digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

I dropped my PS3, and lived to tell the story
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Elite Nerr
Francis

HP: 50 MP: 3 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 pm   Reply with quote

I brought my PS3 over to a friends house to play various multiplayer games like Warhawk (which is awesome BTW). As I was loading my car to come home this morning, I stupidly was carrying the PS3 in a plastic bag, just seconds before I begin to place it in the car the bag rips and the PS3 falls a few feet and crashes with a slight bounce. The sexy piano black face resting on the dirty harsh concrete driveway.

I saw my TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS flash before my eyes. The whole way home I was dreading hooking it back up only to find out it is dead. But, thankfully that did not happen. The PS3 booted up and loaded a game just fine. There is a gash on one of the corners, and the sleek finish is slightly scratched, but it survived.

Moral of the story: Don't carry your expensive (and heavy) console in a plastic bag. Or even better, just tell your friends to buy their own dang PS3.
Francis' Fort Garage Sale    
Elzilcho
ohclizlE
Burning Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 pm   Reply with quote

What a THRILLING tale!

That must've been really hard to watch that happen but I'm glad it still works.
Is that why they're so expensive? They're made out of some ultra-heavy, plastic-ripping material that is also strong?
Z.I.L.C.H.    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:14 pm   Reply with quote

$299?

What?
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:19 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
$299?

What?

Well, $399 with a free $100 gift card which I immediately used on gas and groceries.
http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=94952
Soviet-Mudkipz Leader
Super Amigo

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 pm   Reply with quote

Just goes to show that plastic bags suck.
Werehogs Moonlight shop    
ChaosStar
Super Scourge
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 9 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:22 pm   Reply with quote

How many consoles DO you have?

Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:26 pm   Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Tyler wrote:
$299?

What?

Well, $399 with a free $100 gift card which I immediately used on gas and groceries.
http://digibutter.nerr.biz/viewtopic.php?t=94952
Sweet Underwhere, I missed it, didn't I?
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:20 pm   Reply with quote

Seriously dude, putting it in a PLASTIC BAG? WHAT THE HELL? Seriously, I take my Wii and 360 to a gaming tournament EVERY WEEK and that never happens. Why? Because I put it in a BACK-PACK not a PLASTIC BAG. But, I'm glad you're ok, If I were you, I would send it to Sony (if you have a warrenty, if not, you should start considering it) and fix up the faceplate.
Koop    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:50 pm   Reply with quote

LUCKY. :D
Anyway, something similar happened. I dropped a ceramic mug. It landed on it's bottem perfectly and BOUNCED(about .03 of an inch though) and didn't break. Mmm... actually, not very similar. Anyway, lets hope nothing happened to it that may effect it's future performance.
Junk shop    
Lvl. 97 Butt Whomper
Super SlimeKnight
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:51 pm   Reply with quote

DOn't they make carrying cases? Those are, what, $25?
SlimeKnight's Castle    
Chocolate Kirby
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:54 pm   Reply with quote

My heart would've stopped for a few seconds if that happened to me. I'm glad it's okay!

Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:45 pm   Reply with quote

Teh Sniper wrote:
Seriously dude, putting it in a PLASTIC BAG? WHAT THE HELL? Seriously, I take my Wii and 360 to a gaming tournament EVERY WEEK and that never happens. Why? Because I put it in a BACK-PACK not a PLASTIC BAG. But, I'm glad you're ok, If I were you, I would send it to Sony (if you have a warrenty, if not, you should start considering it) and fix up the faceplate.
YOUR INSANE, MOVING A 360. DONT YOU KNOW THOSE SHOULDNT BE MOVED EXCEPT WITH THE UTMOST CARE!?
DISGUISE KIT    
Negi-chama
Super Tsuki
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:47 pm   Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Teh Sniper wrote:
YOUR INSANE, MOVING A 360. DONT YOU KNOW THOSE SHOULDNT BE MOVED EXCEPT WITH THE UTMOST CARE!?
Actually, you should never touch them like that. My cousin's broke because he dropped a fork on it. BAM, it blew out like a light, and was smoking.
Junk shop    
woooooo
iceball3

HP: 98 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:26 pm   Reply with quote

i've dropped a psp into the bathroom toilet once and it survived.
Ice Shop    
Elite Nerr
Francis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:33 am   Reply with quote

Teh Sniper wrote:

It wouldnt fit in my backpack Sad
I doubt Sony would fix cosmetic problems caused by my stupidity.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming