digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Coincidence? (Anyone know where I can get a DS fixed?)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:43 pm   Reply with quote

My DS, my broken DS lite, and my almost trashed DS lite all had their L and R buttons broken, and both of my DS lites had problems with the hinges (before the first finally broke) without being dropped or anything. I REALLY don't want to pay another $130 Canadian for a third lite. Is there any store in Canada that would fix a DS that's warranty expired?
A Bucket of Stuff    
Silver~

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:20 pm   Reply with quote

Well, you could always go to nintendo.com and ship it off to be fixed. It takes about a week to fix, I reccomend it.
Shiggy's Stuff    
YoshiAngemon
Sammer Guy Pizza Cat

HP: 100 MP: 8 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:35 am   Reply with quote

One time, when I used a Car Adapter on my DS Lite (it's Nintendo made), the L Button stopped working for a while. So, I left it alone in a soft place for a few days, and suddenly, the L Button works again. After that, I decided to buy DS Lite Nerf Armor.

Magmma
Gengar
Burning Vampire

HP: 1 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:50 am   Reply with quote

Putting it in your pocket is what usually makes the shoulder buttons stop working.

And Nintendo Charges about sixty bucks :X

Kekekekeke...
Lawl Shop    
The Axolotl Sympathist
Geno
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 4 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:11 am   Reply with quote

Both of my DS lites had hinge problems. I had to pay $50 each to get them fixed.
Geno's Tree    
Yoshi
Vampire

HP: 60 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:50 am   Reply with quote

Yoshi's hinge is broke'd and his works fine.

His touch screen has a dent in it though. He can't play any games that involve the touch screen.
PSI and more    
Super ShadowArticuno

HP: 99 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:43 pm   Reply with quote

Ah. I did have it in my pocket a lot. I guess I could use that bonus case I got from pre-ordering Pearl to carry it in a backpack.

Also, are there any stores that don't involve sticking it in a box and sending it off to Nintendo I can get it fixed at? I don't want to go through a whole ordeal like that. >_<
A Bucket of Stuff    
Wacko McGoose
Launching Star
Jailed
Jailed

HP: 10 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:01 pm   Reply with quote

Well, the R Button on my DS Lite sometimes won't work when I play Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. That is, until I found out that in that game, L Button = R Button.
And while playing Yoshi's Island DS (not ANY OTHER GAME I HAVE), the system will crag out and power itself off, even when the battery has a full cragging charge! And yes, I checked the battery itself: Good connections, and the DS is only two years old.
Oh, and the hinge cracked near the power light. The system still SORTA works, but I can't get the Top Screen to stay at the angle I like. Know how I stopped the piece from falling off completely? Sticky tape.
First problem I ever had with the thing: At certain screen angles (halfway between 90 dregrees and Sleep Mode (0 degrees), the Top Screen gets whitewashed. To fix it, I just tilt it to 160 degrees (where it first locks before going to 180 degrees).
And since my system is 2 years old... Sayonara, warranty! I think a new system is cheaper than all these repairs I'd have to have the guys in Redmond, WA do...
Wacko's BURNINATED Gag Shop    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> Gaming