digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Luigi's Mansion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:10 pm   Reply with quote

I've been playing it for the past week or so, and I must admit, it's epic. The only reason I'm taking so long is because I want to get the best house and have everything perfect. God, getting all the bosses in one fateful suck is really, really hard, but I've managed to do it after a lot of saving and resetting (good thing this isn't Animal Crossing).

I had an idea for a second Luigi's Mansion game, if they ever released one for the Wii (not gonna happen, but it would be neat). I know Mario/Luigi don't go well with FPS games, but I think this could pull it off pretty well. In fact, it would probably actually make me jump a few times if it was in first person.
Geno's Tree    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:13 pm   Reply with quote

Luigi's Mansion was ultimately my favorite Gamecube game ever.

And yeah, I suggested that the one for Wii would be awesome as an FPS earlier today. I mean, think about it. Wouldn't that be awesome seeing from Luigi's point of view, sucking up ghosts?
Shrowser's Shop    
Chocolate Kirby
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:52 pm   Reply with quote

If there were one for the Wii, you can have a cross hair on the screen from the Wiimote and point it at the ghost and suck it up with the B button or something.

Luigi's Mansion is epic. And there are a lot of Boos! :D

Silver~

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:43 pm   Reply with quote

Yeah, it's an awesome game, also, remember that while one suck on portrait ghosts gets you a gold frame, surviving a boss battle with 90 or more hp gets you their gold frame.
I'm stuck on Sir Weston in the original Mansion, he's IMPOSSIBLE to get in one suck! D:
Shiggy's Stuff    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote

Has anyone tried to get the Tent Award? To do this, go through the whole game without getting ANY treasure at all. Even one coin will mess it up. At the end of the game, after you defeat Bowser/King Boo, you will see a painting of a tent where you should see Luigi's new mansion.
In the opposite direction, if you get almost all of the treasure in the game (including all 50 Boos, the plant in the garden, every optional room, and the secret treasure rooms, as well as any stuff you can find, plus the jewels dropped by Portrait Ghosts), if it all adds up to a ridiculously high number (I think it's >100,000,000 G), you get the Uber Mansion.
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
lolz
Shrowser

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:15 pm   Reply with quote

Wacko McGoose wrote:
Has anyone tried to get the Tent Award? To do this, go through the whole game without getting ANY treasure at all. Even one coin will mess it up. At the end of the game, after you defeat Bowser/King Boo, you will see a painting of a tent where you should see Luigi's new mansion.
In the opposite direction, if you get almost all of the treasure in the game (including all 50 Boos, the plant in the garden, every optional room, and the secret treasure rooms, as well as any stuff you can find, plus the jewels dropped by Portrait Ghosts), if it all adds up to a ridiculously high number (I think it's >100,000,000 G), you get the Uber Mansion.
I've played this so many times. Very Happy

I got all gold portraits for ghosts including King Boo and the Uber Mansion.
Shrowser's Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:17 pm   Reply with quote

Wacko McGoose wrote:
Has anyone tried to get the Tent Award? To do this, go through the whole game without getting ANY treasure at all. Even one coin will mess it up.
Actually, you can get a few coins I think. I have the strategy guide (I have no idea why, the game is straightforward), and it has the range for a tent at $0-some number that is low, but not 0.
Geno's Tree    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming