digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

So I was facing this ghost online...(glitch?)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:04 pm   Reply with quote

I faced this ghost on Dry Dry Ruins (It was a Mario on a Sprinter) and I was using Funky (I didn't bother checking this guys's time)
and when the ghost race started...I was ahead and he...didn't even use the rocket booost. In fact, he just stood there for a few seconds. And when he got to the line for the next lap, he just stood there. And just as I was about to finish the race...I was sure I would win. Guess what, I didn't, it says I lost. I thnk he either A)cheated or B) took advantage of some sort of glitch (Remember Frappe Snowland glitch from N64?)
yeah...thats one ghost I lost to...
sorry if I didn't word it correctly...but in short, second lap he stood there and prolly did something, and somehow skipped a lap
Baby Shop    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:13 pm   Reply with quote

Actually, that happened a lot before the US release.
The Worldwide record on a lot of the track just had the person do a single lap (quite poorly) and then turn around on the finish line (on the 2nd lap), and stay there. Yet they had the world record, even when the timer said it was past their recorded time.
Luckily, that record was gone by the next day.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:17 pm   Reply with quote

Elzilcho wrote:
Actually, that happened a lot before the US release.
The Worldwide record on a lot of the track just had the person do a single lap (quite poorly) and then turn around on the finish line (on the 2nd lap), and stay there. Yet they had the world record, even when the timer said it was past their recorded time.
Luckily, that record was gone by the next day.

so...its like some sort of glitch? since...usually doing that wont' let you complete a lap
Baby Shop    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:22 pm   Reply with quote

Small Sammer Guy wrote:
so...its like some sort of glitch? since...usually doing that wont' let you complete a lap
I would've said it's more likely to be hax than a glitch, but iDunno

The game hadn't 'registered' that they had completed more than one lap at all.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Mandew
Manjew

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:08 pm   Reply with quote

I think I know that glitch.

If you go off-road a bit after the finish line, the Lakitu might dump you in front of it, and the game will register that you went all the way through the course to go there. As such, when passing the finish line, it records that you did a complete lap.
Wario Land Shop!    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:18 pm   Reply with quote

Mandew wrote:
I think I know that glitch.

If you go off-road a bit after the finish line, the Lakitu might dump you in front of it, and the game will register that you went all the way through the course to go there. As such, when passing the finish line, it records that you did a complete lap.
Well, I experienced this when looking at a Luigi Circuit ghost, which you cannot fall off of.
Z.I.L.C.H.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Mario Kart Wii