digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Could Earth bound(Mother 1) have been rated?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 am   Reply with quote

(source:http://wiifii.net/)

First off, let me explain some EarthBound lingo:

The series is called Mother in Japan. The Mother 1 in America was developed under the name Earth Bound (with a space). It was ultimately never marketed, but Nintendo auctioned off three prototype cartridges.

Later, Mother 2 was released as Earthbound in America. It did not sell well, but gained an enormous cult following.

After some reading on the Starmen.net forums, I came across a topic showing that Mother 3 (known to many Americans as EarthBound 2) is officially recognized as EarthBound 3 by Nintendo of America.

In light of the recent ESRB rating for EarthBound, something struck me. What if Earth Bound (aka, EarthBound Zero, Mother) was actually rated instead of EarthBound (aka Mother 2)?

Discussion here: http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=47477
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:26 am   Reply with quote

What do you mean by "rated" like, ESRB, or something that I don't get?
Milton Games    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:32 am   Reply with quote

Pokémoneinstein wrote:
What do you mean by "rated" like, ESRB, or something that I don't get?
ESRB
darkzero's Bargain shop    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:02 am   Reply with quote

Ok. Why could Earth Bound have been rated instead of EarthBound?
Milton Games    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:29 am   Reply with quote

Because they might be working to release the whole trilogy, starting with the FIRST game.

lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:40 am   Reply with quote

YoshiAngemon wrote:
Because they might be working to release the whole trilogy, starting with the FIRST game.
The first of the trilogy isn't Earthbound, you know...
Shrowser's Shop    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 am   Reply with quote

Creepy Mario wrote:
YoshiAngemon wrote:
It was, Technically, The game was called "Earth Bound", Not earthbound, And Earth Bound was originally going to be released, but didn't see the light of day until they sold the cartridges. I guess they are calling EB zero Earth bound now.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
lolz
Shrowser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:32 am   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
YoshiAngemon wrote:
It was, Technically, The game was called "Earth Bound", Not earthbound, And Earth Bound was originally going to be released, but didn't see the light of day until they sold the cartridges. I guess they are calling EB zero Earth bound now.
Nonetheless, that's not the "Earthbound" that we all know and love. That's MOTHER/EarthBound Zero. There's a pretty big difference. D:
Shrowser's Shop    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 am   Reply with quote

Creepy Mario wrote:
darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
YoshiAngemon wrote:
Nonetheless, that's not the "Earthbound" that we all know and love. That's MOTHER/EarthBound Zero. There's a pretty big difference. D:
Earthbound zero was never it's official name, It was earthbound, Demiforce just added the zero.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
lolz
Shrowser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:58 am   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
YoshiAngemon wrote:
Earthbound zero was never it's official name, It was earthbound, Demiforce just added the zero.
-_-

Here they are by official name in order:
MOTHER, EarhBound, MOTHER 3
Shrowser's Shop    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:00 am   Reply with quote

Creepy Mario wrote:
darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
YoshiAngemon wrote:
-_-

Well, NOA recognizes MOTHER 3 as Earthbound 3, That makes MOTHER 1 Earthbound, and MOTHER 2 Earthbound 2 :p
darkzero's Bargain shop    
lolz
Shrowser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:03 am   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
darkzero wrote:
Creepy Mario wrote:
YoshiAngemon wrote:
-_-

Well, NOA recognizes MOTHER 3 as Earthbound 3, That makes MOTHER 1 Earthbound, and MOTHER 2 Earthbound 2 :p
Well, either way, Nintendo's system of labeling games is cragged up, so...

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure that they really rated "EarthBound" as in, "MOTHER 2" or "the one with Ness". Nothing has been said about the first one, ever. The second one has a bigger system of followers.
Shrowser's Shop    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:11 pm   Reply with quote

Either way, when Mother 1 & 2 gets released on VC, it'll all get fixed. Instead of the SNES EarthBound game to be coming out, it'll end up re-localized as "EarthBound 2!" And any mention of "EarthBound 2" in the Original will be referenced to "EarthBound 3," starring Lucas!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews