digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

So now I'm a mod...
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:21 am   Reply with quote

...it'll take time to get used to the dark green lettering. Razz

Anyway, I figure you all deserve to know my reasons for accepting Francis and Cid's offer, so allow me to elaborate, and describe how I hope to be as mod.

Becoming a moderator was honestly something I really cared about during the first time Francis decided to add them. I thought I would be a good choice solely because I moderated my brother's game for many years. The desire to be mod quickly vanished when I began having my doubts about the site's future, and since then I never really bothered with it. When I got the proposition from Francis, I wasn't sure at first. I didn't think becoming a mod would be a good idea, but I didn't feel like it would be a bad idea either. I was conflicted between accepting responsibility or just continuing to laze about like I have, without a real care in the world. While I was thinking, I figured out just how I'd go about this now. I accepted the offer.

How will I work as a moderator, you may ask? I hope that, with this status, the suggestions I make will recieve a stronger response. My aim is to make the opinion of moderators change for the better. As of now, the community thinks of the staff as a bunch of incompotent people who can't take a joke and strike everything that could be minorly offensive to one person. The latter of which is a suggestion I hope to propose a remedy for in feedback as early as tomorrow. As a moderator, I hope to change things for everyone. A big dream, perhaps, but everything is a dream at one point. With this opportunity, I'll do everything I can to try and change this site for the better.

If I feel I cannot live up to the name of moderator, I will give up my position.

I guess that's all I can say for now. I dislike long speeches...
Tamriellic Titles    
I see what you are doing.
Lord Vaati

HP: 99 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:27 am   Reply with quote

I know what you mean.

I never give very good speeches for I lack the knowledge needed.
Dark World Shop of Magic    
Hellza Ballza
Goron Mask
Dead
Dead

HP: 0 MP: 5 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:30 am   Reply with quote

I'm glad to see you have good intentions as a mod. I look forward to seeing what you can do.
Some store that sells shit    
Strawberry-san
Celeste Dimentia

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:29 am   Reply with quote

The community honestly thinks that about us? I take my job very seriously, and maybe it's that I'm in the wrong mood or something right now, but hearing that makes me feel horrible. I'm incompetent? I can't take a joke? When did this happen to me? Everyone honestly thinks this right now? ... DRF<.fdx.... I'm too hurt by this. I gotta resist the urge to scream. o.o Just when I think the community actually doesn't think I'm incompetent or bad at the job I care about so much I hear something like this, and it seems that I've been DEAD WRONG.

I'm sorry that I haven't been good enough for you guys, even though I've tried as hard as I can every day doing this job... blaahhh, anyway, I'll probably be accused of overreacting, and maybe I am, again, I'm not in the most ideal mood...

Anyway.... I welcome you again to the team, M'aiq.................. may your proposal help change me to actually be worth something more as a Moderator. And I apologize to everyone for this reaction. I'll probably look on it later with shame for being so offended.

I thought that people were actually gaining a little more confidence in us. My big BIG mistake. o.o

Being a good and fair Moderator for you guys is TREMENDOUSLY important to me... I guess I'm TOO consumed in caring about this. And so it's all bottled up and lead to this blown-up, crazy response.
Dimension D    
High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:53 am   Reply with quote

Celeste Dimentia wrote:
The community honestly thinks that about us? I take my job very seriously, and maybe it's that I'm in the wrong mood or something right now, but hearing that makes me feel horrible. I'm incompetent? I can't take a joke? When did this happen to me? Everyone honestly thinks this right now? ... DRF<.fdx.... I'm too hurt by this. I gotta resist the urge to scream. o.o Just when I think the community actually doesn't think I'm incompetent or bad at the job I care about so much I hear something like this, and it seems that I've been DEAD WRONG.

I'm sorry that I haven't been good enough for you guys, even though I've tried as hard as I can every day doing this job... blaahhh, anyway, I'll probably be accused of overreacting, and maybe I am, again, I'm not in the most ideal mood...

Anyway.... I welcome you again to the team, M'aiq.................. may your proposal help change me to actually be worth something more as a Moderator. And I apologize to everyone for this reaction. I'll probably look on it later with shame for being so offended.

I thought that people were actually gaining a little more confidence in us. My big BIG mistake. o.o

Being a good and fair Moderator for you guys is TREMENDOUSLY important to me... I guess I'm TOO consumed in caring about this. And so it's all bottled up and lead to this blown-up, crazy response.
Like I said, people really only think this about cherry, and even then, it's *crag*ing bullshit.
Lapin Angelique    
CFH
Ligador

HP: 100 MP: 6 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:01 am   Reply with quote

That's because usually what we get to see from the mods is the negative.

People take their topics to court for a reason. And these strikes are the most visible ones.

But we usually never notice it when a mod takes a just, right action. Only when it has visible effects, e.g. a locked topic.

Anyway, welcome to the staff, Maiq. We are in need of a numberous staff, so, your, let's say, promotion can only be helpful.

Furthermore, it also seems you have good ideas and knows what you're doing. That's the sort of thing that sets bad mod and good mod aside.

Lastly, good luck, and again, welcome to the staff.

PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Cherry
Vampire

HP: 65 MP: 6 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:29 am   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
As of now, the community thinks of the staff as a bunch of incompetent people who can't take a joke and strike everything that could be minorly offensive to one person.
No...

No, that's just me, actually.
Console Merchandise    
~A color is just a color~
Frozenwinters

HP: 1 MP: 0 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:04 pm   Reply with quote

Now that collectibles are back, will you still give out fishy sticks?
The Carmadox Party    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:50 pm   Reply with quote

Celeste, it wasn't really meant as "every one of you are like this because it's true." It's really how some people view the mods as a whole. Besides, you haven't exactly been here to fall under that category, given a bunch of those rediculous strikes in Court and all.

Ad yes, Frozen, I'm going o begin handing out Fishysticks once I make them. Razz

And I'm sorry if you took offense to that, Cherry. That's kind of the general stereotype I figured the forum saw. Being 3AM and being tired, I can be an ass at those times. <_<
Tamriellic Titles    
TooManyToasters
Paper_Waluigi

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 pm   Reply with quote

Congrats.

I don't think everybody really holds a negative stereotype of the mods; yes, a lot of the strikes in Court are ridiculous, but that's probably a single person's fault. ФֻФ
asdf    
Bartz Klauser
BAMFing ARCHER
Werewolf

HP: 100 MP: 5 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:52 pm   Reply with quote

Great addition to the team, as I said earlier. I'm glad that Cid recommended Black and yourself, and Francis accepted you into the team.

Hopefully, the mods can get more power, and give a firmer grasp on the law, yet, have fun when it's necessary. As they say, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Well, hope the mods get better powers, as opposed to their strikes and locks.

I hope the mods get a better opinion in the eye of the public, and I wish you (and Black) the best in your moderation career.
The Town of Lix    
Ohh, THAT makes sense!
Tyler
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 2 Lives: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:24 pm   Reply with quote

Coca-Cola Cherry wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
As of now, the community thinks of the staff as a bunch of incompetent people who can't take a joke and strike everything that could be minorly offensive to one person.
No...

People need to stop giving you bullshit.
Tyler's Sexy Shop    
Crappiest Animator ever.
Chaos-Stev-0

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:26 pm   Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Coca-Cola Cherry wrote:
Maiq the Liar wrote:
No...

People need to stop giving you bullshit.
Seriously, all Cherry is doin' is the task assigned to anyone who is a mod, and yet, because you do the most FOR the moderation team, you get falmed and hated by some, which is stupid.

If you are an animal lover and your relative works in a fast food resturant, you can't hate him for doin' his job, he is just tryin' to do what was assigned to him.
Shop of Stev-0    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 am   Reply with quote

Well, then, I wish you the best of luck, Maiq. You have my full support, as has the whole mod staff. If they do something.

What was it that God!Galaxy said ? "If you're doing things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Such, I guess, is the faith of those in power - someone is always left out.

I'd probably be totally overbearing as a mod because of my samaritan syndrome. :>
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Psst...
Die4Less
Vampire

HP: 95 MP: 0 Lives: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:26 am   Reply with quote

Zelnor wrote:
Well, then, I wish you the best of luck, Maiq. You have my full support, as has the whole mod staff. If they do something.

What was it that God!Galaxy said ? "If you're doing things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Such, I guess, is the faith of those in power - someone is always left out.

I'd probably be totally overbearing as a mod because of my samaritan syndrome. :>

It shouldn't be too much of a problem IMO. You would actually work as one (Once Again, IMO)...

And, yeah, I wish you well Maiq. You have my support!

At least, for now...
Die4Less Corp.    
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger