digibutter.nerr Forum Index
Hey [you]! If you haven't noticed, this is now the old digibutter forums. Go over to the new site!
digibutter.nerr
It's Hi-Technicaaal!

Warning: Pissed off Mom

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger
Medikoopa
Vampire

HP: 100 MP: 1 Lives: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:45 pm   Reply with quote

She was yelling at me in the morning, as she often does on Tuesdays thanks to my 8 am class. She then started going on about rulers and had me go up to get it and while I was UP ON THE THIRD FLOOR, she was STILL yelling! In my frustration, I yelled back for her to "Shut up", as I was getting tired of her yelling at me virtually every day...

...silence.

When I came down, she was staring at me and calmly repeated "Shut... up...? Okay, that's it! I'm taking your laptop!" then when on a rant about my supposed ill-behavior.

I'm hoping she'll be calmed down and able to hear logic as I NEED it for all my classes and also (but not sure if mentioning it will be a good idea) that it was given to me as a GIFT for graduating from highschool and thus it can't be taken away.

If I don't come back later on at roughly 7 pm, I'm either still talking to her or she took the damn thing.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

HP: 10 MP: 7 Lives: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:19 pm   Reply with quote

Oh Lord, the parents.

It's just about impossible to argue with them between the space of 15 and about 25 or something. They still see you as children, whilst you often see yourself as adult and therefore stop complying and question your authority figures.

Best of luck. If in doubt, erm...

Actually, my parents are rather sporadic (or I suck as an analyzer of social patterns) so I ahve no advice. >_>
Twilit Mall: Zelnor Mart    
Larry Koopa
Sam

HP: 35 MP: 1 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:22 pm   Reply with quote

Zelnor wrote:
Oh Lord, the parents.

It's just about impossible to argue with them between the space of 15 and about 25 or something. They still see you as children, whilst you often see yourself as adult and therefore stop complying and question your authority figures.

Best of luck. If in doubt, erm...

Actually, my parents are rather sporadic (or I suck as an analyzer of social patterns) so I ahve no advice. >_>

2troo. My parents treat me like a 6 year old.
Koop    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:24 pm   Reply with quote

Well, for them you're a kid with nearly no life wisdom, and they've raised oyu and are used to you complying.

For you, you're becoming an adult, and have an education and full mental facilities, so you stop just taking everything as The Gospel.
Shadoo Omega
Super Shadoo™

HP: 100 MP: 0 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:30 pm   Reply with quote

She sounds kinda like my Aunt Bonnie, EVERYONE in my family hates her!

Parents... Eh, Parents are just nurturing tools to help you become one yourself. To raise a child into a full Homosapian to help out the earth and other people. I don't plan on having kids, because I don't want to become virtually retarded. (No offense to any board members who actually have kids [BUT SRSLY LOLOLOIOOOLLOL])

I wasn't raised correctly. Thats what you get for being first. My sister wasn't ether. We get along, but we are total opposites. (Sorry, I like to rant)
Shadoo's Badge Shop    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:08 pm   Reply with quote

Sounds like my mother. <_<;

I think she knows she can't actually take away your laptop, since it's officially yours, I think she may have been trying to intimidate you.

Still, "Shut up" is a bit extreme in my opinion. When my mom yells at me to do something I usually yell something like "I'LL DO IT IN A MINUTE, PIPE DOWN" Besides that, my mother knows she can't take the things that are ours. She used to threaten to, but she actually did back when we had the N64, but it stopped around the Gamecube era since we officially paid for it.

Best of luck in this situation, though. Parents can be a real pain sometimes, but I still love 'em. Razz
Tamriellic Titles    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:54 pm   Reply with quote

She has yet to mention the laptop, but as Dad pointed out when I was coming down with it... she might the second she sees me with it.

So I'm holed up in my room on the laptop, hoping that she won't decide to take it.
Dark Land Supply Store    
Apparently missed a lot
LudwigVonKoopa
Vampire

HP: 5 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:01 pm   Reply with quote

Concept:

Stop defying your damn parents. They brought you into this world, be grateful. >:U
Stuff Mart    
oar
Super Maiq the Liar

HP: 100 MP: 10 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:06 pm   Reply with quote

LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
Concept:

Stop defying your damn parents. They brought you into this world, be grateful. >:U

You make it sound like our parents have the right to enslave their children.

Considering the fact that she is over the age of 18 and has a job, she has every right to say "no" to some things. Specifically, it sounds like her mother was being pretty lazy in this scenario since she told Medi to go out to do something for her.

Sure, perhaps her parents feed her, but that doesn't make her a slave. Neutral
Tamriellic Titles    
High Priestess Paula
Count_Bleck

HP: 30 MP: 2 Lives: 9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:43 pm   Reply with quote

Maiq the Liar wrote:
LudwigVonKoopa wrote:
Concept:

You make it sound like our parents have the right to enslave their children.

Considering the fact that she is over the age of 18 and has a job, she has every right to say "no" to some things. Specifically, it sounds like her mother was being pretty lazy in this scenario since she told Medi to go out to do something for her.

Sure, perhaps her parents feed her, but that doesn't make her a slave. Neutral
Expessioully(I can never spell that, and spell check never gets it. So...uhmm...you know what word I mean) yelling at her when she's already doing it.
Lapin Angelique    
Medikoopa
Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:24 pm   Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, but she rarely yells at me like that. She does not treat me like a slave and I do love her and help out when I can (unlike Ludwig implying that I do not).

Its just that I was getting the ruler from my room and she was STILL yelling at me about it from two stories down!
Dark Land Supply Store    
Shadowlugia
INeedScissors61
Vampire

HP: 74 MP: 2 Lives: 0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 pm   Reply with quote

You are out of highschool and therefore, unless incredibly intelligent, over the age of 18. You are no longer a minor. You now have the right to go to your mother, get your face really close to hers, yell "GIMME THAT SHIT BACK!!!" at the top of your lungs, strands of saliva seaping onto her face, then yank it from benteath her arm and plug it in the wall of your room blissfully.
she's treating you like a child.

My parents view me as responsible and allow me to do whateever the crap I want, knowing better that I wouldnt be getting into trouble. So I guess I just hate seeing overly strict-type parents.
Shadowlugia's Shop    
Token Nazi?
Zelnor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:24 am   Reply with quote

Spitting on her < Diplomacy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    digibutter.nerr Forum Index -> digiblogger