digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Stop n' Swop will be completed in the XBL arcade version?
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:08 am   Reply with quote

Quote:
But the game isn't all about veering from the series' roots. In fact, you can connect to the series' roots when the original Banjo-Kazooie for Xbox Live Arcade is released later this year. The unfinished Stop 'N' Swop feature will finally be completed for this iteration, meaning the two games will be able to interact with each other.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/banjokazooie/news.html?sid=6193750&mode=recent

I'm definatly buying the original for the stop n swop.
Though, I bet it'll probably just give you new parts :/
Ornaments    
Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:52 pm   Reply with quote

ASDFFGSFDS MAJOR DO WANT DETECTED

Errm, yeah. I really want this now.
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:52 pm   Reply with quote

I lost respect for Rare even more now. They complete it for the not-yet-fans, and leave the original fans in the dust.
Geno's Tree    
Typhoon
Typhoon™
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:57 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
I lost respect for Rare even more now. They complete it for the not-yet-fans, and leave the original fans in the dust.
:/ Boo-*crag*-hoo, They don't release it on the virtual console.
Ornaments    
Chocolate Kirby
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 pm   Reply with quote

Too bad I don't have an Xbox. :(

TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 am   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:

So you're saying they should have just left it unfinished? Sure, that'd make a lot of sense. They can't go magically fixing it in everyone's old N64 cartridges, you know.
What is Stop 'n' Swop anyway? Very Happy
asdf    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:36 am   Reply with quote

TooManyToasters wrote:
Geno wrote:

So you're saying they should have just left it unfinished? Sure, that'd make a lot of sense. They can't go magically fixing it in everyone's old N64 cartridges, you know.
It would allow you to switch data With BK, BK Tooie, and DK64 by activating Stop N' Swap in BK, You had to change cartridges while the N64 was on for it to take effect, But because of redesigns with the N64 in 1999, They had to remove it from BK Tooie and DK.

The stuff that you could swap in the games were some eggs that would give you new features in BK Tooie, and the Ice key, Which would allow you to open an ice door.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
(No Title)
WIRE MAN

HP: 10 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote

darkzero wrote:
TooManyToasters wrote:
Geno wrote:

It would allow you to switch data With BK, BK Tooie, and DK64 by activating Stop N' Swap in BK, You had to change cartridges while the N64 was on for it to take effect, But because of redesigns with the N64 in 1999, They had to remove it from BK Tooie and DK.

The stuff that you could swap in the games were some eggs that would give you new features in BK Tooie, and the Ice key, Which would allow you to open an ice door.
Wait,what did it have to do with DK64? I never heard that before.
Siarnaq's Hideout    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:14 pm   Reply with quote

TooManyToasters wrote:
Geno wrote:

I'm not saying fix it for the N64, but they shouldn't fix it for the XBOX, because Stop N' Swap was one of the most mysterious things in any classic game. Looking for ways to get to the Ice Key was one of the best things to do in the game.
Geno's Tree    
Shadow Kingdom
Spell Seal
Burning

HP: 80 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:27 pm   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:
TooManyToasters wrote:
Geno wrote:

I'm not saying fix it for the N64, but they shouldn't fix it for the XBOX, because Stop N' Swap was one of the most mysterious things in any classic game. Looking for ways to get to the Ice Key was one of the best things to do in the game.
So they should leave the game unfinished and screw over the 360 owners? Microsoft doesnt do that.
DISGUISE KIT    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:34 pm   Reply with quote

Wait, this could lead to many possibilities.

You could possibly buy other old Rare games in the future.
Stuff Mart    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:48 pm   Reply with quote

Great...now this makes me want a 360 even more. T_T
Some store that sells shit    
darkzero
Rusty Shackleford
Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:51 pm   Reply with quote

WIRE MAN wrote:
darkzero wrote:
TooManyToasters wrote:
Geno wrote:

Wait,what did it have to do with DK64? I never heard that before.
I already explained it.
darkzero's Bargain shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:53 pm   Reply with quote

Slowslash wrote:
Geno wrote:
TooManyToasters wrote:
Geno wrote:

So they should leave the game unfinished and screw over the 360 owners? Microsoft doesnt do that.
Eh, whatever.

I still hate 'em.
Geno's Tree    
bottles98

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote

Geno wrote:

So you're saying that the only people that will be playing it on the 360 aren't original fans?

Lack of logic ftl.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming News & Reviews