digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Least favorite game genre?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
DAT ASS
Arson

HP: 89 MP: 0 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:15 pm   Reply with quote

What type of games do you like the least? For example, I really don't like rhythm games(DDR, GH, Elite Beat Agents).
Closed.    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:17 pm   Reply with quote

Arson wrote:
What type of games do you like the least? For example, I really don't like rhythm games(DDR, GH, Elite Beat Agents).

How Can You Not Like Guitar Hero!?

*Clears Throat* Anyways, I don't really care for "Adventure" Games.
Die4Less Corp.    
Soviet-Mudkipz Leader
Super Amigo

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:30 pm   Reply with quote

Anything that contains blocks (looks at tetris)
Werehogs Moonlight shop    
Parabuzzy Queen
Macha

HP: 10 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 pm   Reply with quote

FPS. I don't play enough of them to get the hang of the controls.
Buzzy Mart    
Bremmy
R. S. Buzzy

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:06 pm   Reply with quote

JRPGs.
Heff T.'s Fridge    
(:
Tayl

HP: 98 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:15 pm   Reply with quote

Can't really think of a genre...anything without a plot, seeing as that's what attracts me to most games. So; games just for minigames, sports games, and those games they make for the purpose of wasting time. The Mario Party/Sports games, WarioWare, Cooking Mama, and Animal Crossing are pretty much the only exceptions.

Or, if a game has a horribly generic and overused plot {Mario saving Peach in nearly every Mario game is the big exception}, has a plot that doesn't fit into the game, or something else that involves mangling a plot or keeping it away from it's full potential.

Also, I despise any game based off of a TV Show/Movie/wha'ever.

Last edited by Tayl on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
~The Shop with Stuff~    
and I control the decks
carfilledwithfish

HP: 88 MP: 7 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:16 pm   Reply with quote

Turn-based RPGs. There are a couple exceptions, (Mario RPGs, Earthbound, Pokemon) but the majority of them just bore me.
Sports games.
Games that consist of nothing but mini-games. Except for Wario Ware, but I'm not a huge fan of that either.

That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:33 pm   Reply with quote

Shooting games that aren't 2-d.
Sports games.
Games with terrible plots. I don't mind little to no plot, because then at least nothing's getting in my way of the game itself.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:08 am   Reply with quote

If it involves a large amount of exploration, I dislike it. Which is why I never really got into OOT (I'll play it now for the puzzle aspect of the dungeons, as well as the plot, but everything else is pretty bland to me). There's just...nothingness. Emptiness. There's no point to it, you don't go anywhere, you just run around like a headless chicken trying to figure out how to stay alive and progress, but nothing ever happens. No plot progression, no gameplay, no exciting suprises, just...wandering and killing the same old enemies fifty times over. This is why I have a distaste for all Metroid games.

Delfino Plaza was an exception before I ran around it for two hours due to boredom. I think that's when I became a sadistic Yoshi-killer.
Temple of I    
That rich guy
Pure-???
Vampire

HP: 88 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:26 am   Reply with quote

Mister I wrote:
If it involves a large amount of exploration, I dislike it. Which is why I never really got into OOT (I'll play it now for the puzzle aspect of the dungeons, as well as the plot, but everything else is pretty bland to me). There's just...nothingness. Emptiness. There's no point to it, you don't go anywhere, you just run around like a headless chicken trying to figure out how to stay alive and progress, but nothing ever happens. No plot progression, no gameplay, no exciting suprises, just...wandering and killing the same old enemies fifty times over. This is why I have a distaste for all Metroid games.

I love those games. But there generally needs to be upgrades to be had. if I get a new ability every so often, I'm happy.
pure-???'s shop of spells.    
Para

HP: 99 MP: 6 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 am   Reply with quote

Sports games, and most racing games. The exception being the Burnout series.

Simsmagic
Aggrieved
Vampire

HP: 28 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:29 am   Reply with quote

asdfqwert Sports and Puzzle games.

Sport games are the same thing every release, and I just plain suck as puzzles. D:
fgsfdszxcvb
Gorgeon's Weapons Shop    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:37 am   Reply with quote

Sports and racing.
Any kind of sport really bores me, and I'm not that into racing.
NON BANNER    
Addicted to linebreaks
Plastic Mario
Vampire

HP: 94 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:40 am   Reply with quote

Anything that doesn't really have a backstory.

RPGs are by far my favorite type of game because, well... It's impossible to have an RPG without a good storyline pushing everything forward.

Usually, I don't go for FPS games because either 1. They're based on WWII, which we've all seen before or 2. They're just "Pick up a gun and shoot everything in sight" oriented. Then again, there are a few good exceptions, like Shogo.
Fiberglass World    
cool
Lord Bob
Vampire

HP: 61 MP: 8 Lives: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:12 am   Reply with quote

Waffle-kun wrote:
Anything that doesn't really have a backstory.

RPGs are by far my favorite type of game because, well... It's impossible to have an RPG without a good storyline pushing everything forward.

Usually, I don't go for FPS games because either 1. They're based on WWII, which we've all seen before or 2. They're just "Pick up a gun and shoot everything in sight" oriented. Then again, there are a few good exceptions, like Shogo.

YES
I AM GETTING SICK OF GAMES BASED ON WWII OR OTHER PAST WARS
SUMMARY OF WWII: NAZIS LOSE, JEWS FREE, CELEBRATION
NON BANNER    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming