard fighting game sound effects... grunting and such... the music itself is pretty unique though.

Gameplay: 9/10 - after seeing just a few videos of the gameplay, I am QUITE impressed.

video of character combos

rawrshop    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:15 am   Reply with quote

HAH! I don't like! I don't like 2-d fighters, short of smash bros. although the combos in guilty gear games look and sound cool, there's no way I'd ever be able to do anything like that anyway.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 am   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
HAH! I don't like! I don't like 2-d fighters, short of smash bros. although the combos in guilty gear games look and sound cool, there's no way I'd ever be able to do anything like that anyway.

Then don't get it. Different people like different games.
rawrshop    
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:33 am   Reply with quote

Whatever! Street Fighter is still the king! E.Honda FTW See!
Popple's Secret Hideout    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:42 am   Reply with quote

Bridget wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

actually, I was targeting where you said it was impossible not to like it. but it looka kinda cool, I may look into it.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:17 pm   Reply with quote

Pure-??? wrote:
Bridget wrote:
Pure-??? wrote:

actually, I was targeting where you said it was impossible not to like it. but it looka kinda cool, I may look into it.

I suppose it's possible not to like it... but that's only if you've never played it. Which you haven't.
rawrshop    

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:48 am   Reply with quote

I must get it!! Hopefully it will have A.B.A! -crosses fingers- She's my favorite since I bought Isuka. She made that investment worth it. I must get this game o-o I want it NOW!

Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:51 am   Reply with quote

gcnkirby wrote:
I must get it!! Hopefully it will have A.B.A! -crosses fingers- She's my favorite since I bought Isuka. She made that investment worth it. I must get this game o-o I want it NOW!

I'm fairly sure it does.
rawrshop    

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:00 am   Reply with quote

Heck yes! I want dear Paracelsus to come back. . . That lovely lovely. . . Key. . .

But yes. GG has always been a good fighting game series. And people have different tastes in games. And some really picky people have specific tastes in fighting games. . . I actually like GG's uniqueness when it comes to graphics. They're just plain out awesome. And the strange characters galore... I think thats what makes GG so awesome. Everyone just has some sort of crazy awesome story to tell.

But I think I speak for all of us nowadays when I say, I'm glad that we support twin babies! And those who don't. . . Who knows. . .

Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:02 am   Reply with quote

gcnkirby wrote:
Heck yes! I want dear Paracelsus to come back. . . That lovely lovely. . . Key. . .

But yes. GG has always been a good fighting game series. And people have different tastes in games. And some really picky people have specific tastes in fighting games. . . I actually like GG's uniqueness when it comes to graphics. They're just plain out awesome. And the strange characters galore... I think thats what makes GG so awesome. Everyone just has some sort of crazy awesome story to tell.

But I think I speak for all of us nowadays when I say, I'm glad that we support twin babies! And those who don't. . . Who knows. . .

huh?
rawrshop    

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:05 am   Reply with quote

You evil twin child you! Shuuun! Come on, story mode for Bridget. . . Stuff about twins being a bad omen, Bridget being one of those twins. Thats why he was raised as a girl o-o At least thats what my game tells me. o-o

Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:07 am   Reply with quote

gcnkirby wrote:
You evil twin child you! Shuuun! Come on, story mode for Bridget. . . Stuff about twins being a bad omen, Bridget being one of those twins. Thats why he was raised as a girl o-o At least thats what my game tells me. o-o

Twins of the same gender. And that's only in his village.
rawrshop    

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:12 am   Reply with quote

Thats what I meant! But I support twins! Anyways. . . My brain's been making incomplete thoughts all night xD Simple topic time!

Any news on when it's coming out? I couldn't find it on the site. . . Maybe I'm just blind or something...

Burn them out
rawrskey
Benned Vampire
Benned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:19 am   Reply with quote

gcnkirby wrote:
Thats what I meant! But I support twins! Anyways. . . My brain's been making incomplete thoughts all night xD Simple topic time!

Any news on when it's coming out? I couldn't find it on the site. . . Maybe I'm just blind or something...

no known date, I assume. It's only confirmed that it's coming for the wii and the ps2.
rawrshop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews