digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Mario Super Sluggers
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

HP: 10 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:05 pm   Reply with quote

Recently I was watching gameplays of this game, and I must say its a big improvement from the last game. Plus using the Wiimote to play Baseball sounds fun...sounds like an improvement from Wii Baseball. I might get it since its coming out around my birthday.
Anyways...the game looks promising so far. Too bad theres no wifi :[
The original roster from the previous installment will return, along with few new characters like Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby DK, Wiggler, Blooper, Tiny Kong, Funky Kong, Kritter, K Rool, and I think thats it... :[ Personally I wanted more captains and characters like the ones from MKW. You can also play as Miis and they don't have an annoying voice like in MKW :]
The new stages...looks awesome like Peach's Ice Garden and Luigi's Mansion. You can play some of these stages in both day and night.
Challenge mode looks like it took a major step from the last game. I really love challenge mode from the looks of it. Can't wait to play it.

Anyone getting this game? Sounds really fun this time. I think the controls are more like swinging the Wiimote a lot more than button mashing.
Baby Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:08 pm   Reply with quote

I hope they fixed the actual baseball part of it, because in the original, it didn't feel like baseball at all.
Geno's Tree    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm   Reply with quote

I hated the first one. It was really boring. Maybe this one will be a little better.
Shrowser's Shop    
Chocolate Kirby
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:47 pm   Reply with quote

My older bro. is going to pay for it, since I'm lying and saying that I don't really want it when he does. I'm saving up for upcoming games.
And besides, my older bro. STILL plays Wii Baseball even though in my opinion it sucks. At least in this one, you can run the bases and field.

DAT ASS
Arson

HP: 89 MP: 0 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:13 pm   Reply with quote

Not looking forward to this game... not a real fan of sports games.
Closed.    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:41 pm   Reply with quote

I adored the first game, it made my and all of my friends' Top 10 Gamecube Games list. It was just so insane, yet it had a freedom with the multiple characters, rather than just a single character and a few sidekicks. My ultimate team of Petey, Boomerang Bro, Magikoopa, Dry Bones, DK, Birdo, Boo, and...whoever was left (often Daisy or Dixie) remains undefeated by human competitors (I was tired one day).

I'd buy it just for playable K. Rool (like I did with Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast, and that turned out to be a decent racing game, fun to hit my friends with a senile old ape), but...it just looks like such an improvement from Superstar Baseball. I've been watching this game for a long while, and can't wait.

No wi-fi's a disappointment. Thought that this definately would since Strikers Charged did, but...guess it's just not meant to be.
Temple of I    
Fat Tuper
lovegod703

HP: 10 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:27 am   Reply with quote

The first one was one of my favorite Gamecube games. I LOVED it. But I don't think this one will be anywhere near as good. Items!? WTF!? Also, I just don't think the game will fell like a sequel with swinging the Wiimote. All in all, though. I'm still getting it.
Milton Games    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:56 pm   Reply with quote

Hopefully it WILL feel like baseball
Baby Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:04 pm   Reply with quote

How did yoshi miss this topic? He REALLY wants this game bad. Challeng emode looks amazingfullish, and yoshi is glad he has a good special bat.

Yoshi also plans to make a perfect chemistry team, ala, Yoshi, all the babies, and afew of the different colors of yoshi. But NO WI-FI? WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS WORLD......GPROGHOIHRIOUHJERIOJEPORJGPOERJGEROPIJ

Oh well. Still looks amazing.
PSI and more    
The #1 Bristle
Dark Bristle

HP: 50 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:21 pm   Reply with quote

I have personally been looking forward to this game. And from the sound of it, it seems very promising to me.
Dark Bristle's Shop of STUFF!    
Flavio Twitch Boobs
Super Hario

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:48 pm   Reply with quote

I am definitely getting this game. I loved the original Mario Superstar Baseball, so I'm sure I'll love this one. :3
The Little Shop of Hario    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:24 pm   Reply with quote

Do you bat with the wii mote, or is that just pitching?
PSI and more    
jacking off
Small Sammer Guy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:47 am   Reply with quote

Yoshi wrote:
Do you bat with the wii mote, or is that just pitching?

I believe there are 3 control methods, Wiimote sideways, vertical, and nunchuk.
Baby Shop    
Yoshi
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:36 pm   Reply with quote

HOLY SHIZZLE GUIZ, THIS IS EPIC ON A SANDWICH RIGHT HERE.

PSI and more    
Mister I
Almaz

HP: 43 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:53 pm   Reply with quote

HOLY CRUD! Watched a game on Peach Rink...that was BEAUTIFUL! The movements were fluid, Funky Kong had AWESOME animation, the remix of the Peach's Castle theme was...oh God, that brings back memories, and it was just...awesome overall! Really, I can't think of another way to describe it, that was just....just great.
Temple of I    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming