digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Hey, remember that I'm a transgirl?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:37 am   Reply with quote

After seeing Tyler and Creepy Mario post with agreement that they believe I am 'pretending' to be a girl, I suggested that they research transgenderism further if they were interested at all in better understanding of the matter. It seems they don't like me as much now because I'm a transgirl, which is a shame, but it also got me to wondering. Who here... gets it? As in knows SOMETHING about transgenderism, or understands enough by what I may have explained to be able to respect me as a girl and know why it's respectful to do so? And who likes me less because I'm a transgirl? Just curious.
Dimension D    
Silver~

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:57 am   Reply with quote

well, essentially, it's basically what you've been saying for awhile, you're a guy on the outside, but you think, act, and prefer to be refered to as a woman, which by that logic makes you one IMO. I certianly don't like you less for it, if anything, I like you more for not being afraid to be so open about it. (:
Shiggy's Stuff    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 am   Reply with quote

Super64 wrote:
well, essentially, it's basically what you've been saying for awhile, you're a guy on the outside, but you think, act, and prefer to be refered to as a woman, which by that logic makes you one IMO. I certianly don't like you less for it, if anything, I like you more for not being afraid to be so open about it. (:

Yes, I prefer to be open about it in counter to people thinking of it as something 'taboo' - I'd rather not have it considered something to be ashamed of mentioning, as if it's a terrible thing. You basically have the general idea behind it, and I also thank you sincerely for your understanding and respect. =)
Dimension D    
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:15 am   Reply with quote

As long as you don't think it disrespectful if I refer to you as "he". I originally knew you as a "he" (and Dimentio is a "he"). Old habits die hard, and I can't keep up with all the gender changes around here.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:16 am   Reply with quote

I didn't say I thought you were still a guy, I just said I liked the old you better. Now that you're... a girl... You're not as fun and happy as you were before. It's not just you even. It's all of digibutter.
Shrowser's Shop    
hai
Spiny

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:21 am   Reply with quote

You can trust that I still respect ya.
Gemstone Goods    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:24 am   Reply with quote

Also, if you want people to not be pissed off about forgetting which gender you are, stop correcting everyone that calls you a "he". I know you've done that to me tons of times before and it's really annoying.
Shrowser's Shop    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 am   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
As long as you don't think it disrespectful if I refer to you as "he". I originally knew you as a "he" (and Dimentio is a "he"). Old habits die hard, and I can't keep up with all the gender changes around here.

Well, I'm not 'changing' my gender, though I will be changing my sex eventually. It's fine if you call me 'he' or something, and it's a mistake rather than with direct intent (because you forgot). I'll give you the time you need to get used to it.

Creepy Mario wrote:
Also, if you want people to not be pissed off about forgetting which gender you are, stop correcting everyone that calls you a "he". I know you've done that to me tons of times before and it's really annoying.

Oh, I didn't know I was pissing people off. I haven't corrected people tons of times, I've actually abstained from it a lot of times though because I didn't want to annoy people. If I corrected you, it hasn't been a 'ton' of times, but I'm sorry if it's 'pissed you off' or anything. I won't do it anymore, and I just hope that if you call me 'he' or something it's a mistake rather than directly intentional now that you know my situation. Oh yeah, and I am quite as happy as I've ever been, excepting my times of depression. ^^
Dimension D    
Luigi is the best Pokémon
LoudKid

HP: 98 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:45 pm   Reply with quote

I'm the kind of person who will express my opinion, but will not try to force it upon anyone. And so:

I think its weird, and not natural, but I really don't care that much. Hell, if I have a few friends who are furry or gay, there's not much I can do but be tolerant in this situation.
Captain Geno's Pogeymans Shop    
High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 am   Reply with quote

I don't really know anything about it, and I don't want to do it to my self, but you're you, and I'm fine with it.
Lapin Angelique    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger