digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

The Things We Know About Portal 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
See?
Popple

HP: 99 MP: 8 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:10 am   Reply with quote

1. Cave Johnson, the owner of Aperture, will somehow be involved.

2. It is confirmed that Aperture will have will have a role in Half Life 2 Episode 3, this means there is a very good chance the next Portal could be a prequel.

3. GLaDOS mentioned that she had Chell's brain scanned. This may mean that the Chell in Portal 1 is actually a clone. This would also explain the writings on the walls, she may have been able to escape farther into the center in a previous time. Perhaps her origins will be explained in the sequel?

4. GLaDOS was not always evil. It is in fact possible that she could be an ally depending on her role in 2, if there is one? Could she have felt some connection to Chell? Is that why she continually kept her going through tests?

5. The portal gun was not completed until after GLaDOS was finished. This means that if the game is a prequel, that she will have to be involved.

6. There are several slight references throughout the game that may indicate Chell's prior ties to Aperture, though they are by no means true.

7. Since Aperture was competing with Black Mesa when GLaDOS took over, as indicated by the slideshows, this means if the game is a prequel it will take place before Half-Life 1.

This is all based on rumors and information from both the game and the Aperture site.

By no means is any of this true.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

HP: 71 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:18 pm   Reply with quote

The World's Best Sniper wrote:
GLaDOS mentioned that she had Chell's brain scanned.

This is true, but she was using it as a threat. And at that point, she was just making up things to discourage Chell. So there's a good chance she was simply lying about that, but there's also a chance she wasn't. Not everything GLaDOS was saying then was a lie, but I have a feeling that was. Probably because she deleted it without hesitation.
Boo's Mansion    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:32 pm   Reply with quote

Homeo wrote:

This is true, but she was using it as a threat. And at that point, she was just making up things to discourage Chell. So there's a good chance she was simply lying about that, but there's also a chance she wasn't. Not everything GLaDOS was saying then was a lie, but I have a feeling that was. Probably because she deleted it without hesitation.

But think about it.
Her morality was gone, so she would see no real regrets to deleting Chell's backup memory.
Gemstone Goods    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:34 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
Homeo wrote:

But think about it.
Her morality was gone, so she would see no real regrets to deleting Chell's backup memory.
She was also malfunctioning, so the file could have been real, or it could have just been a lie, like the cake.
DISGUISE KIT    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:37 pm   Reply with quote

Medic wrote:
Spiny wrote:
Homeo wrote:

But think about it.
She was also malfunctioning, so the file could have been real, or it could have just been a lie, like the cake.
The cake is real actually. o3o
Junk shop    
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:58 pm   Reply with quote

Spiny wrote:
Homeo wrote:

But think about it.

Yes, but I'm sure GLaDOS must of had some reason to keep it. Not for Chell, but for herself. After all, as Popple said, it could have been a clone. Surely she would have some reason to clone Chell, some reason to be the least bit hesitant.
Boo's Mansion    
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote

Oh, and for awhile I've thought that she only says this if it isn't your first playthrough, but I think she always says it. That means that it actually means something.

GLaDOS wrote:
Hello, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Center.

So, yeah, the player is probably a clone of Chell. Probably.

On the discussion of Portal stuff, I'd like to point out this, I'm currently reading it.

Last edited by Chin Fish on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boo's Mansion    
RaveRaze
Mana7
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:24 pm   Reply with quote

Homeo wrote:
Spiny wrote:
Homeo wrote:

But think about it.

Yes, but I'm sure GLaDOS must of had some reason to keep it. Not for Chell, but for herself. After all, as Popple said, it could have been a clone. Surely she would have some reason to clone Chell, some reason to be the least bit hesitant.

She would want to keep the memories for the data. I mean it was all an experiment in the first place it would have been worthless if she didnt have any data
Choco's    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:48 pm   Reply with quote

Homeo wrote:

But there was just as much a chance she was lying about deleting it.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
I TROL U
Mantis15

HP: 100 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:18 pm   Reply with quote

Homeo wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:
Hello, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Center.
Holy crap how did I not hear that before?
Relations 'R' Us    
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm   Reply with quote

Mantis15 wrote:
Homeo wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:
Holy crap how did I not hear that before?

I know, I only heard it after replaying the game. And then, I thought GLaDOS was just breaking the fourth wall.
Boo's Mansion    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:33 pm   Reply with quote

Also, her song "Still Alive" is either praising Chell because they both survived, and are free(But GLaDOS is using the term lightly when refering to herself), or she's proving that she's an endless well of biting sarcasm, and that you fail at killing a computer that was hanging RIGHT THERE INFRONT OF YOU.
Gemstone Goods    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:34 pm   Reply with quote

The fact of the matter is, even with all these seeds leading into what could be Portal 2, the fact still remains that Valve is not yet concrete on how Portal will fit into the Half-Life universe or even continue in the next game.

Or so they say.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
There's only one
Chin Fish
Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:55 pm   Reply with quote

The fact of the matter is, even with all these seeds leading into what could be Portal 2, the fact still remains that Valve is not yet concrete on how Portal will fit into the Half-Life universe or even continue in the next game.

Or so they say.

Hopefully Chell (the android/clone, apparently) will appear in Episode Three or Half-Life 3 as an NPC. Though I'd prefer Gordon not get to use the Portal Gun, Chell can hang on to that.
Boo's Mansion    
See?
Popple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:01 pm   Reply with quote

Thank yo8u for posting that article.

It concreted all of my claims as well as giving me some new ones. That "CJohnson" username really is telling, along with GLaDOS's suicidal intentions which work right into the theories I have already developed.
Popple's Secret Hideout    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming